Team-BHP - The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/67390-laptop-thread-configs-deals-questions-39.html)

Hey there fella's,

I am looking to get a decent laptop and have set aside 30K for the same.
I would be using it primarily to check email, listen to music online,etc.

I reside in Mumbai.
What brand and where would you recommend that I look.

Thanks

Note from moderator: Threads merged.

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvjascha
Hey there fella's,

I am looking to get a decent laptop and have set aside 30K for the same.
I would be using it primarily to check email, listen to music online,etc.

I reside in Mumbai.
What brand and where would you recommend that I look.

Thanks

Email is not a very tiring application. For online music, I would think it's pretty much internet connection dependent.

From what I gauge, you need a basic laptop, even a basic Celeron based one would do. You should get one easily at your budget, I would reckon. Something from Dell, ACI or Compaq?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble

From what I gauge, you need a basic laptop, even a basic Celeron based one would do. You should get one easily at your budget, I would reckon. Something from Dell, ACI or Compaq?

Ajay, you're right about the basic laptop.
What between the 3 would you recommend? Could you also be specific about the model numbers that you referring to?

Whereabouts in Mumbai, do you suggest I look at?

hey guys,

Finally got me a laptop... a real VFM deal.. as my use was mostly for MS Office and surfing....and for soem music using my Senns... makes for a nice CD player while im surfing or when i bring home some work.....

igot a ACER Travel Mate 2428

Mobile centrino 1.8 Ghz processor
256 RAM ( upgrded to 512 )
14 inch widescreen
DVD COMBO DRIVE
Free Leather Targus laptop bag

PAID ONLY 37k FOR IT.....and i forgot its really lightweight..abt 2.35ks in all.....very portable

would rcommend it to anyone wanting a lappie for very basic use...

I'm getting the ACER TM 2424 NWXCi for 29K. It has the following specs:Intel Cel 1.6 GHz1MB L2 Cache256 MB DDR240 GBDVD Combo14.1" Wide XGA TFT2.35 kgsLinux as Free DOSUtilisation would be for basic operations such as net surfing, emails, etc. Like most laptops, this comes with a one-year warranty.From a maintenance point of view, does it really matter from where the laptop is purchased - as in, from a large showroom, a comparatively way- smaller shop? Obviously, there is almost a 10K difference in pricing between the two stores, one marketing the COMPAQ brand while the other, ACER.What do you guys think?

hi Guys...
i shifted company,
so the day i joined i got a Brand new Laptop...

its a DELL LATITUDE D620...

its Intel Centrino Duo
2.00GHz
2GB RAM,
256MB Video card,
100B HDD
DVD Drive(not a DVD R, very sad)

its running great...

well i had got my laptop alomost 2 years back

hp - zt 3000
1.73 centrino M , dvd r/rw , 512 mb ram , ati 128 mb gpu , 15.4 wide screen,60 gb hdd , windows xp and all the usual softwares that these ppl provide with. for 75 K .

Hey guys,
i'm currently using an old Compaq Presario 2100 for my school work.
While the laptop is holding up, there is one small problem.
Recently, the laptop has stopped reading whatever device i put into my USB port including my Nokia Data Cable and Transcend 1GB pen drive.
Is there anything i can do?
Thanks.
Cheers

you can check below link for some dell appreciable deals:
Notebook Smart Values

how much should a used dell 5100 inspiron laptop with 256 MB ram and a 2.4 ghz processor cost
oh it's ~ 3 yrs old

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe (Post 370637)
how much should a used dell 5100 inspiron laptop with 256 MB ram and a 2.4 ghz processor cost
oh it's ~ 3 yrs old

HDD size? Which Processor?

If Celeron, 7k
If Pentium, not more than 10k

pentium, not sure abt the hdd size ...

only one thing my friend....DELL IS HELL

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345 (Post 370714)
only one thing my friend....DELL IS HELL

used dell's a lot and i have different observations abt dell ... but each to his own ...

We have around 1000+ dell notebooks in our office. Yes, Dell parts fail often (that's what I heard from my sysadmin). But you dont even have a feel of it due to their exemplary support.

Not even faced single issue in my notebook in the past 4 yrs.