Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2021, 19:50   #6331
BHPian

Re: The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions

Does anybody have experience with the Surface Laptop 4?
I am planning to get the 15inch Ryzen 5 one. My workflow is very basic which involves the usage of Slack, Notion, Excel, and lots of tabs(Brave). Criteria are premium build, good quality screen and battery life
Old 18th July 2021, 16:16   #6332
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupamsinha View Post

However I also prefer Intel. Have burnt my hands twice with AMD and now prefer Intel only.
AMD is exceptionally good with gaming and graphics and they made sense earlier with definitive price advantages over corresponding Intel. Now, AMD Ryzen series laptops cost more than some of Intel core powered machines. Unless someone into heavy gaming / graphics, Intel is the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Ryzen 5 2500U has virtualization support - the setting may be disabled in the BIOS/UEFI. I'd be really surprised if x86 processors did not support it - very old tech. Pentium you'd have to check.
I never said, it doesn't support virtualization. I found compatibility issues with certain software.

Update:

Ordered ASUS Zenbook 14 UX425 with 11th gen Intel i5 core processor. Received a good deal form Reliance digital. Only fly in the cake, being a ultrabook, RAM and other components are soldered on and non upgradable. I will update once I receive the product.
Highlight of configuration as below, while full details can be found here.

Quote:
i5-1135G7 Processor | 14" display with 300 nits and 100%sRGB | 8GB LPDDR4X at 4266MHz | 512 gb NVMe 3.0 | 2 Thunderbolt 4.0 port with fast charging along with 65W type-C charger | 67 WHrs battery | Metal casing with 1.17 kg weight
PetrolRider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2021, 22:28   #6333
Team-BHP Support

What's a good gaming controller for a PC/laptop? Wired/wireless?
Old 22nd July 2021, 16:13   #6334
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

Can anyone suggest a good reliable website where I can buy laptop battery.

Original battery is tough to find for a 7 year old Lenovo Z40. Also, no search results were found in Lenovo website for searching that particular battery model number.
Old 22nd July 2021, 16:48   #6335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhupesh_2628 View Post
Hello BHPians,

Can anyone suggest a good reliable website where I can buy laptop battery.

Original battery is tough to find for a 7 year old Lenovo Z40. Also, no search results were found in Lenovo website for searching that particular battery model number.
I bought a Dell OEM battery from lapgadgets.in last month and was delivered in a week's time.

You can check this out -

https://lapgadgets.in/products/origi...4a02-l12s4e01/

KK
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 09:36   #6336
BHPian

My ASUS ROG G551VW which I had bought in 2016 is showing a blank screen post switching on. Had given it to ASUS authorized service center and they ordered a screen replacement part and tried to replace the screen but then later told me that this was a motherboard issue and motherboard had to be replaced and it would cost me 56K to replace the motherboard. I am not sure if the entire motherboard needs to be replaced since I am mostly guessing it is only a part in the motherboard which may be faulty.

Does anyone know of a good service center or any good service folks in Bangalore. I want to see if this can be fixed by any 3rd party service guy who is good and knows how to diagnose and fix such issues.
Old 25th July 2021, 10:11   #6337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
Does anyone know of a good service center or any good service folks in Bangalore. I want to see if this can be fixed by any 3rd party service guy who is good and knows how to diagnose and fix such issues.
Search for "chip level repair / chip level service" , if it is a known issue, they might be able to replace the faulty part.

E.g.:
https://www.justdial.com/Bangalore/C...s/nct-11144279
NetfreakBombay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 13:09   #6338

Mod note: Removing font tags, please avoid direct copy paste from external font editors, also do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks.

Hi, I need recommendations for a gaming laptop under Rs.2 lakh. Not a huge gamer, but would like the fire power whenever needed.

My requirements in this order are:

Top notch reliability & after sales service,

Extended warranty 2/3 years,

1TB SSD,

16GB RAM,

NVIDIA Graphics 3000x series,

Prefer Intel for reliability, but open to AMD,

HDMI 2.0,

At least 3 USB- A ports,

Fast charging

Any tips would be much appreciated

Last edited by Jaggu : 25th July 2021 at 13:18.
Old 25th July 2021, 13:44   #6339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reganluis View Post
Mod note: Removing font tags, please avoid direct copy paste from external font editors, also do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks.

Hi, I need recommendations for a gaming laptop under Rs.2 lakh. Not a huge gamer, but would like the fire power whenever needed.

My requirements in this order are:

Top notch reliability & after sales service,

Extended warranty 2/3 years,

1TB SSD,

16GB RAM,

NVIDIA Graphics 3000x series,

Prefer Intel for reliability, but open to AMD,

HDMI 2.0,

At least 3 USB- A ports,

Fast charging

Quoting my old post. I got this recently. It comes with 3 years at home warranty from the company. But for gaming, you will need an external Monitor and speakers too. The only thing that I don't like in this are the stock speakers. But then I already had an external speaker system from Philips which is just fabulous for my needs.

Check if the tech specs are good for your needs. Online reviews recommended taking Quadro® T1000 instead of Quadro® P620 but I had budget limitations and my gaming needs are not that exhaustive. Hence I settled for Quadro® P620.

Price wise these days AMD and Intel are on par due to the ongoing chip shortages and the boom in electronic item sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
· Windows 10 Pro 64 (no option for Home)
· Intel® Core™ i7-10750H (with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 6 cores)
· 32 GB RAM (1 x 32 GB)
· 2 SODIMM slots
· 1 TB PCIe® NVMe™ TLC M.2 SSD
· 15.6" diagonal, FHD - Can't afford a 17" in India at present :(
· NVIDIA® Quadro® P620 (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
· 1 RJ-45; 1 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate (charging); 1 HDMI 2.0, 1 Thunderbolt™ 3 (40Gbps signaling rate) with SuperSpeed USB Type-C® 10Gbps signaling rate (DisplayPort™ 1.2); 2 Super Speed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate; 1 headphone/microphone combo
· 1 smart card reader
· Integrated Intel® I219-LM GbE
· Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (2x2) and Bluetooth® 5 combo, non-vPro®
· Life 6-cell, 83 Wh Li-ion polymer

Last edited by sunilch : 25th July 2021 at 13:46.
sunilch is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 13:57   #6340
BHPian

Quote:
Ryzen 9 5900 HS and RTX 3070

https://dl.flipkart.com/s/2BlCFlNNNN

Last edited by Aditya : 25th July 2021 at 18:09. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 16:41   #6341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
Ryzen 9 5900 HS and RTX 3070

https://dl.flipkart.com/s/2BlCFlNNNN
The Zephyrus will not have the same graphics performance of a ROG Strix or a Desktop.

It is better to buy a ROG Strix over a Zephyrus if Gaming performance is a key consideration. A ROG Strix with a RTX3060 may offer similar performance if not outperform a ROG Zephyrus with RTX3070 as can be seen from the specs below. The boost and the TDP are much higher for the same Graphics card in the ROG Strix. Also the Rog Strix comes with Ryzen 9 5900HX option which is a desktop processor infact and offers better performance compared to 5900HS in Zephyrus. One thing to note is that the ROG Strix needs a 15A power socket because of these and I guess Zephyrus may do with normal power socket for charging.

Rog Strix series has the below options
1. NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 - 6GB GDDR6 VRAM, with ROG Boost up to 1802MHz at 115W (130W with Dynamic Boost)
2. NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3070 - 8GB GDDR6 VRAM, with ROG Boost up to 1660MHz at 115W (130W with Dynamic Boost)

Rog Zephyrus has the below options:
1. NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3060 - 6GB GDDR6 VRAM, with ROG Boost up to 1525MHz at 80W (95W with Dynamic Boost)
2. NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3070 - 8GB GDDR6 VRAM, with ROG Boost up to 1390MHz at 80W (100W with Dynamic Boost)
3. NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3080 - 8GB GDDR6 VRAM, with ROG Boost up to 1345MHz at 80W (100W with Dynamic Boost)
whencut86 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 19:59   #6342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
What's a good gaming controller for a PC/laptop? Wired/wireless?
Buy the latest Xbox Series X Bluetooth controller eyes closed. You can also go for the older Xbox One controller which offer similar features if on discount.
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08K3GW17S/...JBJ8GT03QEPMN0

Quote:

You definitely don't need to spend 2L for the configuration you are looking for. Also its very easy and economical to upgrade the RAM and SSD aftermarket than buying from OEM where you end up paying much more for a higher model which may come with features you may not need.

I added a 2nd 1TB SSD for 11K and another 16GB ram for 4.5K
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ml#post5001978 (The Computer setup show-off thread. Let's see your rigs!)

I will recommend you watch Jarrod's Tech review channel for laptop comparison and chose one which is available locally by comparing their performance and value.

Last edited by Samfromindia : 25th July 2021 at 20:04.
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 17:30   #6343
BHPian

Hi all,
A friend is looking to pick up a laptop, mainly for attending classes for her masters and light video editing. budget is 40-50k. Keeping in mind the current Amazon Prime day sale going on, what are some good suggestions for an allrounder laptop? (I'm thinking i5 or Ryzen5 would be sufficient for the use case)
Old 26th July 2021, 18:48   #6344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
Hi all,
A friend is looking to pick up a laptop, mainly for attending classes for her masters and light video editing. budget is 40-50k. Keeping in mind the current Amazon Prime day sale going on, what are some good suggestions for an allrounder laptop? (I'm thinking i5 or Ryzen5 would be sufficient for the use case)
I have been looking at laptops recently on both Amazon and Flipkart. Most of the time Flipkart is cheaper than Amazon so I would suggest get from Flipkart.

Go with Ryzen 5 5xxx models as it has 2 more cores than i5 and intel 11th gen laptops also cost more. For same price Ryzen beats intel easily.

Ryzen 5 hexa-core 5500u is good cpu and models with it start cheaper than on Amazon.

Take a look at this Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 (2021) Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5500U - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) 14 ALC 6 Thin and Light Laptop on Flipkart https://dl.flipkart.com/s/hyMJeRuuuN

Take a look at this ASUS VivoBook Ultra Ryzen 5 Hexa Core 5500U - (8 GB/512 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) KM413UA-EB502TS Thin and Light Laptop on Flipkart https://dl.flipkart.com/s/RAFaVvNNNN

These are towards the higher end of your budget but will be worth it in the long run.
Old 27th July 2021, 06:16   #6345
BHPian

Hi All,
Please suggest a good laptop for senior citizen parents. Maximum usage is 2-3 hours per week. They both have nice mobiles so laptop needed only for rare occassions. Ideally looking for i3/Ryzen3. Although budget not an issue, Prefer something below 40K.

Main Priority
1) light weight
2) Need to have genuine windows OS and microsoft office tools

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks