Team-BHP - The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/67390-laptop-thread-configs-deals-questions-207.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay (Post 2389264)
My Dell Laptop (Studio 1558) conked off ....Hope that process is good too.

Dell tech visited today. Dell has outsourced this part to some third party.

He had a replacement motherboard with him, and Laptop was working again after motherboard replacement.

Overall, quite impressed with service levels.

Acer laptop 4750G-2414G50 with following configuration is available in Malaysia for Rs. 32,500
Core i5 (2410M) at 2.3 GHz,
4GB DDR3 RAm, 500 GD HDD
1GB GeForece GT520M Graphic Card
DVD +/- R/RW
5 in 1 Card reader
WiFi, BT, Crystal Eye camera
14.1" WXGA LED backlit screen
Windows 7 Premium 64 bit
2.2 Kgs, 3 years travelers warranty
1 Year subscription to trend Micro internet security
and some other local freebies.
Fellow members what do you think? Is it a good buy?
How good and reliable is Acer?
Thanks in advance

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jidousha (Post 2390759)
Thanks in advance

Quite good config for the price + 3 years warranty.

If you live in a Metro, go for it. Acer's service is not that good in smaller cities.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jidousha (Post 2390759)
Acer laptop 4750G-2414G50 with following configuration is available in Malaysia for Rs. 32,500
Core i5 (2410M) at 2.3 GHz,
4GB DDR3 RAm, 500 GD HDD
1GB GeForece GT520M Graphic Card
DVD +/- R/RW
5 in 1 Card reader
WiFi, BT, Crystal Eye camera
14.1" WXGA LED backlit screen
Windows 7 Premium 64 bit
2.2 Kgs, 3 years travelers warranty
1 Year subscription to trend Micro internet security
and some other local freebies.
Thanks in advance

Also check the Gateway Brand - it's a subsidiary of Acer. Acer does all the service & support also for Gateway. Gateway is usually a couple of thousand cheaper than Acer for a similar configuration.

Friends,

I need to buy a new laptop. Following is the criteria, please provide advice and inputs;
1. Must be SMALL, ultraportable and light to carry. I currently use an HP 13 inch laptop, but i find that too quite cumbersome, big and heavy(esp with charger etc). Im looking for a netbook size that i can easily shove into any small bag.
2. Should have decent battery life.
3. Usage is for photo applications, some MS office applications and extensive use of internet on the go.
4. Will watch loads of movies n video.
5. Should have a decent speed processor.
6. Has to be well built to withstand rough use.
7. Approx 200gb hard drive.

I checked out the netbooks with the intel atom processors, but Im told that they are quite slow, especially when running multiple media & photo applications.
Current users please provide feedback.
Please suggest model numbers of suitable options if possible.
I plan to buy within the next 10 days.

Thanks,
Jay

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkr2k2 (Post 2385976)
....Can any one suggest me any laptop which meets my requirements:.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkr2k2 (Post 2389115)
Hmmm!! I thought about i5 because, when ever I had bought PC or laptop, I have bought a higher spec ones. But this time, I am limited to 40K budget as it is paid by the company.

Anyways, I dont mind i3 or Core 2 Duo(if required though). But it should be an Intel based PC. .....

Finally found a Laptop which comes very close to my requirements:
Vostro V130 Laptop Details | Dell India

But I am unable to understand what processor does it has and should I compare it with Intel Atom / Core 2 duo / dual core / i3 / i5??? Can any one help me on understanding the processor??

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves (Post 2393501)
Friends,

I need to buy a new laptop. Following is the criteria, please provide advice and inputs;
1. Must be SMALL, ultraportable and light to carry. I currently use an HP 13 inch laptop, but i find that too quite cumbersome, big and heavy(esp with charger etc). Im looking for a netbook size that i can easily shove into any small bag.
2. Should have decent battery life.
3. Usage is for photo applications, some MS office applications and extensive use of internet on the go.
4. Will watch loads of movies n video.
5. Should have a decent speed processor.
6. Has to be well built to withstand rough use.
7. Approx 200gb hard drive.

I checked out the netbooks with the intel atom processors, but Im told that they are quite slow, especially when running multiple media & photo applications.
Current users please provide feedback.
Please suggest model numbers of suitable options if possible.
I plan to buy within the next 10 days.

Thanks,
Jay

Jay,

I just bought a HP DM1 - this one: HP Pavilion DM1 Series dm1-3014AU Laptop Price India: Buy HP Pavilion DM1 Series Notebook India: Flipkart.com

Fits the need pretty well - My wife is very happy with the laptop.

I was looking to purchase a dell laptop directly from their site, the spec is an Inspiron R 14 Inch, i5 processor, 4 GB, 500 GB and 1GB Ati Radeon Graphics card. The price quoted was 42,500.
Does anyone here have any coupon codes for Dell or has any friend working with dell. I'v heard that the sales reps can get us good discounts if they really want to.
please:

Hi friends. i have been looking for a laptop. I think i made a mistake by deciding to buy one. How many models,how many varities. Oh my god such a huge amount of confusion. I am not a techie and do not know what is the worth ?

Please help me out about the following one. Is this worth buying.

Samsung RV 411 - Lifestyle series.
Intel Dual core
2.13GHz , 3GB Ram, 500GB HDD, 14.1"Screen, Wifi, Genuine Windows 7 basic 32bit.

Also i think it has a NVIDIA GeForce 315M graphics card (Detail traced from samsung website)

Price quoted is Rs.27,500/- from a well known shop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rki2007 (Post 2399433)
Hi friends. i have been looking for a laptop. I think i made a mistake by deciding to buy one. How many models,how many varities. Oh my god such a huge amount of confusion. I am not a techie and do not know what is the worth ?

Please help me out about the following one. Is this worth buying.

Samsung RV 411 - Lifestyle series.
Intel Dual core
2.13GHz , 3GB Ram, 500GB HDD, 14.1"Screen, Wifi, Genuine Windows 7 basic 32bit.

Also i think it has a NVIDIA GeForce 315M graphics card (Detail traced from samsung website)

Price quoted is Rs.27,500/- from a well known shop.

I have a Gateway Laptop bought a few months back for 28K.
It has Core i3-350M, 3 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics, 14" screen & Genuine Win7 Home Premium.

In terms of chips

Core i3> Core 2Duo > Dual Core, I think.
So I think you can do a little better for 27.5K.

I just got my Dell Studio 17'' - Dual Core 2.66 x 2, Win 7 HP, 3 GB, 320 GB, 512 MB ATI.

Its a fantastic machine and fast ! The diplay on the 17'' widescreen is awesome.

I am going to buy used HP Notebook. The specification are as follows

HP 530
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T5200 @1.60 GHz
2039 MB RAM
320 GB HDD
WiFi

Not the Duo, no inbuilt web cam, 9 month old, sparingly used, at least from outside it look like new for 12,000 INR.

My usage is only surfing the net and using MS Office.

hi friends finally bought the samsung R series rv 411 notebook. The config is intel dual core- 3gb-500gb-14" - windows 7 basic and all other stuffs like webcam,wifi bla bla.Also got some freebies like pendrive, mouse etc.

More details will follow on as usage progresses.

Thanks to all the updates. Really team bhpians helped me when i bought my cars. Now there are extending their helpful hand in other things.
One good thing that i got in my life is Team BHP Membership. Tons of benefits.

Thanks team bhpians and Team BHP Team...:thumbs up

Planning to buy a laptop either from Dell, HP or Acer. Need to know which of these offer best after sales service, I stay in Thane.

Also confused between Dell i3 processor or Acer i5 processor laptops. The difference between the cost is very minimal. Would be using the laptop for home internet purposes + wife will use it for some graphic works.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghodlur (Post 2421909)
Planning to buy a laptop either from Dell, HP or Acer. Need to know which of these offer best after sales service, I stay in Thane.

Also confused between Dell i3 processor or Acer i5 processor laptops. The difference between the cost is very minimal. Would be using the laptop for home internet purposes + wife will use it for some graphic works.

I would any day suggest a Dell. Their on site service makes it all worth it.

http://configure.ap.dell.com/dellsto...iron-15r-n5110 The new Inspiron 15R for Rs.41,800.00, seems like a good fit for your needs.