Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2021, 01:27   #6511
BHPian

Re: The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR96 View Post
I after receiving my laptop initially had deleted many softwares. Is there any other way to get those back other that resetting the laptop.

Thank you for your help in advance.
First of all do not do any copy paste of any data in the drive/ partition on which you had deleted the software apps. Install and run a good data recovery software on that partition. Unless a lot of writing has been done on that partition since the time you deleted the files, there is good chance it will recover those files.

Easeus Data Recovery is one such software. Please note that trial versions will find deleted files but not recover it. You will need full license copy of the software app to actually recover your deleted files.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 11:13   #6512
BHPian

Folks from bangalore - need a bit of help.
Looking for a MacBook for my wifey (browsing and basic tasks). Are there any good (reliable and trustworthy) second hand sellers?
Looking to pick up a 2017 or later version.
Old 26th December 2021, 17:39   #6513
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, Need your help please.

I after receiving my laptop initially had deleted many softwares which I didn't require. Now I regret that decision, I had deleted some useful apps like DTS Ultra etc. Is there any other way to get those back other that resetting the laptop.

Do you mean pre-installed from the manufacturer? You can always download them from their website. Which brand of laptop?
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 19:49   #6514
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, Need your help please.

I after receiving my laptop initially had deleted many softwares which I didn't require. Now I regret that decision, I had deleted some useful apps like DTS Ultra etc. Is there any other way to get those back other that resetting the laptop.

You can always download software from OEM Website and it will detect your laptop model with SL Number& etc.,(https://support.hp.com/in-en/contact/laptops) if it is HP Laptop please use HP assist App which is pre-installed.
SVMBLR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2021, 19:53   #6515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Do you mean pre-installed from the manufacturer? You can always download them from their website. Which brand of laptop?
Its from Acer. The model is Acer Predator Triton 300. Model no. is PT315-51.

I checked their site. Got this.

Edit: Checked it out it worked. Thank you guys.

Last edited by RR96 : 26th December 2021 at 20:06.
RR96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 11:03   #6516
BHPian

I have a Asus Laptop with I3-10th Gen CPU and 4 GB onboard RAM. There is an additional slot to increase the RAM capacity. The max capacity is 32 GB

Can I do 4GB (Onboard)+8 GB(Upgrade) = 12 GB or
I will have to keep same config of 4 GB like- 4GB (Onboard)+4 GB(Upgrade) = 8 GB
Old 29th December 2021, 11:41   #6517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer View Post
I have a Asus Laptop with I3-10th Gen CPU and 4 GB onboard RAM. There is an additional slot to increase the RAM capacity. The max capacity is 32 GB

Can I do 4GB (Onboard)+8 GB(Upgrade) = 12 GB or
I will have to keep same config of 4 GB like- 4GB (Onboard)+4 GB(Upgrade) = 8 GB
Better you add 8GB RAM instead of adding 4GB, go for ADATA make if Memory Module is DDR4 also check existing Memory Clock Frequency before buying RAM
Old 29th December 2021, 11:59   #6518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVMBLR View Post
Better you add 8GB RAM instead of adding 4GB, go for ADATA make if Memory Module is DDR4 also check existing Memory Clock Frequency before buying RAM
The current RAM is 3200 MHz and single channel. Will that impact somehow? Also 4 GB + 8 GB will work flawlessly?
Old 29th December 2021, 12:13   #6519
BHPian

Quote:
The current RAM is 3200 MHz and single channel. Will that impact somehow? Also 4 GB + 8 GB will work flawlessly?
Yes it will work flawlessly even if you upgrade to W11 64 Bit, just check price variation between 8GB and 16 GB and if your laptop H/W did not meet requirements of W11 then you can add 8GB only.
SVMBLR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 10:02   #6520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Memory access works better with RAM of same capacity, so 4GB+8GB will not be as good as 8GB+8GB.

With RAM prices low, the per GB cost decreases with capacity, so getting more RAM is viable. If finances permit, try 16GB+16GB

https://www.mysmartprice.com/compute...-in-india.html

I believe that Kingston or Hynix are good brands. (Check reviews on the net)
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 10:49   #6521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Memory access works better with RAM of same capacity, so 4GB+8GB will not be as good as 8GB+8GB.
True, but the existing 4GB is soldered on motherboard with one extra SODIMM slot for an upgrade. So If I have to keep the same config I can upgrade to max 8 GB( 4+4)
Old 30th December 2021, 10:56   #6522
BHPian

Quote:
True, but the existing 4GB is soldered on motherboard with one extra SODIMM slot for an upgrade. So If I have to keep the same config I can upgrade to max 8 GB( 4+4)
For 4x8GB configuration,

Dual Channel will work till system usage is within 8GB, and when usage is beyond that, stuff on that extra memory block will get single channel performance

Price difference between 4GB modules and 8GB are ridiculously low, personally I would invest in 8GB stick.

Do check your existing RAM's frequency and by a matching frequency stick.

Thanks
NaXal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 10:00   #6523
Senior - BHPian

How do laptop prices in the UK compare with those in India?

A family member is shifting there for a three year assignment and needs a personal piece. Wondering whether to buy it here or pick one there itself.

Looking for a 16 - 512 (SSD), i5 11 Gen combination.
Old 2nd January 2022, 08:29   #6524
BHPian

Team, Need some help here.

I'm looking out for a laptop for home usage for normal browsing, movie watching etc., (zero gaming). However, do not want to buy a product that is too basic in configs.
So, had these specs/filtering criteria in mind -
- i5 processor (the only reason I'm not going to Ryzen is that I have never used one before)
- at least 8GB RAM
- 512GB SSD
- 15.6" preferably (as I said, for movie watching)
- Win10

I have been a Dell user for very long time and had almost zeroed in on Inspiron 15 3000 having 8GB/512GB costing me around 62K

Incidentally, I came across this better spec-ed Lenovo Ideapad having 16GB/512GB and some niceties like fingerprint reader costing me around the same price as the Dell.

My question is.. how good is Lenovo as compared to Dell - in terms of service/customer support and the product as such.

Secondly, is there any other product that I can have a look at.

Thanks in advance!
Old 2nd January 2022, 09:10   #6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
Secondly, is there any other product that I can have a look at.

Thanks in advance!
Hi, I just ordered a HP Ryzen 3 for myself for the same type of needs as you mentioned plus I will be doing my office work on it. It is a 256gb ssd but I think it surely will have 512 gb ssd option too with Ryzen 5.

I have been an HP user for the last 7 years and that old laptop is still one of the finest I have ever used. I basically needed to shift my office ERP to a new machine hence ordered this. It cost me 39k. Will arrive later today so I can provide you some real feedback in 3-4 days if you can wait.

Another option I found in the same category was Asus model costing 38k with fingerprint if you need it. I didn't and I trust HP so went for it. If you are going to be zero gaming and no work load on a machine then I personally feel 60k is a bit too much to put in.
Gaurav_7 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks