Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2019, 22:51   #11416
BHPian

The Honor view 20, if the orange man's antics aren't frightening you yet.

Btw, OP7 has ufs 3.0 vs K20's ufs 2.1. 3.0 is twice as fast as 2.1.
Old 30th August 2019, 00:19   #11417
BHPian

Re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post

Just realized that the Headphone Jack is extremely important for me, so the OP7 is removed from the shortlist. Whether I buy K20 Pro or not - OP 7 is off my list.
I had similar apprehension about lack of headphone jack a month back. However, took the plunge and got a blue OP7(lovely color, btw), and additionally, got 2 original OP 3.5 mm converters as well, each costing ~Rs 350. Now, I have one converter permanently attached to my daily use earphone, and other lies in my daily laptop bag for any unforseen usage. Haven't missed the 3.5 jack since, and I didn't see any hit on the music/ call quality as well.

As for the phone performance, .
Old 30th August 2019, 09:11   #11418
BHPian

Quote:

Just realized that the Headphone Jack is extremely important for me, so the OP7 is removed from the shortlist. Whether I buy K20 Pro or not - OP 7 is off my list.
If I remember correctly, the OP7 comes with a USB C to 3.5mm cable in the box. That should address your requirement.
Old 30th August 2019, 11:00   #11419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Of the options you mentioned, I'd suggest the OP7 pro. The display is the best I've ever seen in a smartphone. Not the resolution, but the screen refresh rate. It is one of the things "Once you've seen it, you can't unsee it" in a good way. It is superior to iPhone XS and S10 5G IMHO.

Spend a couple of 100 bucks on a quality adapter for the 3.5 mm jack. I use one on my iPhone 8 and it is flawless.

Cheers
L
Old 30th August 2019, 14:57   #11420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
If I remember correctly, the OP7 comes with a USB C to 3.5mm cable in the box. That should address your requirement.
That was for the earlier 6T model. For the newer 7/7Pro, they have stopped bundling it in the box, and you need to buy it separately.
Old 8th September 2019, 12:50   #11421
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone here on BSNL network? Thought of asking for help for an issue which has bothered me since last 10 years!

Can you use data services while on call? This is for BSNL 3G service.
Old 8th September 2019, 14:18   #11422
BHPian

From the past 6 years or so, I have been using budget (near) stock android phones starting from Moto G, Moto X Style and now Asus Max Pro M2. I love the near stock Android experience but the options are fairly limited and I am disappointed with my current Asus. Looked at Mi A3, but the 720p screen seems like a downer. Other stock Android offerings at below 20k price point from Motorola and Nokia do not entice me. Hence thinking of jumping to 30k bracket where the OP7 has caught my eye. But then read about the upcoming OP7T. Can someone suggest whether to go for OP7 or wait for the OP7T? I am not in a hurry and looking for the next smartphone around Big Billion Day/Great Indian Sales.
Old 9th September 2019, 11:46   #11423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Can you use data services while on call? This is for BSNL 3G service.
It could, but it will drop down to 2.5G when you are on a call( I am guessing here). Normal 4G drops to 3G when on call, whereas with VoLTE, it stays on 4G when on call.
Old 9th September 2019, 11:50   #11424
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
It could, but it will drop down to 2.5G when you are on a call( I am guessing here). Normal 4G drops to 3G when on call, whereas with VoLTE, it stays on 4G when on call.
My phone says 'you cannot use data while on call' when using a 3G sim; while obviously no issues when on VoLTE. So, my data connection goes completely offline when on call while on 3G.
Old 9th September 2019, 12:11   #11425
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
From the past 6 years or so, I have been using budget (near) stock android phones starting from Moto G, Moto X Style and now Asus Max Pro M2. I love the near stock Android experience but the options are fairly limited and I am disappointed with my current Asus.
May i ask what aspect of the Max pro M2 you are disappointed with ? Also, what aspect are you looking for in a new phone that you found lacking in your M2
Old 9th September 2019, 13:44   #11426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
May i ask what aspect of the Max pro M2 you are disappointed with ? Also, what aspect are you looking for in a new phone that you found lacking in your M2
Firstly my Max Pro M2 has some VoLTE issues with my Airtel 4G sim. My sim's VoLTE works fine in my wife's Samsung phone. Wife's Airtel sim VoLTE works fine in my Max Pro M2! I visited both Airtel and Asus customer cares but both are blaming the other one.

Then it's mainly the user experience wrt software that has gone down after the Android Pie update. First of all Asus is not that quick with software and security updates negating that benefit of having near stock android, and then when they finally pushed the update its full of bugs. Many intermittent glitches and some functionalities that work after 2-3 attempts. Many apps which were working fine previously would now hang or close suddenly. Problem is many of the glitches and issues can't be reproduced all the time, so I am unable to replicate those at the Asus service centre. This has brought down the overall ownership experience for me in an otherwise brilliant phone. Even many more bugs and glitches have been reported by users on the Asus Zentalk forum after the Pie update, so it's not limited to me.

What I want in the new phone is a good near stock Android user experience with regular bug-free updates. My usage is not heavy, I don't play games or use any other resource demanding apps. I am also not overtly demanding about the phone's camera. So software user experience is important to me; glitches and bugs irritate me a lot!
Old 9th September 2019, 13:52   #11427
BHPian

Quote:
Looked at Mi A3, but the 720p screen seems like a downer.
Quote:
My usage is not heavy, I don't play games or use any other resource demanding apps. I am also not overtly demanding about the phone's camera. So software user experience is important to me; glitches and bugs irritate me a lot!
At 13-16k, the Mi A3 is a lot cheaper than the next phone with the stock android experience. If your usage isn't heavy, the 720p screen wouldn't matter much. Also, it's a beautiful AMOLED unlike other offerings in the budget.
Old 9th September 2019, 14:06   #11428
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Then it's mainly the user experience wrt software that has gone down after the Android Pie update. First of all Asus is not that quick with software and security updates negating that benefit of having near stock android, and then when they finally pushed the update its full of bugs. Many intermittent glitches and some functionalities that work after 2-3 attempts. Many apps which were working fine previously would now hang or close suddenly. Problem is many of the glitches and issues can't be reproduced all the time, so I am unable to replicate those at the Asus service centre. This has brought down the overall ownership experience for me in an otherwise brilliant phone. Even many more bugs and glitches have been reported by users on the Asus Zentalk forum after the Pie update, so it's not limited to me.

What I want in the new phone is a good near stock Android user experience with regular bug-free updates. My usage is not heavy, I don't play games or use any other resource demanding apps. I am also not overtly demanding about the phone's camera. So software user experience is important to me; glitches and bugs irritate me a lot!

That is bad. I have a Max pro m1 for the past 1+ year thankfully it is pretty stable. You are right about the Asus being slow on the updates. They are painfully slow. On the plus side, i absolutely love the 1.5 day life from the massive 5000 mah battery!

For your needs, i would suggest you get an Android One phone. I would suggest the Nokia 6.1 plus 6GB variant. I have used this phone extensively and its almost flawless. The 6gb variant will be blazing fast.

I would not recommend Mi mid rangers since from my experience among friends and family, they do not age well.Even thought A3 is AMOLED, the pixel density is very less compared to 6.1 Plus. If you prefer smaller footprint phones then 6.1 ticks all your needs .

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 9th September 2019 at 14:13.
Old 10th September 2019, 15:56   #11429
BHPian

How is Vivo with the updates? The V15 Pro looks like a tempting purchase at 23k. The cameras are very good for its price.
Old 11th September 2019, 21:54   #11430
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish3 View Post
How is Vivo with the updates? The V15 Pro looks like a tempting purchase at 23k. The cameras are very good for its price.
There is a new Vivo launch coming up - the U10. Saw the banner on Amazon today. I would suggest you to wait for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
For your needs, i would suggest you get an Android One phone. I would suggest the Nokia 6.1 plus 6GB variant. I have used this phone extensively and its almost flawless. The 6gb variant will be blazing fast.
I think for about 3-4k more, the Nokia 8.1 would be an even better purchase.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks