Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2024, 11:26   #12286
BHPian

Re: Pixel 6a v Samsung S23

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsa007 View Post
I hope you'll open up to a few more options
I have experienced other brands and they are good. My secondary is an Asus ROG. I use it for gaming. It is a 2020 model and continues to beat the hell out of most current phones. OnePlus 10T for my kid to watch videos. I received all of these via the dog food route, so no expense to me except for the phone case

The reason to look at Samsung is primarily for their ecosystem. Pixel watch does not support LTE in India, while Samsung does.
Old 3rd May 2024, 11:29   #12287
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Pixel 6A has been my primary for a couple of years and was gifted to me. I am not sentimental about it, happy to let go for a better one. Flipkart's S23 offer is quite tempting and are offering an INR 14k exchange as well for the 6A. The specs of both are quite similar. The net cost to acquire the S23 after all discounts is INR 32k.
Total no-brainer – go with the S23. The 6A by itself a great device, but no way close to the S23 when it comes to overall feel, speed, camera options etc.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 11:56   #12288
BHPian

Quote:
I have experienced other brands and they are good. My secondary is an Asus ROG. I use it for gaming. It is a 2020 model and continues to beat the hell out of most current phones. OnePlus 10T for my kid to watch videos. I received all of these via the dog food route, so no expense to me except for the phone case

The reason to look at Samsung is primarily for their ecosystem. Pixel watch does not support LTE in India, while Samsung does.
In that case go with the S23, I agree their ecosystem is good lately.
montsa007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 12:18   #12289
BHPian

Quote:
The specs of both are quite similar. The net cost to acquire the S23 after all discounts is INR 32k.
Battery is a big downside in S23. Please check that before taking the plunge.

Last edited by NG_EV : 3rd May 2024 at 12:32.
NG_EV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2024, 12:52   #12290
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG_EV View Post
Battery is a big downside in S23. Please check that before taking the plunge.
Not sure if you mixed up with the S22 (which was awful). The S23 battery easily goes for a full day without any problem.
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2024, 00:52   #12291

Re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Greetings BHPians,
I am in the market for a new phone as I am looking to replace my 7-year-old Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime (which was a hand-me-down from my father). My most common use cases are the following :
1. Browsing
2. Messaging
3. Calling
4. Spotify
5. Youtube shorts
6. Maybe occasional gaming

I recently turned 18 and will be moving to college in a few months, so I need a replacement for my old phone.

Budget : 15,000 to 20,000

I have already shortlisted a phone, the Samsung Galaxy F34, which is coming to about 14k on Flipkart including the charger.

Seeking suggestions for better options, preferably Samsung since I hate the clunky UI of the Chinese manufacturers (Xiaomi, Vivo, Oneplus etc.). Also, I plan on using the phone for at least 4 to 5 years, so I am expecting a phone that offers at least 3 to 4 generations of Android updates.

Please excuse me if this isn't the right thread.

Regards,
EnthDriver
EnthDriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2024, 08:42   #12292

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnthDriver View Post
Seeking suggestions for better options, preferably Samsung since I hate the clunky UI of the Chinese manufacturers (Xiaomi, Vivo, Oneplus etc.). Also, I plan on using the phone for at least 4 to 5 years, so I am expecting a phone that offers at least 3 to 4 generations of Android updates.
Even I'm in a similar boat Enthdriver, but for your case, I would suggest you check the Moto Edge 40 Neo this excels in everything for your need but there are two concerns with this phone 1) there is no display protection 2) only 2yrs of android updates(AFAIR)

If you are ok with these two things, this would be a great buy for you

Else the Samsung M34 also will be great as you are already considering getting a Samsung and this will fulfil your requirement of 4yrs software update
Old 9th May 2024, 05:47   #12293
BHPian

Urgent help needed.

From last one week, my 4 year old Realme X started installing some game apps automatically. Initially, I thought I might have clicked something accidently and just uninstalled, but this is still continuing.
I googled and changed the play store setting of auto download preference to "ask me everytime" , but it continues to happen.

Any idea what can be the reason and how to fix it

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-screenshot_2024050818494566_92b64b2a7aa6eb3771ed6e18d0029815.jpg
Old 9th May 2024, 07:29   #12294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
Urgent help needed.

From last one week, my 4 year old Realme X started installing some game apps automatically. Initially, I thought I might have clicked something accidently and just uninstalled, but this is still continuing.
I googled and changed the play store setting of auto download preference to "ask me everytime" , but it continues to happen.

Any idea what can be the reason and how to fix it
I found a pre-installed app by realme called game center. These apps are listed there under my games. I think it's the game center gone rogue. I have changed the 'auto update games' setting to ' Do not auto update'

I hope this should resolve the issue

I was very worried and on the verge of uninstalling all banking apps as a precaution. Will see over the next few days
Everlearner is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2024, 18:40   #12295
BHPian

The saga continues. I still see random games installing automatically.

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-screenshot_2024051018365803_92b64b2a7aa6eb3771ed6e18d0029815.jpg

Anybody else facing this issue or aware of solutions. I'm at my wits end.
Everlearner is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2024, 19:10   #12296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlearner View Post
I found a pre-installed app by realme called game center. These apps are listed there under my games. I think it's the game center gone rogue. I have changed the 'auto update games' setting to ' Do not auto update'
Try to uninstall this Game Center app using ADB (Android Debug Bridge) which requires USB cable and ADB tool on the windows. You need to run some commands to uninstall this app. This method is very complicated and cumbersome but this is the only way.

OT: I did the same uninstall method for the Software Update app on my Realme 3 Pro few years ago when it was still in Android 9. I had taken the backup of this app (APK file), but could not install it later. Finally updated to Android 10 using the boot menu option.
bobbyblr is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 12:22   #12297
BHPian

I've asked a friend of mine to get me the S24 Ultra from Dubai considering the very attractive prices (relative to India ��) and also the long software support. I like keeping my phones long. My current OnePlus 7t is no longer getting updates and hence can no longer receive official emails.

For Samsung mobiles purchased outside, do we need to get these devices activated on a local sim card before we can pop in an Indian sim locally?
Old 28th May 2024, 13:25   #12298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldice4u View Post
I've asked a friend of mine to get me the S24 Ultra from Dubai considering the very attractive prices (relative to India ��) and also the long software support. I like keeping my phones long. My current OnePlus 7t is no longer getting updates and hence can no longer receive official emails.

For Samsung mobiles purchased outside, do we need to get these devices activated on a local sim card before we can pop in an Indian sim locally?
I have also upgraded from the Oneplus 7T to S24 ultra, it is a great phone!!

Samsung devices in india do have region lock. I faintly remember on unboxing that both my tab S9+ and s24 ultra had to be activated in India. Get it activated in Dubai to avoid unnecessary hassle.
Candy$Cars is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 14:37   #12299
BHPian

I'm contemplating buying a S23FE, mainly for its Cameras and flagship experience. But one area of concern is the battery backup. I'm not a mobile gamer, and I don't usually watch any movies on it as well. But I am a power user while I use it (Multitasking, lots of customization - launcher, routines, gestures and widgets), and I require atleast a day's long battery backup (ideally, with about 30% life left). While these doesn't necessarily call for a much powerful processor, I'm concerned about the battery. I use my phones very long (expecting atleast 5yrs from the next one).

Will a S23 FE live up to my expectations?
Mr.Bentley is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2024, 20:02   #12300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bentley View Post
I use my phones very long (expecting atleast 5yrs from the next one).
If you are planning to use the phone that long, get the latest and greatest. The S24 has updates guaranteed till 2031 whereas S23FE will stop at 2028. Also personal, but I much love smaller size of S24 v/s S23FE. The battery life on S24 is great too for my usage and I can actually squeeze 1.5 day out of it.
amol4184 is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks