Voters: 317. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2022, 11:41   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which computer speakers do you use

Quote:
Originally Posted by GandalfTheGrey View Post
Another Z623 post!
er shouldn't the sub be on the floor? and for old z623s please check the power button. I've had to replace one under warranty and the replaced one I chucked after the power button gave up for that as well.

moved on to an external dac with edifier r2750db speakers and am a happy cat
Old 19th February 2022, 12:32   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
er shouldn't the sub be on the floor?
Oh yeah, the above setup is just a temporary one.

Quote:
and for old z623s please check the power button. I've had to replace one under warranty and the replaced one I chucked after the power button gave up for that as well.
Yes, the power buttons are notorious on the old Z623s, thankfully the one in mine seems fine as of now. But, we never know.

Quote:
moved on to an external dac with edifier r2750db speakers and am a happy cat
Those are lovely ones. I too wanted to invest in good bookshelf speakers and a DAC, but budget constraints. So saving up for a proper setup in a year or two.

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 22:47   #288
Senior - BHPian

I'm using JBL104BT Professional speakers as desk speakers connected to my ThinkPad X1. While the base is good enough, its far from being called as 'thumping'. These are reference or monitor speakers and come with a variety of input options including bluetooth. They produce balanced sound, prefect for the kind of music I listen to while working.

Have been using these for a year now and I'm highly satisfied with the performance.
Attached Thumbnails
Which computer speakers do you use-jbl104bt.jpeg  

Last edited by HammerHead : 16th May 2022 at 22:49.
HammerHead is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 23:00   #289
Senior - BHPian

If guys think the Z623 is great, you should listen to the Z2300. It's the predecessor of the 623, but the z623 is a downgrade - went from toroidal transformer to an SMPS, and from an 8 inch sub to a 6.5 inch. The bass on the Z2300 is another level.
I further 'downgraded' my Z2300 to its predecessor the Z2200 which has the same sub and bigger Satellite drivers which i got from a dead one

I recently got a dead Z906 for which I am waiting for parts to resurrect. Will update!
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 10:57   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
I'm using JBL104BT Professional speakers as desk speakers connected to my ThinkPad X1. While the base is good enough, its far from being called as 'thumping'. These are reference or monitor speakers and come with a variety of input options including bluetooth. They produce balanced sound, prefect for the kind of music I listen to while working.

Have been using these for a year now and I'm highly satisfied with the performance.
Had got this last year for 4750/- (Flipkart). Returned it as the Bluetooth connection was very erratic and did not like the sound at low volumes. Instead ended up buying the Sony WH-1000XM4.
Old 18th May 2022, 11:59   #291
BHPian

Creative Pebble Plus 2.1 is what I use! Got it from Amazon! Sound quality is just brilliant.
Old 18th May 2022, 15:12   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Had got this last year for 4750/- (Flipkart). Returned it as the Bluetooth connection was very erratic and did not like the sound at low volumes. Instead ended up buying the Sony WH-1000XM4.
No problems whatsoever with my set. I got those paired over bluetooth and sometimes I connect them via RCA cable. Have set the 'input selector' to 'ALL' and it automatically detects the input and starts playing.

Regarding sound quality at low volume, that's the primary reason I bought these. Excellent sound clarity at any volume level.

I had these connected to my Lenovo ThinkPad T430 via RCA and now connected with my Lenovo ThinkPad X1 via RCA. I noticed the difference in sound quality.

They sounded excellent when connected to the older Lenovo ThinkPad T430. Bass was adequate as these don't come with dedicated sub. With Lenovo ThinkPad X1, I noticed that the 'bass' is hardly audible at low volume while the sound is crisp and clear. Is it because of Dolby Atmos which is available in this new laptop? Situation is slightly better if I connect those over bluetooth. So input does matter.

Just for reference the track I tested these on and noticed the difference is 'Tum Bin Jiya' by Bally Sagoo.

I listen to, right from Indian Classical to Heavy Metal and anything in between. For those 'bass' heavy songs, Hip-Hop/Punjabi etc, I have a different set of speakers.

Last edited by HammerHead : 18th May 2022 at 15:20.
Old 30th May 2022, 19:25   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
If guys think the Z623 is great, you should listen to the Z2300. It's the predecessor of the 623, but the z623 is a downgrade - went from toroidal transformer to an SMPS, and from an 8 inch sub to a 6.5 inch. The bass on the Z2300 is another level.
I further 'downgraded' my Z2300 to its predecessor the Z2200 which has the same sub and bigger Satellite drivers which i got from a dead one

I recently got a dead Z906 for which I am waiting for parts to resurrect. Will update!
Needed a little more work than the power supply, but it's up and running. Closed it back up and it's working fine.
Which computer speakers do you use-pxl_20220529_075932992.jpg
greenhorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 19:44   #294
BHPian

Not sure if this fits here but oh well.

I use headphones most of the time (Sony WH-1000XM3's when on my computer and Sony XB-700 earbuds for travel/fitness) and as you can see I like Sony. So predictably my Speaker is also a Sony, a MHC-V77DW Party Speaker.

90% of the time I'm using headphones but the 10% of time I'm not you'll find me in my room rocking out with this beast which I got as a birthday gift from my father a few years ago.

And being a "Party Speaker" it does indeed light up , from personal experience I can say that this thing alone can light up a decent sized living room all on its own, spend a few thousand and get 2 of those colour changing party lights from Amazon and you can have your own rave party with this beast , the bass from this thing can make pencils on my desk shake which is about 7 feet away.
Attached Thumbnails
Which computer speakers do you use-img_20220530_192906.jpg  

Which computer speakers do you use-img_20220530_193035.jpg  

GreasyCarb55 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 05:22   #295
Senior - BHPian

This does not qualify as a computer speaker.

For those considering a small, portable bluetooth speaker, we've had this MI for about 10 days now. Pleased with the sound coming out of it. Using it for close range listening so have not really cranked up the volume to see how far loud it can go. There are two bass level settings. Using the lower one cause the higher setting muddles the sound. The speaker also has the ability to pair with another MI of the same model to give you stereo sound. A few other bluetooth speakers do this too. We paid Rs. 2,300. I notice MI have jacked up the price by another Rs. 200. The sound is as good if not better than the equivalent JBL Flip series. Speaker configuration is two main drivers and a passive radiator. They integrate well.
Old 31st July 2022, 19:21   #296
Senior - BHPian

Small help

I use a topping e30 sending audio to Edifier R2750DB speakers.

Have a chance to pick up a couple of add-ons from the US of A.

Looking at these two:
https://www.schiit.com/products/loki-mini-3
https://www.schiit.com/products/magni-1

Now i am a total amateur when it comes to these things and wanted to know which cables i need to connect the dac-eq-headphone amp.

Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 20:51   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Small help

I use a topping e30 sending audio to Edifier R2750DB speakers.

Have a chance to pick up a couple of add-ons from the US of A.

Looking at these two:
https://www.schiit.com/products/loki-mini-3
https://www.schiit.com/products/magni-1

Now i am a total amateur when it comes to these things and wanted to know which cables i need to connect the dac-eq-headphone amp.

Thanks
Don't get the loki, it is just a eq.

You need RCA cables going from e30 to the magni but you wont be able to use your active speakers then.
Old 31st July 2022, 20:53   #298
BHPian

Which computer speakers do you use-20220617_032849.jpg

Here is my Setup:

Kef Q150
O&B power amp
Nad 165bee pre amp
Smsl Su9 DAC
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 10:23   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
Don't get the loki, it is just a eq.

You need RCA cables going from e30 to the magni but you wont be able to use your active speakers then.
Hi, the eq is why i want the Loki. Got a bunch of hi-res files and something about having an analog eq at your fingertips tugs at my nostalgic heart

And this is what they say about the magni:
"Create a Total Desktop System
All Magnis include preamp outputs. This means you can connect any Magni to your desktop powered monitors for a complete system—or even connect it to a speaker power amp and use it as a preamp. With its built-in time-delayed start-up and instant shut-down, there’ll be no glitches or pops through either headphones or speakers, either. "

Why do you say that I would not be able to use the speakers?
Old 1st August 2022, 12:10   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, the eq is why i want the Loki. Got a bunch of hi-res files and something about having an analog eq at your fingertips tugs at my nostalgic heart

And this is what they say about the magni:
"Create a Total Desktop System
All Magnis include preamp outputs. This means you can connect any Magni to your desktop powered monitors for a complete system—or even connect it to a speaker power amp and use it as a preamp. With its built-in time-delayed start-up and instant shut-down, there’ll be no glitches or pops through either headphones or speakers, either. "

Why do you say that I would not be able to use the speakers?
You can use the speakers but it will go through 2 pre amps, the magni and inbuilt ones of speakers. Controlling volume can get tricky

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks