Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2019, 23:11   #11446
BHPian

Re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Hi any one has a clue when the Nokia 2720 flip phone will be launched in India.

Or for that matter are there any good flip phones in the market right now?

Thanks
You and me are in the same boat. Officially, Nokia hasn't launched 2720 Flip here in India but it is available on Amazon if you wanna buy.

Link: https://www.amazon.in/Nokia-2720-Fli...ef_=ast_bbp_dp

My next choice would be new motorazr but it's too costly and don't know if its coming to India
Old 13th December 2019, 08:37   #11447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_angry View Post
You and me are in the same boat. Officially, Nokia hasn't launched 2720 Flip here in India but it is available on Amazon if you wanna buy.

My next choice would be new motorazr but it's too costly and don't know if its coming to India
Getting a good quality flip phone has been a challenge. I too saw Nokia 2720 on Amazon. But i was hoping to pick one if launched in India.

I want to wean away from Smartphones if possible. The flip phone was my choice device. Except for Maps I can live with the other things on a laptop or an ipad.
Old 16th December 2019, 16:00   #11448
BANNED

A 2 days almost blackout by Vodafone forced me to urgently use MNP service to get converted to Jio (I already have Airtel as second sim).
I have a 2 year old phone that though supports VoLTE, but only on one sim(data), where the other one remains in 2G/3G mode. That means, the point I use Airtel as data sim, I lose out Jio network.
I don't want to invest in a new phone right now as the current phone has some juice still left in it. So, is there any crack / jugad that helps me get the Jio network, even while I am using Airtel data?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
My phone says 'you cannot use data while on call' when using a 3G sim; while obviously no issues when on VoLTE. So, my data connection goes completely offline when on call while on 3G.

Sorry for late reply, call it limitation of 2G/3G technology. HSPA+ over 3G do support voice and data together, but I am not aware whether BSNL has their network updated to this standard.
If you are using a very old sim card, try replacing it to get HSPA+ network, if BSNL has it over your area.

Last edited by PetrolRider : 16th December 2019 at 16:24.
Old 16th December 2019, 17:30   #11449
BHPian

@PetrolRider no. I'd suggest use Jio data instead.
Old 19th December 2019, 13:09   #11450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
I have a 2 year old phone that though supports VoLTE, but only on one sim(data), where the other one remains in 2G/3G mode. That means, the point I use Airtel as data sim, I lose out Jio network.
Buy JIO's 699 Rs semi-smart phone.
Old 20th December 2019, 01:11   #11451
BHPian

The only monotonous things that I demand from phone is that it should be slick (no lags), fast charging and 1 day battery life with excellent connectivity- bluetooth/ GPRS/ Hotspot. A decent camera set up is an assumption if I am going for a premium phone. Anything over 3 years of life from a phone is bonus else it goes in an exchange program. The moment the phone hangs or lags, that's a bummer to me. The rest is the overall experience which I get with the new phone- UI, screen for viewing movies, sound quality, how it feels to hold etc.

Having been a loyal customer to OnePlus (have every gen except for OP7 in family) for last 5 years or so, wifey's >3 year old OP3T has started acting now. My itch is to try something new while wifey gets my 7 months old OP6T. Now the most likely candidate for "something new" is Apple. The only hitch is if it's worth the premium.

The second option is something from Android, but it has to be little different in terms of experience else by default,wifey gets OP7T while I stick to OP6T. Game Over!!!

Off topic: For me OP1 is still the best phone that OP gave. It was majestic in every way and challenged the numero uno at that time. IMO, Rest of OP iterations have been incremental in nature.

Last edited by headbanger : 20th December 2019 at 01:14.
Old 22nd December 2019, 15:09   #11452
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Buy JIO's 699 Rs semi-smart phone.

Your post reminds me of olden days where it was pretty common to see 2 Nokia 3310s strapped back to back.

I guess, I have to get a new phone. Now time to scout for a candidate in my near and dear one, whom I can pass on my current phone.
Old 22nd December 2019, 19:29   #11453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Now the most likely candidate for "something new" is Apple. The only hitch is if it's worth the premium.

The second option is something from Android, but it has to be little different in terms of experience else by default,wifey gets OP7T while I stick to OP6T. Game Over!!!
LG have introduced the new G8X, which is an affordable version of a dual screen foldable device compared to other options out there. After a long time, it is something that has enticed me to look at phones which cost more than 30k. It is an average phone in other aspects like camera but has the 855 as processor which should make it quite lag-free even when running the LG skin.
I think, the dual screen experience should suffice as the little-different experience you are looking for. That is the only reason I am interested in this phone.
Old 22nd December 2019, 21:37   #11454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
LG have introduced the new G8X,
It is a great phone for its intended purpose ie multitasking.

I used one for about a month overseas. Great screen, snappy , and your usual array of features. The best part is ofcourse the dual screen accessory.

Multitasking is great fun specially using both screens for surfing or using two separate apps simultaneously on 2 screens. Its priced well too.

If you do alot of multitasking, you would enjoy this.

Last edited by bigron : 22nd December 2019 at 21:40.
Old 2nd January 2020, 07:45   #11455
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
If it's the micro USB charging cable, look no further than this -
AUKEY Micro USB Cable 3x1.2m QC 2.0/3.0 USB Phone Cable Android Cable Data Transfer
http://s.aliexpress.com/iIbyIje6?fromSns=WhatsApp
2.5 yrs. and going strong!
Locally, I prefer anything that is Amazon Basics branded. Have never been disappointed.
Hey, back when you recommended Aukey, I purchased Aukey Charging Cables (purchased in from Fasttech rather than AliExpress) & they absolutely have been the best cables I have used. Nothing else I have used comes close. However, now they don't seem to be available in either Fasttech or AliExpress - the basic charging cables without the plug. Do you know any other site where they are available at reasonable prices? How about the Amazon Basics ones - are they as good as Aukey.
Old 2nd January 2020, 11:34   #11456
Distinguished - BHPian

My Amazon Basics cables work fine.

I dislike their business model. But that hasn't stopped my buying some of their products.
Old 2nd January 2020, 13:29   #11457
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
My Amazon Basics cables work fine.

Before Aukey, no USB charging cable of mine has lasted more than 3 months. I used to buy new ones every 3 months. And not cheap ones - I have even purchased Expensive original Sony cables which again lasted less than 3 months. Aukey has been the first one which lasts & lasts forever - that's the reason I asked if Amazon Basics comes close to Aukey.
Old 2nd January 2020, 17:19   #11458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Aukey Charging Cables Do you know any other site where they are available at reasonable prices? How about the Amazon Basics ones - are they as good as Aukey.
Hi. I am seeing positive results when I input the search string Aukey micro usb cable in Amazon India app.

All my Amazon Basics products have been reliable so far - charging cables, HDMI cables, CAT 7 network cables (25 ft.), etc.
Old 2nd January 2020, 19:38   #11459
BANNED

Quote:
Hi. I am seeing positive results when I input the search string Aukey micro usb cable in Amazon India app.
It costs more than twice what it cost me at Fasttech.

Quote:
All my Amazon Basics products have been reliable so far - charging cables, HDMI cables, CAT 7 network cables (25 ft.), etc.
But is it as good as Aukey? I mean, a Sony charging cable lasted me just a couple of months. I am looking for something exceptional which Aukey was.
Old 2nd January 2020, 23:17   #11460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
It costs more than twice what it cost me at Fasttech.
3 x 1.2m cables are INR 360/-

Quote:
But is it as good as Aukey? I mean, a Sony charging cable lasted me just a couple of months. I am looking for something exceptional which Aukey was.
Yes, Amazon Basics is dependable. I also use one of its TOSLink cables' (optical digital). I had bought it when ARC was not the norm, and one needed a separate output from TV into the home theatre.

If you desire absolute performance, look no further than Blue Rigger. One micro USB cable will cost you the same as 3 Aukey cables.

Last edited by Safety is Param : 2nd January 2020 at 23:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks