Team-BHP - The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Laptop Thread: Configs, deals & questions (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/67390-laptop-thread-configs-deals-questions-100.html)

But will help when the user changes to the new N routers. Believe me, Sales of the Draft N in India have been phenomenal.

I got a 64-bit AMD 5 years ago and I am using 64-bit UBUNTU on it since 2 years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84 (Post 1156585)
But will help when the user changes to the new N routers. Believe me, Sales of the Draft N in India have been phenomenal.

I got a 64-bit AMD 5 years ago and I am using 64-bit UBUNTU on it since 2 years.

Could you elaborate a bit more about this?
In my SOny Vaio i am using - Integrated Wireless LAN IEEE 802.11a/802.11b/802.11g*10 ・Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection ・Data rate: maximum 11Mbps (802.11b)/54 Mbps (802.11a/g) *11 ・Frequency: 5 GHz (802.11a), 2.4 GHz (802.11b/g).

I think this is the same one as - Dell Wireless 1397 802.11b/g Half Mini Card. Any idea?

Also the screen am using in Vaio is - 13.3" Wide (WXGA: 1280 x 800) TFT colour display (Clear Bright LCD: Single Lamp, Standard View).
Now is this CCFL or Wled?

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84 (Post 1156380)
Blue-ray is an option but only on the high-end laptops (the xps) because its explicitly expensive in India and not everyone wants it. I wouldnt suggest it to you though as its too expensive.

Not so with HP! They are offering Blue-Ray Tech. at ~ 65-70k.
If Im not mistaken, the precise model is DV5 1016TX.

Also does Studi 14 has a HDMI port?

@Mods- Kindly delete this one.

Also does studio 14 has a HDMI port?

The dell studio does have an HDMI port.

For your queries on Draft N please refer to this Link. It extremely benificial in home networking speeds.

IEEE 802.11n - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhp1 (Post 1157676)
Not so with HP! They are offering Blue-Ray Tech. at ~ 65-70k.
If Im not mistaken, the precise model is DV5 1016TX.

Is that not already high-end?

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84 (Post 1158116)

Still lower to XPS & offers much more.

A customized Dell Studio sits pretty close!

one should not compare XPS and HP pavilion face to face. XPS is a premium brand. leathers, backlit keyboard, high-end graphics cards and many other features make them expensive. The most integral part is the dedicated xps service.

Studio 15 comes with an option for blu-ray starting approx 61K.

That's why I never called HP high end, XPS takers that crown!
But certain HP models had even XPS beat on Graphics card.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devarshi84 (Post 1158116)
The dell studio does have an HDMI port.

For your queries on Draft N please refer to this Link. It extremely benificial in home networking speeds.

IEEE 802.11n - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Will check out the link.
Thought so it should have a HDMI port as most laptops these days got one.
Anyone has idea how much the cable costs to get it connected to the LCD?

Devrashi!
thanks for the email. But i bought two from NP today at unbelievable price.

Thanks again man!

Congrats on the purchase. Ask me if you have any doubts or need some help with the company.

Harsh: I think the cable prices start from 1400 but they maybe cheaper in Delhi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 1158158)
Anyone has idea how much the cable costs to get it connected to the LCD?

There are different ranges within HDMI cables. The Chepeast chinese ones would be in the range of Rs.700-1000. The more expensive ones from Monster starts at Rs.5500. I tried many of these and honestly couldnt find any difference in quality. (Maybe because mine is a Heady Ready TV and not full HD. Maybe it makes a difference on Full HD.)

Nirmal

What would be the price for this Config:-

IBM ThinkPad T43 2668-CA2
Pentium M 750 1.86 GHz, 2GB RAM, 60GB HDD, 14.1in 1400x1050 LCD, 64MB ATI Radeon X300, 24x24x24x/8x CD-RW/DVD, Intel 802.11bg wireless(MPCI), Bluetooth/Modem(CDC), 1Gb Ethernet(LOM), UltraNav, Secure Chip, Fingerprint Reader, 6c Li-Ion, WinXP Pro.
It has used for around three years and battery last for an hour.thinking of buying it used.

I am not an expert but my take would be in the range of 10k to 12k..

Plus I would strictly advice against getting this config as it is almost prehistoric these days. Wont serve you much apart from browzing and watching movies