Team-BHP - The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/67390-laptop-thread-configs-deals-questions-267.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by midazolam (Post 3353666)
And is there any old laptop exchange program right now? Flipkart has one but on selected HP models.

Thanks.

Was looking for the same offer for a friend. The exchange offer is not only for HP models. You can check on their website if your model qualifies for an exchange.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saket77 (Post 3353682)

The exchange offer is not only for HP models. You can check on their website if your model qualifies for an exchange.

Actually this exchange offer is by WS Retail only, a seller on flipkart on few/old HP and Acer models.

Quote:

Does i3/i5 make much difference in normal day to day work( no gaming/designing etc) or should I give up the touchscreen?

For casual general use i3/i5 won't make any serious difference as such. i3 will do the job.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluevolt (Post 3354237)

For casual general use i3/i5 won't make any serious difference as such. i3 will do the job.

Thanks a lot bluevolt.

Btw, do you have any idea about the laptops available on ebay in which the seller advertises- New laptop but imported so won't come within a box?
They seem to offer very good deals. I guess should stay away from it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by midazolam (Post 3354526)
Thanks a lot bluevolt.

Btw, do you have any idea about the laptops available on ebay in which the seller advertises- New laptop but imported so won't come within a box?
They seem to offer very good deals. I guess should stay away from it.

I have got a imported laptop for eBay, it did come with the original box. It depends on sellers too. I got a good deal and the laptop works just fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by appu.bhandari (Post 3354582)

I have got a imported laptop for eBay, it did come with the original box. It depends on sellers too. I got a good deal and the laptop works just fine.

Thanks for the info mate.
Is the warranty still valid in India? I know some brands offer global warranty, any idea about Dell?

I am looking to buy a pair of speakers for my laptop. The best sounding compact speakers under 1.5 K is what I am seeking. Understand that a brand called iluv makes decent speakers - any idea?
Would appreciate some inputs.

I suggest you look into F&D. They make one of the best sounding sytems.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilful (Post 3357023)
I am looking to buy a pair of speakers for my laptop. The best sounding compact speakers under 1.5 K is what I am seeking. Understand that a brand called iluv makes decent speakers - any idea?
Would appreciate some inputs.

Anybody using the Lenovo Y510p ? I am up for an upgrade (running a 5 year old Lenovo currently) and seriously interested in the Y510p. Requirement is FHD screen (for some future proofness). Main requirements are watching movies, web browsing and some photoshop work on my photography. I do not care that much for SSD or processor specs or weight really.

Alternatives in consideration are Macbook Pro, Sony Viao 15E.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahmad.007 (Post 3357212)
I suggest you look into F&D. They make one of the best sounding sytems.

Thanks. Will chech it out.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by midazolam (Post 3354598)
Thanks for the info mate.
Is the warranty still valid in India? I know some brands offer global warranty, any idea about Dell?

Sorry for the late reply.

The case with dell is such that you can avail warranty of the laptop if and only if that product is available in india too.

I had got a laptop from ebay which was also available in india and hence i can avail the warranty from here if i can successfully transfer the ownership from that the country of origin to your current location.

You could also get additional warranty for the same by paying the extra amount.

Please note that i still haven't transferred my warranty due to some location issue, will update once i do so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by appu.bhandari (Post 3357876)

Sorry for the late reply.

The case with dell is such that you can avail warranty of the laptop if and only if that product is available in india too.

Thanks a lot for the information mate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by midazolam (Post 3358130)
Thanks a lot for the information mate.

I am sorry but i have a laptop purchased from switzerland , got my dvd drive replaced for free in germany and continued warranty under which the hinges of my laptop renewed in india.

Just call dell and have your warranty transferred to india .
They will do it via email as well.
They just add an alphabet after your service tag number.

Quote:

Hello everyone. I'm looking for a laptop(no ultrabooks) to replace my old one.
I'm confused between 2 Dell models- 14R i3 with touchscreen(cause of win8) or i5 without touchscreen. My budget is around 45k and only one of these features would fit it.

Does i3/i5 make much difference in normal day to day work( no gaming/designing etc) or should I give up the touchscreen?

And is there any old laptop exchange program right now? Flipkart has one but on selected HP models.

Thanks.

Hi midazolam,
For a small price difference, the non touch 14r gives you a haswell i5 cpu and an nvidia gt 740m 2gb graphics card. IMHO, the non touch version makes more sense than the i3 touch. A touchscreen is anyway a pain to use on a laptop, and the faster i5 and nvidia gpu is something you may actually use :D

But yea, for everyday tasks, an i3 or i5 makes almost no difference.

I need a laptop with a weirdest "search criteria" : 7200 rpm hard disk. Almost none of the online retailers provide this kind of search due to which its a pain to narrow on the results. Offline retailers have to make a few calls to find out what the heck this guy is saying!

Other requirements:
windows 8
i5 >=3rd gen
minimum 14" screen
hdmi out
at least 2 usb3 ports
It goes without saying that I am looking for chepeast option. Dell latitudes definitely provides 7200rpm HD drives and some series of Lenovo Thinkpads also come with it, but most of them are way over my budget of ~40k.
Any suggestions are welcome.