Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2021, 15:55   #11611
BHPian

Re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi3284 View Post
Just got an unplanned upgrade from OP3T to 8T today, courtesy a surprise B'day Gift from Wifey. Was more of a shock for me honestly. OP3T was chugging along nicely and had just completed 4 Yrs. today. Have not done any research on OP8T, as this was totally out of the blue. Can some One Plus 8T Owners shed some light on the Phone's performance and known Issues, if any?
I also have a OP3T and planning to upgrade to OP8T but lots of conficting reviews on Amazon and online.
Some are mentioning heating issues, battery life and camera performance but for some its decent.

Please let me know your feedback and comparison with OP3T. It would help me immensely.

Thanks,
Ajit
Old 8th February 2021, 16:20   #11612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitsingh208 View Post
I also have a OP3T and planning to upgrade to OP8T but lots of conficting reviews on Amazon and online.
Some are mentioning heating issues, battery life and camera performance but for some its decent.

Please let me know your feedback and comparison with OP3T. It would help me immensely.

Thanks,
Ajit
Hi Ajit,

Am still exploring my new OP8T. I got the 12 / 256 GB version. Initial impressions are good so far and it is a pretty good upgrade over the OP3T. No doubt about that. OP3T itself was pretty good and reliable. 120 Hz. Display is pretty fluid and smooth. Amazing 65 W Battery with Warp Charge. 0 to 80 in 30 mins. Though it's effect on the Battery Longevity is still up for debate. Getting SOT of ~5 Hrs. Still looking to tweak to extend it. Audio Volume is pretty loud and Call clarity is also good. Took few Camera Shots and found them pretty good. I am not too much into Camera Photography, so i am not too bothered about it being a 2 Yr. old Sony sensor.

I too have been reading OP8T Reviews and discussion Forums to know more about the device and as you said, there are mixed reviews. Most have been comparing it to 8 / 8Pro or even 7T and it might not be worth upgrading from them. So far, I have not faced any Heating, Hang or Battery Issues. It serves my purpose...
abhi3284 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 17:29   #11613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ajit,

I too have been reading OP8T Reviews and discussion Forums to know more about the device and as you said, there are mixed reviews. Most have been comparing it to 8 / 8Pro or even 7T and it might not be worth upgrading from them. So far, I have not faced any Heating, Hang or Battery Issues. It serves my purpose...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitsingh208 View Post

Thanks,
Ajit
I upgraded to 8T from 6 and it has been good for the past 2 months that I have been using it. I upgraded from 6 to 8t as my wife's phone was acting up. She uses my 6 now , its been over 2 years and is going pretty strong

Its only been 2 months, but one thing which is very good is the warp charge. Keep it for charge while having dinner and you are done. Insane speeds and I am sure I would want all my future phones to have this. As Abhi told, longevity of the battery is an unknown, fingers crossed there
Old 6th March 2021, 15:24   #11614
BHPian

To whomsoever it may concern,

Volte/VoWifi/HD calling in India has been flawed since day one with operators not cooperating with each other, the benefits of these calls are dramatic improvement in sound quality of calls and much faster connection speed before the phone rings.

Till recently this technology was only from within the operator circle when Volte was enabled in both devices, that is, Vodafone to Vodafone or Airtel to Airtel, but not amongst operators, which means even if both the parties have Volte enabled but use different operators, they still will get that pathetic 2g quality calls, example - Vodafone to Jio or any other combination.

Not anymore, i have been noticing Airtel and Jio to have started Volte/HD calling among each other's network now, calls sound much better, connection time is low, all the benefits! I don't see any news article confirming this, so whoever cares about this stuff, its a good news.

My girlfriend noticed this on her android device which is on Jio that it displayed HD with call when i was calling her (i use airtel), which never happened before, i checked it again to be sure, i tried with my dad who also uses Jio but it didn't work at that time, we both use iphones, guess its a slow rollout, but even that works now.
Rocketscience is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 14:16   #11615
BHPian

Hey all
What good android phone to replace aged Samsung j6 for senior citizen 70 yr.
1. budget 25k
2. Sturdy can handle few spills and drops

Insights appreciated
Old 21st March 2021, 14:22   #11616
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadjourno View Post
Hey all
What good android phone to replace aged Samsung j6 for senior citizen 70 yr.
1. budget 25k
2. Sturdy can handle few spills and drops

Insights appreciated
Samsung A52 appears to be good for that price. With the HDFC card discount, it will be within your budget too.

https://www.samsung.com/in/smartphon...4aAkrLEALw_wcB

Last edited by Oxy : 21st March 2021 at 14:25.
Old 21st March 2021, 22:08   #11617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Samsung A52 appears to be good for that price. With the HDFC card discount, it will be within your budget too.

https://www.samsung.com/in/smartphon...4aAkrLEALw_wcB
Thank you for the suggestion. Saw in person at store, chose the color and 8/128 version and the person now using it seems very happy with bigger screen, fast and zippy compared to J6.
Old 24th March 2021, 12:57   #11618
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ajit,
Amazing 65 W Battery with Warp Charge. 0 to 80 in 30 mins. Though its effect on Battery Longevity is still up for debate. Getting S)

Dear Abhi,

Congratulations on the OnePlus 8T. As far as battery longevity is concerned they last pretty well so far.

I'm using the OnePlus 5T since March'18. I got the battery changed on Oct'20 as the complimentary battery replacement scheme was expiring. The offer was 50% off on the battery replacement. When I requested to replace the technician there told me that the battery health is at 87% but still I went ahead with the replacement. So technically I went for a battery replacement after 2.5+ years.
Old 5th April 2021, 14:49   #11619
AZT
BHPian

South Korea's LG becomes first major smartphone brand to withdraw from market

Quote:
SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korea’s LG Electronics Inc will wind down its loss-making mobile division after failing to find a buyer, a move that is set to make it the first major smartphone brand to completely withdraw from the market.
Quote:
Analysts said they were told in a conference call that LG plans to retain its 4G and 5G core technology patents as well as core R&D personnel, and will continue to develop communication technologies for 6G. It has yet to decide whether to license out such intellectual property in the future, they added.
LG will provide service support and software updates for customers of existing mobile products for a period of time which will vary by region, it added.
https://www.reuters.com/article/busi.../idUSKBN2BS032
AZT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 19:07   #11620
Distinguished - BHPian

iPhone Catches Fire on British Airways Boeing 787 Just Before Landing.

Quote:
Upon further investigation, it was discovered that the device that started the fire was an iPhone—it appears to be a special-edition (PRODUCT)RED iPhone 8—that burst into flames because of overheating lithium batteries and structural deformation caused by the seat mechanism.

Link
Old 17th May 2021, 20:19   #11621
BHPian

Need some suggestion on buying a new android phone. Currently using OP3T and was very satisfied with it's performance. Looking for a new phone in 30 K budget preferably 5G though not sure if it makes sense to buy 5G phone if I foresee a usage of 3 years from now. Phones in radar are - M51 (non 5G) and M42 (5G)

Willing to wait till Diwali if any new Samsung Phones are in the pipeline.
Old 18th May 2021, 00:54   #11622
BHPian

What would be a decent mid range Android as a gift?
Don't want to go very expensive on this buy.

Wife's Oppo 12 is falling apart, which entails a new one.
Old 22nd May 2021, 14:27   #11623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbaj View Post
Need some suggestion on buying a new android phone. Currently using OP3T and was very satisfied with it's performance. Looking for a new phone in 30 K budget preferably 5G
5G doesn't make sense as it will take 2-3 years but most of the new phones are equipped with 5G. You can wait for the upcoming Asus 8z which has Snapdragon 888, 5.9" display with 120Hz refresh rate and IP68 rating. The battery is decent at 4000mAh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985Darkkid85 View Post
What would be a decent mid range Android as a gift? Don't want to go very expensive on this buy.
You can have a look at the Moto G40 Fusion or Moto G60. Both these phones have 120Hz display and 6000mAh battery. They have the same specs except for cameras & priced between 14-18k.

Last edited by CarNerd : 22nd May 2021 at 14:32.
CarNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 14:38   #11624
BHPian

Quote:
Need some suggestion on buying a new android phone. Currently using OP3T and was very satisfied with it's performance. Looking for a new phone in 30 K budget preferably 5G though not sure if it makes sense to buy 5G phone if I foresee a usage of 3 years from now. Phones in radar are - M51 (non 5G) and M42 (5G)

Willing to wait till Diwali if any new Samsung Phones are in the pipeline.

I was using OP3 from 5+ years. Recently upgraded to Samsung A52(5G) (in Singapore, currently).
I think it's a safe bet even if it will last me only 2-3 years, since Snapdragon 750 is decent, its screen is 120hz AMOLED which is amaze and the camera is also of decent quality (though a bit oversaturated and might require Google Camera). The only con is the charger from the box is 15w only, but the phone supports till 25w via PD PPS charger.

Hope this helps.
sharktale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 16:04   #11625
BHPian

Quote:
Need some suggestion on buying a new android phone. Currently using OP3T and was very satisfied with it's performance. Looking for a new phone in 30 K budget preferably
If you want a similar perfomance Iqoo 7 is the best. You will never get that perfomance with the exynos chipset of samsung which is also not at all efficient in battery consumption. M51 is a good midrange smartphone but perfomance will be mid range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985Darkkid85
What would be a decent mid range Android as a gift?
Don't want to go very expensive on this buy.

Wife's Oppo 12 is falling apart, which entails a new one.
Redmi note series is good if you have no issues with MIUI. Else Motorola G series is there with stock android. I am having a Redmi Note 10. Some animations will make us 'feel' it is slow especially the animation when unlocking the phone. Else no issues for moderate use.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks