Team-BHP - The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/67390-laptop-thread-configs-deals-questions-144.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajo (Post 1650710)
I got a today Vaio FW series of pretty much the same config, for around the same price (slightly less). :-)
I havent opened its box yet, I hope it doesnt turn out to be as bulky as it looks in the pictures...

i have been using FW since a month. Its cool. quite light for a 16.4 inch laptop. it weights 6 lbs. which is usually the weight of 15.4 inch laptop. i got the pretty much same config for around $200 less. Only difference being ATI g-card and 320 gb instead of 500gb. Rest all is good.

i used vostro 1500 and 1510 before which was quite bulky. found FW to be lot less bulkier. :)

I am looking for a laptop costing around 30k. What are my options and where can I pick-up one in Chandigarh?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abeer (Post 1653006)
I am looking for a laptop costing around 30k. What are my options and where can I pick-up one in Chandigarh?

Dell inspiron 15 with core 2 duo T6600, 4gigs ram, 320GB HDD, for 35k

Check this:Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop Details | Dell India

Hi,

I am picking up a DELL lap top and have a few queries.

1. What is the major difference between Inspiron and Studio models?
2. Why is there a more than 2000 rupees difference between quotes online and on calling 1800 425 2054 for the same model?
3. What is the discount offered if you buy through a Dell employee?
4. Which is the best method to purchase?
5. Where can I find the best prices?

I have shortlisted Studio 15 and and Inspiron 14. Studio 15 costs 42800, and Inspiron 14 costs 33,800. Inclusive of tax and delivery charges.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay_b (Post 1653451)
Dell inspiron 15 with core 2 duo T6600, 4gigs ram, 320GB HDD, for 35k

Check this:Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop Details | Dell India

35k is way to high. I am looking for something that costs 31k at the max or maybe less than that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beejay (Post 1653859)
Hi,

I am picking up a DELL lap top and have a few queries.

1. What is the major difference between Inspiron and Studio models?
2. Why is there a more than 2000 rupees difference between quotes online and on calling 1800 425 2054 for the same model?
3. What is the discount offered if you buy through a Dell employee?
4. Which is the best method to purchase?
5. Where can I find the best prices?

I have shortlisted Studio 15 and and Inspiron 14. Studio 15 costs 42800, and Inspiron 14 costs 33,800. Inclusive of tax and delivery charges.

1. The difference is in the bundled GFX card and sometimes RAM difference and also Studio is flashy.

2. Don't know the real reason but sometimes the Dell dealers are lot cheaper than buying online.

3. 10-15%(not sure though!)

4. Offline/Dell dealer in your area.

5. Same as above.

Thanks Mithun.

I have decided to buy through an employee who works for Dell. I am getting 5356 discounted this way. Is this fine?
Also is the Studio 15 a good model. Unable to find any reviews of the same. Guys please comment. I am picking it up tomorrow.

Hello,
I am in process of buying Dell Inspiron 1545 with following confi
C2D, 15.6" monitor, 3 gb DDR@ ram, 320 gb hard drive, integrated intel graphic media acc.

Now my wife shall be installing REVIT architecture s/w. My question, will the s/w work on the above mention system.:Frustrati, or do I need to increase my ram.

uday

Ah, I am not an expert. Yet since no one else has replied. Isn't it better to have a dedicated video card to work on architecture software's.

Whats your take on Studio 15? Is it worth the buy? How much is the Inspiron 1545?

Quote:

Originally Posted by beejay (Post 1657458)
Ah, I am not an expert. Yet since no one else has replied. Isn't it better to have a dedicated video card to work on architecture software's.

Whats your take on Studio 15? Is it worth the buy? How much is the Inspiron 1545?

Inspiron 1545 cost 35900 rs. Now what do you mean by dedicated video card. can integrated intel graphic media accelerator work?

I am no expert here, This is what the guy told me. Studio 15 has a dedicated video card that can handle all your high end image solutions especially 3D and things like that. The other models have an integrated card. Maybe the experts can comment.

Its been a while since I have posted my question too and still cant find any replies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beejay (Post 1657278)
Thanks Mithun.

I have decided to buy through an employee who works for Dell. I am getting 5356 discounted this way. Is this fine?
Also is the Studio 15 a good model. Unable to find any reviews of the same. Guys please comment. I am picking it up tomorrow.

Studio 15 is a nice model. Don't look back. Go ahead !

What's the final price you are getting ?

udaydesai : REVIT will work fine in Inspiron 1545.

Thanks Mithun. I am getting it at 39,290. Not much of a difference when I look at it now.

Maybe I should just bargain with the dealer. When purchasing through DELL i find that they give different quotes all the while. They said 37K in the morning and now its at 39K. Funny.

If I need to buy direct from Dell its 42,800. They give 8.52% discount for employees and waiver VAT of 1500.

Got an HCL ME series laptop with the following config @35K with a Nokia 3500C phone and a Reebok Tracksuit as free from sector 20, Chandigarh
T6600/500GB/4GB/15.4"

Hell. This is so frustrating now. See there are three ways I can purchase.

1. Dell dealer at Coimbatore.
Price: 42800.
Freebie on upgrading Mcafee by paying 990 I get a laser mouse, ear buds and a carry case.

2. Through Dell direct from factory
41,798 inclusive of all charges.
I spoke to one Tarun direct 080 25106650. I told him I might purchase through EPP, through an employee who works for Dell where I get 8.5% discount. Before that let me mention that EPP sales is handled by a different team in Gurgaon.
He immediately mentioned that this is not right and there will be lots of problems. In the case of repair the Dell employee will need to be present and sign the papers.

3. Through EPP I get the same for 39290.

In 1 and 2 I will not get any softwares except for Genuine OS.

Help me guys. Whats best? I need to pick it up next week.