Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2015, 20:54   #10996
BHPian

Re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Panda View Post
Ok, currently, I am going through this phase In my life, where I am utterly confused about which smartphone or Tablet(with calling feature to buy).
BTW, eyeing for the Lenovo Yoga Tab3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety is Param View Post
Now, coming to options - I would have straight away gifted her the Moto Style, but the 32 GB variant is out of stock. I am more inclined on the 32 GB variant than the 16 GB.

Following are the main requirements -

1. 5.5 / 5.7 inches, Full HD with a minimum of 441 PPI . I use an HTC E8 having similar PPI and feel that is decent enough. The current Xolo is 5.5 inches, so anything less won't work out I believe.

2. She uses a single Sim,

5. At least 3200 mAh battery.

Max. budget is between 25 to 30k, and I can extend it only if the Moto Style, 32 gb, is back in Stock.
May I suggest the Moto X Play. Have handled it for a while now and it is very nimble and fast. Also, has pretty good battery life which lasts for around 2 days.
One gripe is that the back feels flimsy and it isn't made of premium materials like OnePlus 2, Moto X Style etc. But, it's good value at 20K for 32GB version.
Old 31st October 2015, 21:08   #10997
Senior - BHPian

Compared to the Moto X Play, I think the new Lenovo Vibe P1 makes a strong case. It is around 16 K for a 32 GB version, with almost similar specs. It has a much stronger battery and also a 'quick charge' facility.
Old 2nd November 2015, 13:11   #10998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
the Mi4i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
the Moto X Play
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
the new Lenovo Vibe P1
Really appreciate your suggestions, guys! Thank you!

I shall most probably order the Moto X Play (32 GB). Had I decided on this a week back I could have availed the 1750/- cash back offer on Citibank.

There are no offers currently on the device which is retailing at INR 19,999/-

But since I plan to gift her before Diwali, I am thinking to wait a day or 2 if there are any offers, else will order it at the ongoing price!

Since we are in Bangalore, and the seller is WS Retail, can I expect to get the device on Friday if the order is placed on Wednesday 10 am (based on my previous experiences with WS Retail,I have received all my orders within 24 hrs)? I tried calling Flipkart, but was unable to get through to the Customer Care.

Saturday is when we go out of town to return only after a week!

Time and again, I feel like I should order it right away rather than waiting till Wednesday. After all, the timing matters more than say an INR 1500/- discount.

What do you say?
Old 2nd November 2015, 17:00   #10999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Compared to the Moto X Play, I think the new Lenovo Vibe P1 makes a strong case. It is around 16 K for a 32 GB version, with almost similar specs. It has a much stronger battery and also a 'quick charge' facility.
One of my friend recently brought this phone and i saw it yesterday. It does look VFM for me. Battery capacity is just unbelievable and UI does look smooth and simple. Another advantage is that quick charge. Only issue could be (through the reviews) camera performance. But overall, this one looks great phone for the price.
Old 2nd November 2015, 17:49   #11000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
One of my friend recently brought this phone and i saw it yesterday. It does look VFM for me. Battery capacity is just unbelievable and UI does look smooth and simple. Another advantage is that quick charge. Only issue could be (through the reviews) camera performance. But overall, this one looks great phone for the price.
Even I went through whatever information was available for the Vibe.

However, the only concern of periodic OS updates made me decide in favor of the Moto Play.

My sister had a Lenovo P780 for almost 18 months, but I hardly remember any updates being rolled out for that device. The UI on top of Kitkat was not something to write home about either.

On a side note, the Moto Play supports Fast Charging too, but the charger needs to be bought separately. I believe the Vibe has that Turbo Charger in the box.

Does anyone have a first hand experience of the Vibe P1? The phone will hardly be used for gaming, not too resource intensive, if at all.
Old 2nd November 2015, 18:05   #11001
BHPian

Quote:
Even I went through whatever information was available for the Vibe.

However, the only concern of periodic OS updates made me decide in favor of the Moto Play.

My sister had a Lenovo P780 for almost 18 months, but I hardly remember any updates being rolled out for that device. The UI on top of Kitkat was not something to write home about either.

On a side note, the Moto Play supports Fast Charging too, but the charger needs to be bought separately. I believe the Vibe has that Turbo Charger in the box.

Does anyone have a first hand experience of the Vibe P1? The phone will hardly be used for gaming, not too resource intensive, if at all.
See, if your primary requirement is frequent OS updates, then you should not look beyond 'Moto' or 'Nexus' series.
Btw, even my sister-in-law is using Lenovo A6000 (basic phone) and i have seen the performance not upto the mark. But, again Vibe P1 does have some plus points and from what i have heard from my friend, he is yet to find any noticeable 'con' from his usage so far.
Old 2nd November 2015, 23:56   #11002
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Time and again, I feel like I should order it right away rather than waiting till Wednesday. After all, the timing matters more than say an INR 1500/- discount.

What do you say?
Try fo do a mock checkout & see whether they do a one day delivery for 100/-. In that case, you could wait. Else, be on the safer side. When there are some deals going on, Flipkart takes more time to deliver.
Old 3rd November 2015, 11:55   #11003
BHPian

Cracked my Lumia 720 screen.

Where can I get it repaired. I do not want to spend much as it is 2 years old and I plan to sell it after repairing.

Last edited by sidzz : 3rd November 2015 at 11:57.
Old 3rd November 2015, 13:03   #11004
Senior - BHPian

I am just curious if anyone is buying phones lesser than 5". All discussions here are for phones equal to or greater than 5".

Are the manufacturers right in their market research?
Old 3rd November 2015, 13:31   #11005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I am just curious if anyone is buying phones lesser than 5". All discussions here are for phones equal to or greater than 5".

Are the manufacturers right in their market research?

My iphone 6 is a 4.8" if it counts 😂. i find the range of 4.8-5.2 the sweet spot for me, since i have fairly large hands. One hand usage is very much possible at this size.
Problem is, this size is available mostly either in low-end, or the high end phones. Mid rangers are rare to find in this size.
Old 3rd November 2015, 13:37   #11006
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
Cracked my Lumia 720 screen.

Where can I get it repaired. I do not want to spend much as it is 2 years old and I plan to sell it after repairing.

SP road is the place if you want to save $. Let me know if you need any references there.
Old 3rd November 2015, 14:04   #11007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
SP road is the place if you want to save $. Let me know if you need any references there.
Please PM me if you know any reliable places. Thanks!
Old 3rd November 2015, 15:08   #11008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
see whether they do a one day delivery for 100/-. In that case, you could wait. Else, be on the safer side
Finally, ordered! The 32 GB version.

It had to be heart over mind!

Have ordered COD at my office address so that it can be a proper surprise!

I hope it is delivered on or before this Friday else I shall be able to take the delivery only on the 16th. Either way, the suspense shall be maintained.

There were no faster delivery options available!

Thanks once again for all your inputs.
Old 3rd November 2015, 19:19   #11009
Team-BHP Support

How is One Plus X Ceramic edition phone? Any dope?

Am thinking to exchange it for my Nexus 5.
Old 4th November 2015, 17:09   #11010
BHPian

Guys, how good / bad is Oneplus two?

I am in two minds over getting one.

But am in an immediate need for replacement of my aging Samsung Note 1.

Any other suggestions within similar price range?

Thanks

Rishi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks