Team-BHP - The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/67390-laptop-thread-configs-deals-questions-147.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvldvr (Post 1690052)
Dont want to go for acer/lenovo. Of sony, Dell and HP, which one do you recommend? And what configuration? The usage will be just regular, and no specific requirements like gaming / graphics etc.

Sony> HP> Dell will be my order if chose while choosing a laptop.
Even have a look at Samsung laptops they are really good ones with excellent build quality.:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by tj123 (Post 1690363)
Sony> HP> Dell will be my order if chose while choosing a laptop.
Even have a look at Samsung laptops they are really good ones with excellent build quality.:thumbs up

i would swap HP with Dell. Dell is backed by excellent service support, which HP can just dream to match. And less said about HP's build quality the better.
in my order list, HP comes at bottom pack. after lenovo. I have seen really horrible conditions of HP laptops.
just my opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevelle (Post 1690379)
i would swap HP with Dell. Dell is backed by excellent service support, which HP can just dream to match. And less said about HP's build quality the better.
in my order list, HP comes at bottom pack. after lenovo. I have seen really horrible conditions of HP laptops.
just my opinion.

I agree, I am throwing away my HP, wish I had this info 2 years back.

toshiba and asus come at top of reliability ratings. after sales support wise dell should be best in india.

Bought an ACER 5738G two days back with following specs:

C2D T6600, win7 home pemium, 15.6" HD LCD, 4GB DDR3 memory, dedicated ATI graphic card, 320GB HDD,Finger print reader, crystal eye web cam, Dolby Home theater sound....

The multicard reader has a dummy card filling the slot, dealer told me that Acer does not supply the same & I should buy it from the market. Is this true?

Quote:

Originally Posted by breezydrive (Post 1690691)

C2D T6600, win7 home pemium, 15.6" HD LCD, 4GB DDR3 memory, dedicated ATI graphic card, 320GB HDD,Finger print reader, crystal eye web cam, Dolby Home theater sound....

The multicard reader has a dummy card filling the slot, dealer told me that Acer does not supply the same & I should buy it from the market. Is this true?

Whats the price for this model?

acer has recently launched 2 models with 3d functionality -you can watch movies,view pictures and play games in 3d
worth a look if anyone is planning on purchasing a new laptop

@nvldvr: Go with a Dell. HP build quality is horrible, and so is their service.
Sony doesn't have great service either. I have a friend who has been sending and receiving his Vaio, via courier, for the last four months for a broken motherboard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by breezydrive (Post 1690691)

Products how much did it cost?

Take the dumy card off and insert the card you want to work on!

I am getting my brother to buy a laptop for my sister from US. It will be used primarily for internet surfing and completing college assignments and other regular stuff. What brand and specs should I go for?

I ordered my Dell Studio 15 with the new i5 processor today. Should receive the same in 15 days. 3 GB DDR3 RAM, 320GB HD, 2.53GHZ with turbo boost up to 3.06 GHZ, 512 Graphic card, 15.6 screen for 51,800.
Offers- 15 month Mac afee, creative ear phones, facial recognition software.

Hello ! I have an offer for Acer Laptop 15" screen, intel i5, 4GB RAM, 1 GB ATI Radeon, 500GB HDD for Rs 44,0000.

Is this a good offer?

Thanks in advance !!

I have used three Acer Laptops. One's casing was broken twice with the most delicate use, and two of those batteries failed within an year of use. Service also is very bad, they once broke the power button and had fixed it with Fevi Quick without even informing me. Finally, i would never ever recommend an Acer Laptop to anyone, though they are serious VFM. Poorest quality plastics and batteries used and shoddy service to complete the picture!

I am doing some research about buying a replacement laptop.

I have seen some models on the European/USA markets that are not officially sold in India.
If I go to the shops on Lamington Rd, Mumbai, would I be able to source a non Indian market laptop? If not on Lamington Rd, any other alternatives in Mumbai?

Has anyone looked at HP Mini 5102 and 2102!! Looks good, but I guess HP is still not sure on how to price and let consumers customize it! However, looks to be a good package overall

http://www.newtechnology.co.in/hp-mini-5102-price/
http://h71016.www7.hp.com/dstore/Mid...9&BaseId=32222

Not sure, How it will be priced in India though! I guess the base price would be around 25K or so. It will be cool to have 3G and GPS as part of the communications on a netbook with multi-touch enabled screen..
I'm however looking at Acer Aspire one 532 H with N450 since that one looks to be one of the low cost netbooks around in India. Primary usage is going to be internet browsing and document keeping.

Hi Beejay,

Is it a direct purchase from Dell. If so it will not take 15days to reach you. If it is through dealer it might take that much time. It is a good trouble free piece. Price differs time to time. No fixed price for Dell.