Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2024, 21:51   #12346
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
I thought you had purchased a Moto G84 which had a charging rating of 30W, and came with a 33W charger! Did you since purchase another Moto as well, with a 68W charger?
Thank you, you are correct. Yes, and yes. I just looked at my in-the-box charger, and it has a big "33" on it.

I did purchase another charger for use in another place. This has greater capabilities although I don't need them at this time.

68? I might have just got confused and made that up. Unjustified promotion of my phone by more than double!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 08:11   #12347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Congratulations on your new pixel 7 at a good price!

If/when I get this, I'll miss the 68W charging of my moto. Half an hour on turbo cha and it is good enough for the rest of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Thank you, you are correct. Yes, and yes. I just looked at my in-the-box charger, and it has a big "33" on it.

I did purchase another charger for use in another place. This has greater capabilities although I don't need them at this time.

68? I might have just got confused and made that up. Unjustified promotion of my phone by more than double!
Haha.... The actual number may be different, but your impression of how fast it charges should be good. And in that case, the Pixel 7 may not disappoint you either, if Google's claim of "50% charging in 30 minutes" can be relied upon! The 20W charger rating may not allow you to claim it to be turbo charging, however! :-)
meerkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 09:00   #12348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
And in that case, the Pixel 7 may not disappoint you either, if Google's claim of "50% charging in 30 minutes" can be relied upon!.
Charging speeds are average on Pixel devices. My Pixel 7 takes almost 1 hr 20 min for 30-100 charge with a 25w Samsung charger. 30-80 time is much better, around 45 min.

Initial charge is fast, till 50%, but progress after that is really slow. I usually keep the battery between 30-80% so can't comment on the 0-100 time.

Last edited by self_driven : 9th August 2024 at 09:02.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2024, 15:49   #12349
Distinguished - BHPian

I have already proved that my memory for the specs is rubbish

But my Moto I think is supposed to charge to 50% in half an hour and full in two hours. As it will give me two days on a full charge, that initial half hour is plenty for me if I face a charge and go out situation.

I don't think the pixel 7a will approach this. But I'm sure it will do. It is nice to have lots of battery capacity, but in all practical terms, I can always charge overnight, so 24 hours suffices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven
Initial charge is fast, till 50%, but progress after that is really slow
I think that the fast initial charge followed by slow completion is because of battery chemistry?
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks