Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2015, 08:03   #11101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

Thats what. My phone still behaves like a 10 month old child, falling everywhere. But instead of the screen NOT breaking as always, the tempered glass does.

So basically, I have put something on that will keep breaking, in an event where nothing used to happen earlier?????

Don't blame the phone for falling, you're dropping it I dropped my phone two weeks after purchase and thankfully the tempered glass took the beating. Purchased the same tempered glass again, but have been careful ever since with the phone (bheri slim).

Dropped it face down couple of days ago (screen side down), luckily nothing happened (not even a scratch), but I did have a out-of-body experience just for a moment
Old 17th December 2015, 16:50   #11102
BHPian

Re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

HI,

I am planning to purchase the newly launched yu yutopia phone, what impressed me is the spec sheet and the components in it and also the camera sample picture which Yu had uploaded previously caught my attention. I not much of a gadget geek, so need suggestions from expert's in this community.

My queries are:

1. Never know anyone using Yu brand, how reliable is their phone's in term of build quality?
2. Not sure about their service network & quality.
3. My main requirement from a phone is a good camera quality, and i don't want to exceed 25K budget.

Please pour in your opinion's.

Thanks
Visran
Old 30th December 2015, 13:17   #11103
BHPian

I bought a Asus zenfone 5 last year and have since been waiting for Lollipop upgrade. It didn't happen OTA so far, so now looking at other options.

Is there anyone here who has done this without OTA. I have found couple of options online, but quite confused right now.
Old 30th December 2015, 19:58   #11104
BHPian

Shifu,
The next best thing would be to update it to a 5.x custom rom. There are a lot of threads on Xda for this and I will advise you to read through before you take the plunge. Needless to say ensure that you have a full Nandroid backup with you before proceeding.
Old 31st December 2015, 02:15   #11105
BHPian

Anyone got the chance to lay their hands on the newly launched HTC One A9? At 30k it seems promising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visran View Post
HI,

I am planning to purchase the newly launched yu yutopia phone, what impressed me is the spec sheet and the components in it and also the camera sample picture which Yu had uploaded previously caught my attention. I not much of a gadget geek, so need suggestions from expert's in this community.

My queries are:
Thanks
Visran
Well, you can check the Moto x play. At 20k it's a great deal. It has got a 21mp camera which produces some highly detailed pics. For your reference check this review- http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_mot...iew-1325p7.php
Old 3rd January 2016, 10:09   #11106
BHPian

I broke my existing Moto G2 after dropping it on concrete on Jan 1st :( Had the 6s Plus and Nexus 6P from a long time in mind but needed to see both in person together, so went to Reliance Digital and immediately felt both these phones are literally Ginormous! No way, you could handle them easily. Both were out.

So, the next logical choice was the 6s 64GB. After negotiating on the price, the sales guy was ready to sell it for 64.5k, and threw in a tempered screen protector as well.

Deal being sealed, I said, fine, lets get the phone. To which he told me he did not have a Space Grey and it would take him 20 mins more to get it. This was after the first 20 mins he actually called for the phone.

No big deal, I said, please get it - And then I waited, waited and waited. He kept telling me the guy is at this location and that location with the phone. Then, I simply set up a time in my mind and thought if he gets the phone, I buy it, else I don't. No wonder he could not and I left empty-handed.

Came home and ordered a One Plus X - Decent Android Phone, looks good, gorgeous screen, feels solid but typical Android quirks.

Thinking about it today - Did the iphone feel good - Yes, Did it feel like it was anywhere close to 64.5k - Damn No! Also things like a missing quick charger and OIS severely undermine the 6s. Also all reviewers tell you that the 7 probably might actually be a far bigger leap for Apple. So I have postponed my iphone purchase for now and would stick to One Plus X for the time being.
Will revisit this whenever the new iteration of iphone comes along!
Old 28th January 2016, 14:27   #11107
BHPian

Re: The Power Bank?

What would be a good power bank?

I would prefer a device which can quick charge the mobile and also hold couple of recharges.

Please advise.
Old 28th January 2016, 14:39   #11108
BHPian

Re: The Power Bank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
What would be a good power bank?

I would prefer a device which can quick charge the mobile and also hold couple of recharges.

Please advise.
I am using ADATA PT100 (brought from amazon @999) since last June and I am quite happy with its performance. It's bit heavy when compared to some other popular ones like Mi or honor, but the build quality is very good.
Old 7th February 2016, 10:01   #11109
Senior - BHPian

We had iPhone, Samsung, HTC, Sony, Motorola etc as high end phones with high end specs and Micromax, Lava, Intex, iBall etc as low end phones with low end specs. Then came Mi, OnePlus, Honor, Meizu, QiKU, LYF etc with high end specs and mid level prices. Each one promised to be the "Best Phone Ever" and received great reviews on Cell Guru and You Tube channels. But are these really that good? If so then why is there a new brand launched every month? How many people actually buy them after the initial hype? Is there anyone queuing up to buy Mi phones today? More recently it was the OnePlus devices getting all the attention. Now even that has died down.
Would you still want to buy these brands or would you prefer to stick to trusted brands like iPhone, Samsung, Motorola etc.
Old 1st March 2016, 07:54   #11110
Distinguished - BHPian

My Samsung S-7562 Duos:
I keep getting a message " No Internet Connection" even though wi-fi is on. This happens for some apps, and doesnt on others - at the same time.

Eg: Whatsapp is working on wi-fi, But not able to access Messenger / Play Store.

Note: Phone was rooted & has Link2SD. The phone has worked fine even after this was done)
Old 1st March 2016, 09:29   #11111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

Thats what. My phone still behaves like a 10 month old child, falling everywhere. But instead of the screen NOT breaking as always, the tempered glass does.
So basically, I have put something on that will keep breaking, in an event where nothing used to happen earlier?????
Try covering the tempered glass with a scratch guard
Double protection and no shattered objects anymore lol
Old 1st March 2016, 17:08   #11112
BHPian

Any idea how much will the diplay of Samsung Galaxy S5 cost me here in Mumbai ? The phone fell down yesterday, the glass has cracked, although the display is working. And cant they replace only the cracked glass ?? Changing the entire display is necessary ??The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-imageuploadedbyteambhp1456832304.847081.jpg
Old 1st March 2016, 17:25   #11113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohitj92 View Post
Any idea how much will the diplay of Samsung Galaxy S5 cost me here in Mumbai ? The phone fell down yesterday, the glass has cracked, although the display is working. And cant they replace only the cracked glass ?? Changing the entire display is necessary ??
An authorised service centre will make you poorer by around 8000 rupees for replacing the display. Plus keep in mind that the waterproof attribute would be lost after the replacement. From my experience the replacement did not gain my s5 its lost health in full groly which forced me to upgrade sooner than expected.
Old 2nd March 2016, 15:39   #11114

My Mi3 is not charging any more.

Has anyone used bigfix.in for repairs?
Old 11th April 2016, 13:50   #11115
BANNED

I had an MI power bank but within six months it developed loose contact issues & it's unusable now. Can someone recommend a good power bank I can order off flipkart or amazon which will last?

Last edited by carboy : 11th April 2016 at 14:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks