Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2024, 13:31   #12226
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
Apple Music comes free with iCloud? Which plan? I have the 200GB plan and when I start Apple Music it asks me to pay up.

BTW, another reason why I still use Google apps is that my secondary phone is an Android so it is easy switching between devices.
I use the Apple one Family plan.
Individual apple one is same but gives 50gb iCloud space only which I was using previously.
As I share it with wife now so use the family plan which gives 200gb space + apple tv plus + apple music.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-img_1137.png  

harry10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th February 2024, 15:25   #12227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuldagap View Post
Does this help?
I had seen it, and no, it didn't.

But I really appreciate you taking the trouble to find and post it. Big Thank You!
Quote:
Which brand is your hearing aid?
Yeah... Starkey. Gemini. It is the latest offering from them after the Livio Edge mentioned on that page.

It is a bit annoying. I don't know the actual technology, but I do know that Bluetooth stuff is ubiquitous and that every man, woman, child, cat, dog, uses it to connect up stuff effortlessly every minute of every day. So I have to wonder How hard could it be to implement?

Old 27th February 2024, 15:37   #12228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I had seen it, and no, it didn't.

But I really appreciate you taking the trouble to find and post it. Big Thank You!

Yeah... Starkey. Gemini. It is the latest offering from them after the Livio Edge mentioned on that page.

It is a bit annoying. I don't know the actual technology, but I do know that Bluetooth stuff is ubiquitous and that every man, woman, child, cat, dog, uses it to connect up stuff effortlessly every minute of every day. So I have to wonder How hard could it be to implement?

Starkey have an android app Thrive. Try through it. It might just work out. I have never faced connectivity issues with Motos.

If that also doesn't work out then using customer support via Device Help app of your Moto will let you get in touch with Customer Support easily via chat/whatsapp etc. It will put an end to the issue.
Old 29th February 2024, 09:38   #12229
Senior - BHPian

Do we have any feature-phones that provide data sharing via Wi-Fi hotspot Or is this technically possible only in Android/iOS?
Old 29th February 2024, 10:21   #12230
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Do we have any feature-phones that provide data sharing via Wi-Fi hotspot Or is this technically possible only in Android/iOS?
I think JioPhone feature phone has it. If not Wi-Fi, atleast wired tethering might be available.

Another option for accessing internet without using smartphone is Wi-Fi dongle like this:
https://www.airtel.in/blog/broadband...-plan-details/
Old 29th February 2024, 10:37   #12231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post

This is one Nokia feature phone with hotspot.
Nokia 8000 4G

There are many others too.
Fuldagap is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2024, 23:41   #12232
BHPian

An interesting update on EU regulations, monopoly and free market economy.
Source: Apple hit with $2 billion EU antitrust fine in Spotify case

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-1.jpg
Fuldagap is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2024, 05:37   #12233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuldagap View Post
An interesting update on EU regulations, monopoly and free market economy.
Source: Apple hit with $2 billion EU antitrust fine in Spotify case
Sometimes I really wonder about this anti-trust business that Europe seems to be so keen to thrust upon tech companies. If Android phones work better with Spotify, why dont people buy those? Same case applies to the App store side loading. Apple's walled garden is there for a reason. You cannot say, please let squirrels pass through a tiny hole because they are harmless squirrels. If they are so keen to promote free market, why did people not buy more Nokia or Ericsson phones which were market leaders at a point of time.
Do they ever inflict Airbus with anti-trust penalties ?

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 5th March 2024 at 05:40.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2024, 09:35   #12234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Sometimes I really wonder about this anti-trust business that Europe seems to be so keen to thrust upon tech companies. If Android phones work better with Spotify, why dont people buy those? Same case applies to the App store side loading. Apple's walled garden is there for a reason. You cannot say, please let squirrels pass through a tiny hole because they are harmless squirrels. If they are so keen to promote free market, why did people not buy more Nokia or Ericsson phones which were market leaders at a point of time.
Do they ever inflict Airbus with anti-trust penalties ?
I don't understand what your argument has to do with the EU judgement but it is the highest ever fine on Apple yet.

Apple withheld key information about Spotify pricing within IOS forcing users to pay more without knowledge for years and also putting Spotify at a disadvantage compared to its own web version's pricing and also Apple music. There is no Android or Nokia or Ericsson mentioned in the case which are different platforms chosen by people for their use.

Apple has announced that they would appeal against the verdict. It's going to be interesting.

EU has disallowed Apple using anti-steering provisions on music streaming apps on IOS. I wonder if Google Play Store also restricts music streaming apps and the likes with such provisions.

The majority of the USD 2 Billion fine comprises loss of money by the end users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Apple's walled garden is there for a reason.
People are free to choose between a walled garden or an open garden, aren't they? Whether a person considers Apple's closed environment a secure platform or a marketing gimmick is upto him.

I don't personally use an Apple device but whenever have to use IOS, say of a friend's, it feels at home when used with Google's apps like the Chrome etc. On a stock android device it is like using Linux on PC, do whatever you want.

The current imposition of fine is however not about IOS vs Android but about IOS restricting Spotify and the likes reveal cheaper options availble to their own customers within IOS. Which looks like unfair.

Last edited by Fuldagap : 5th March 2024 at 10:02.
Fuldagap is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 5th March 2024, 15:05   #12235
BHPian

Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro production to start in India in 2024. This should be good news for those of us who are not sure about service support of Pixel phones in India.

Link to news
catchjyoti is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 11:35   #12236
Senior - BHPian

Waiting to pick up the Nothing Phone (2a) for my wife tomorrow. I use the Nothing Phone 2 and this looks like a good buy at the price with offers and what not.
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 14:55   #12237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Waiting to pick up the Nothing Phone (2a) for my wife tomorrow. I use the Nothing Phone 2 and this looks like a good buy at the price with offers and what not.
Nord CE 4 stated to be launched on April 1st (Idk if this is Amazon's April fools' prank, LOL).

CE 3 is a good phone for the price, and I think it's iteration should definitely do better ; primarily the processor is impressive - SD 7 gen 3.

So much action happening in the mid-range space !

I think the Nothing (2a) just killed it for the competitors and left them scratching !
ashvek3141 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 15:09   #12238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
I would appreciate it if you could post your experience with the Nothing phone. I have been on the fence for quite a while.
Cheers
Old 11th March 2024, 16:12   #12239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeevsulu View Post
I would appreciate it if you could post your experience with the Nothing phone. I have been on the fence for quite a while.
Cheers
I like the phone. The glyphs are gimmicky no doubt, but that back really stands out. Camera is ok, nothing extraordinary though it does have a macro mode.

No needless bloatware and the monochrome theme with nothing widgets are pretty cool.

No clue about gaming.

All in all, pretty happy with it In fact i got the cmf nothing watch as well
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2024, 06:04   #12240
BHPian

Although the Nothing Phone (2a) seems to be a good phone, i doubt that it is a smart move by Nothing. I see Nothing going the Oneplus way faster than how Oneplus did. Oneplus carefully built a cult following among entusiasts over they years only to spoil all the reputation by launching a slew of devices under the Nord monicker.

Nothing should have resisted the temptation of reaching out to the masses by launching a cheap plastic phone with those quirky eyes on the back. If they really wanted to reach out to the masses they could have plonked the Mediatek proc on the regular Pnone (2) and reduced the price a bit. The more they launch ultra-cheap phones, they will end up as Redmi/Poco/Realme wannabes.
dragonfire is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks