Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2023, 21:40   #11986
BHPian

Re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Does the S22 Ultra support two physical and one eSim at the same time?

I have two Airtel numbers and want to get an additional Jio for use in places with low Airtel presence.
I am using the same phone. Though you can insert 2 physical sims & the esim together, at any given time you can use a maximum of 2 numbers only. So you end up having to choose between Sim2 and the esim.
You cannot use all 3 together.
deep_blue is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 18:54   #11987
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_blue View Post
I am using the same phone. Though you can insert 2 physical sims & the esim together, at any given time you can use a maximum of 2 numbers only. So you end up having to choose between Sim2 and the esim.
You cannot use all 3 together.
Thanks a lot.

Since my need is to just have a backup network in case Airtel is down, this will solve that issue.

I don't need to carry a different phone with me and will only activate the esim as and when needed.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 18:58   #11988
BHPian

Which would be a better phone around 30k? Nothing 2 or Pixel 7a? Camera is the top priority, followed by mobile video editing. It’s for an instagram influencer in our family.

Edit: The phone will be picked up around Big Billion sale. So the 30K estimation is keeping the exchange and discount in mind. But do suggest if there is any other phone that may fit the bill.

Last edited by creative420 : 25th August 2023 at 19:10. Reason: Additional info
Old 25th August 2023, 19:00   #11989
BANNED

My OnePlus 7 Pro is into its 5th year. Started to have some speaker issues, was planning to keep it for another year. Looks like it will be difficult. I'm looking for a very OS experience, and should last 4 years at least. I have kept the budget at the max ₹60,000 (some weird logic that it shouldn't cross this many days income).

Anyone here using OnePlus 11R, Moto Edge 40? How's the OnePlus software experience now? Motorola is offering only 2 updates, while OnePlus offers 3. Or is there any other phone worth looking at. I'm spoilt by OnePlus fast charging. There's an offer for S23 for ₹65,000, but the issue is it's 6.1 inch only and charging speed is less. How's the Samsung software experience? Thanks in advance.
Old 26th August 2023, 11:09   #11990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Which would be a better phone around 30k? Nothing 2 or Pixel 7a? Camera is the top priority, followed by mobile video editing. It’s for an instagram influencer in our family.
For an overall camera experience, almost all the reviews would say the Pixel over the Nothing.

I got the Nothing 2 this week and damn is it a looker

Can't really complain about the camera but hey, I am no influencer
deathwalkr is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 13:18   #11991
BHPian

Quote:

Edit: The phone will be picked up around Big Billion sale. So the 30K estimation is keeping the exchange and discount in mind. But do suggest if there is any other phone that may fit the bill.
If camera is a priority, Pixel with closed eyes period.
montsa007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 14:44   #11992
BHPian

Quote:

Pixel for some reason is messing up human skin tones these days but takes great pics of nature and other objects. I am talking about Pixel 7 here.
We recently went on a trip where a friend had a pixel 7 but pictures of human subjects taken by it weren’t upto the mark on the other hand pictures taken of mountains, rivers etc were brilliant.

Nothing (2) phone’s UI and its OS is very intuitive. However there are bugs but they fix it asap so if you go for Nothing be mindful of that.
BleueNinja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 11:58   #11993

I find myself in a similar situation. I was contemplating purchasing the OnePlus 11 for my wife. With the exchange bonus, I can get the 16 GB 256 model for 50k. However, I'm not entirely persuaded by the OnePlus 11. On the other hand, I have the option of purchasing the S23 for 59k, taking into account the HDFC cashback and additional discount from Croma. After careful consideration, I've ultimately decided to buy the S23 during the Big Billion Day sale, where the price is expected to range from 50k to 55k. The camera quality of the S23 appears to be more appealing to me than that of the OnePlus 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
My OnePlus 7 Pro is into its 5th year. Started to have some speaker issues, was planning to keep it for another year. Looks like it will be difficult. I'm looking for a very OS experience, and should last 4 years at least. I have kept the budget at the max ₹60,000 (some weird logic that it shouldn't cross this many days income).

Anyone here using OnePlus 11R, Moto Edge 40? How's the OnePlus software experience now? Motorola is offering only 2 updates, while OnePlus offers 3. Or is there any other phone worth looking at. I'm spoilt by OnePlus fast charging. There's an offer for S23 for ₹65,000, but the issue is it's 6.1 inch only and charging speed is less. How's the Samsung software experience? Thanks in advance.
drdaga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 15:31   #11994
BHPian

Quote:

Anyone here using OnePlus 11R, Moto Edge 40? How's the OnePlus software experience now?

How's the Samsung software experience? Thanks in advance.
Have been using the OP 11 for the last 3 months and had the S7 for a long time and then S21 FE which I gave to my dad coz he needed the ASHA feature to connect to his hearing aids.

For about 9 months used the Realme X7 Max before it fell out my shirt pocket on sudden braking of my Activa and was bend like Lord Krishna's bow

Frankly, this is my rating on the UI experience

1. Any day Samsung
2. Still prefer the Realme UI
3. OP 11 - similar to Realme but somehow Realme is little more polished and no freeze issue like the Oxygen OS alias Color OS

A lot of this is subjective but somehow the frequent freeze on the pseudo Oxygen OS, proxmity sensor not working just makes you wonder if 60K was worth just for the hardware or what

Cheers
pareshraheja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2023, 18:25   #11995
BHPian

Interesting news article about android vs i phone. It is just like saying America is the world and I phone is the only phone known to America and most of them don’t know the existence of android phones.

https://www.xda-developers.com/iphon...d-enthusiasts/
Mystic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2023, 17:23   #11996
BHPian

Quote:

Sharing feedback from a couple of influencers (Instagram) whom I know. Some of them were on Android phones (Pixel in one case) but eventually switched to iPhone for Instagram reels specifically.

The issue as I understand was that in case of android, the final video put up on Instagram had issues with how it rendered and displayed, which is not the case on an iPhone. Likewise when putting up a carousel of photos on Insta, some of the viewers were not able to see all photos posted. Both of these issues were not faced on iPhone.

Please ask your family member to check on these two aspects and take a decision.

Quote:
My OnePlus 7 Pro is into its 5th year.

There's an offer for S23 for ₹65,000, but the issue is it's 6.1 inch only and charging speed is less. How's the Samsung software experience? Thanks in advance.
Please check for offers on Samsung corporate web site also. Checked just now and 128 GB / 8 GB variant of S23 is going for 68819. Has a flat discount of 5,000 on HDFC credit card and 8,000 /- as exchange bonus (along with the exchange value of your old device). If one were to take 5K as exchange value of old device (random value for ease of calculation), base model would work to be for 50,819 /-.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-s23offers.png  

Last edited by sukhoi : 1st September 2023 at 17:37. Reason: Added another response
sukhoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 22:29   #11997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
Interesting news article about android vs i phone. It is just like saying America is the world and I phone is the only phone known to America and most of them don’t know the existence of android phones.

https://www.xda-developers.com/iphon...d-enthusiasts/
The article reads like an amateur's rant. But it is true that America don't give two hoots about Android. If you hold an Android phone in your hands, you're betraying your "poor" status to people around you. I have seen a lot of people still using age old iPhone handsets, but rarely an Android. I think the day Apple launches a large screen iPhone SE, Android can completely bid goodbye to America.

But Android is still strong in the third world although the iPhones are finding favour with the well-to-do. But at least in countries like India where we still love our flagship killers, Android will continue to rule.
dragonfire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 10:26   #11998
BHPian

Asus ROG 7 vs iPhone 15 Plus / 14 Plus

Asus ROG 7 : Rs. 75,000/-
iPhone 14 Plus: Rs. 65,000/- (or lesser during FK BBD)
iPhone 15 Plus: Rs. 84,000/-

Currently an Android user who plays COD mobile however on the samsung S8+ tab. Looking for an upgrade with a max budget of Rs. 85,000.
  • Light gamer who plays 5 to 10 games of COD everyday
  • Camera is almost obsolete for me as I dont click much
  • Never used an iPhone earlier however I feel the USP is the camera (which I dont use much) & the status symbol
  • Never used a gaming centric phone earlier however I am excited to experience the air triggers, various customizations and the uniqueness of owning a ROG phone
  • Looking to own the phone atleast for 4 years as this is the first time I am going to spend a lot on a mobile phone (earlier phones have always been lesser than Rs.25,000)
  • Movies, Stock Market and usual surfing will be done on the S8+ Tab

The inclination towards ROG 7 is the gaming experience as I dont use mobile phones for anything else apart from the usual - calls, chats, emails and general reading/ surfing.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 14th September 2023 at 10:28.
Old 14th September 2023, 11:12   #11999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Asus ROG 7 vs iPhone 15 Plus / 14 Plus

Asus ROG 7 : Rs. 75,000/-
iPhone 14 Plus: Rs. 65,000/- (or lesser during FK BBD)
iPhone 15 Plus: Rs. 84,000/-
[*]Light gamer who plays 5 to 10 games of COD everyday
...[*]Never used a gaming centric phone earlier however I am excited to experience the air triggers, various customizations and the uniqueness of owning a ROG phone

...gaming experience as I dont use mobile phones for anything else apart from the usual - calls, chats, emails and general reading/ surfing.
iPhone 15 plus:
Pros:
- It'll last longer than Asus
- 6 years of software support
- COD Mobile is available on iOS (COD: Warzone is also expected to come to iOS)
- Apps are generally developed better and earlier for iOS than Android
- Tactile feedback and vibration motor is much superior in iPhone
- Fabulous camera

No idea about status symbol.

Cons:
-Is an allrounder phone. Not a dedicated gaming phone per se
-Asus has all the bells and whistles for a gaming phone
-Higher refresh rate
-dedicated cooling, faster charging etc etc etc
ValarMorghulis is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 11:27   #12000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
But Android is still strong in the third world although the iPhones are finding favour with the well-to-do. But at least in countries like India where we still love our flagship killers, Android will continue to rule.
Missing perspective is Iphone is 58 % and Android is 42 % in US. The main driver is the cost of Iphone is significantly cheaper than elsewhere and much closer or sometimes lesser than the android counterparts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks