Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2016, 17:49   #11131
BHPian

Re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
I use a 10400 mAH PNY power-bank which I have brought from Amazon (http://www.amazon.in/PNY-BE-740-1040...pny+power+bank) - this allow you to charge your phone while the power bank is being charged. Using this for almost an year and happy with this one.

--Anoop
I always have a high regard for this brand, but i didn't know that it also has this 'special' feature that none of the other brands (including mine adata) has. So, needless to say, my next power bank is definitely from PNY.
Old 19th April 2016, 19:07   #11132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I always have a high regard for this brand, but i didn't know that it also has this 'special' feature that none of the other brands (including mine adata) has. So, needless to say, my next power bank is definitely from PNY.
Xiaomi has always had it as well. just saying.
Old 20th April 2016, 00:19   #11133
BHPian

Just bought a Samsung Galaxy S7 for dad. Will be using it for a couple of days before handing it over to him. Phone seems really fast. Camera is amazing. Build quality is good too considering its made in India ! The gold version which we purchased looks a lot like something 50 cent or SnoopDog would use but its really nice to be honest ! Anyone looking to buy this phone can ask me anything about it.
Old 20th April 2016, 09:37   #11134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRaccoon View Post
Just bought a Samsung Galaxy S7 for dad...Anyone looking to buy this phone can ask me anything about it.
Do both sim slots support 4G (not simultaneously though), if 2nd sim slot is also used instead of micro sd card...? Thanks in advance.
Old 20th April 2016, 09:45   #11135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRaccoon View Post
Just bought a Samsung Galaxy S7 for dad. Will be using it for a couple of days before handing it over to him. Phone seems really fast. Camera is amazing. Build quality is good too considering its made in India ! The gold version which we purchased looks a lot like something 50 cent or SnoopDog would use but its really nice to be honest ! Anyone looking to buy this phone can ask me anything about it.
I wonder if the Made in India part is true. Are you sure about this one?
Old 20th April 2016, 10:09   #11136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Do both sim slots support 4G (not simultaneously though), if 2nd sim slot is also used instead of micro sd card...? Thanks in advance.
Yes. Both slots support 4G although be warned that using dual Sims significantly chop battery life. I got half the battery life I usually get when I used 2 Sims on a recent overseas trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I wonder if the Made in India part is true. Are you sure about this one?
The box says made in India but I suspect it's ckd assembly and not full fledged manufacturing. The kits come from Vietnam AFAIK.
Old 20th April 2016, 14:26   #11137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Do both sim slots support 4G
Yes. Though I have been using it only with one SIM, plan to buy an SD card and use that instead of a second SIM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I wonder if the Made in India part is true
Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
The kits come from Vietnam AFAIK.
On the back of the handset itself it says - "Manufactured in India". The OTG is labeled Vietnam, the earphones are labeled Vietnam and the USB cable and quick charge brick are labeled China. I believe here the term manufactured has been used in the sense of assembled.
Old 20th April 2016, 15:34   #11138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
Folks,

Can some one suggest a phone which has a physical keypad and supports whatsapp. I am ok to buy an used phone in a good condition.

This is for a senior person who is interested in WhatsApp but cannot really get a hang of touch screen phones.

How about a touchscreen phone and pairing it with a bluetooth keyboard? The Logitech K480 is awesome or some other cheaper model will fit the bill too. I am recommending this because eventually the person will get used to the touch features and then he can move away from the keyboard. The K480 can be used as a computer keyboard as well as a mobile keyboard and can switch between three devices.

Last edited by ketantendulkar : 20th April 2016 at 15:35.
Old 21st April 2016, 10:10   #11139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketantendulkar View Post
How about a touchscreen phone and pairing it with a bluetooth keyboard? The Logitech K480 is awesome or some other cheaper model will fit the bill too. I am recommending this because eventually the person will get used to the touch features and then he can move away from the keyboard. The K480 can be used as a computer keyboard as well as a mobile keyboard and can switch between three devices.
Ketan, this may not work out as the person cannot carry the keyboard with him always.

By the way, I have dropped this plan as WhatsApp is officially discontinuing support for OSes like Java, S40, S60 by this year.
Old 21st April 2016, 10:52   #11140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
Ketan, this may not work out as the person cannot carry the keyboard with him always.

By the way, I have dropped this plan as WhatsApp is officially discontinuing support for OSes like Java, S40, S60 by this year.

Why not look at something from the blackberry stable. Their OS 10 phones support sideloading of android applications. Ull easily get a good deal on a used one, they have absymal resale.
If budget is not a concern, then the android blackberry priv with a slider keyboard.
Old 25th April 2016, 17:46   #11141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hadow View Post
My Mi3 is not charging any more.

Has anyone used bigfix.in for repairs?
Hi did you find a solution for the non-charging yet? I ask because my Asus Zenphone 5 does not charge when the phone is on. When it is dead out of battery and switches off, then I can charge it back to full battery.

The Asus centre says that the motherboard has to be changed, but I dont think so. Why does it charge when switched off then?

I'm stuck with my dad's old Lumia 535. After using it for a week, I have so much clarity about the purpose of my life. I just need to find the development team who made the User interface and ... throttle them to an inch of their lives!!
Old 25th April 2016, 21:24   #11142
BHPian

The Huawei Vs Xaomi war starts at home from today. Ordered a Huawei Honor Holly plus 2 for mom and Xaomi Redmi Note 3 for dad. Initial impressions are that the screen of huawei is better while Xaomi trumps in fit and finish. Interesting times ahead!
Old 25th April 2016, 22:17   #11143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Beat View Post
The Huawei Vs Xaomi war starts at home from today. Ordered a Huawei Honor Holly plus 2 for mom and Xaomi Redmi Note 3 for dad. Initial impressions are that the screen of huawei is better while Xaomi trumps in fit and finish. Interesting times ahead!
I have been trying to purchase the 32GB Redmi Note 3.
Is it the same variant you have bought?

Have heard from a friend that it heats up quite a bit when charging & if on a call for say 20-30 mins. Any such observations?
Old 26th April 2016, 09:22   #11144
BHPian

Tibby - I am using a 16gb variant. It's been more than 10 days now. The phone heats only while charging. No other heating issues.
Old 26th April 2016, 09:59   #11145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibby View Post
I have been trying to purchase the 32GB Redmi Note 3.
Is it the same variant you have bought?

Have heard from a friend that it heats up quite a bit when charging & if on a call for say 20-30 mins. Any such observations?
I have the 16 GB variant and as stated above, the phone heats up while charging only. It isn't very significant that you will be uncomfortable to hold it though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks