Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2015, 08:32   #10861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
If you can live with a not so great camera, this is a good model.
As I told, camera is not that great to talk about.
That's a surprise. They talk so much about their camera and pixel technology. Maybe it's all marketing then. Some people in their reviews say a little adjustment in settings is needed to get the best out of its camera and compare it with HTC One's camera. Do dig deeper and let us know the final analysis if possible.
Old 2nd July 2015, 09:22   #10862
BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
That's a surprise. They talk so much about their camera and pixel technology. Maybe it's all marketing then. Some people in their reviews say a little adjustment in settings is needed to get the best out of its camera and compare it with HTC One's camera. Do dig deeper and let us know the final analysis if possible.
Full size image source: http://img.91mobiles.com/articles/wp...-long-shot.jpg

100% Crops from the above daylight shot:

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-01.jpg

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-02.jpg
Looks 'cartoonish' to me.

Download full resolution images clicked from Asus zenphone or any other camera you are interested in, confirm the authenticity of the image by seeing the EXIF details then asses the images yourself and see if its producing the picture quality you are looking for.
Old 2nd July 2015, 14:57   #10863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are you a actual user or are you going by whats written on Flipkart reviews? Because online comments are quite contradictory.

My job was to warn you, regarding potential risks, since this is what the forum is all about. I do not have anything against ASUS as a brand, nor do i own the phone. My comments are based on my own research on the phone - which included looking for authentic reviews on the net, tech review websites and colleagues/friends, since i was myself planning to buy this phone but backed out.

Rest is upto you.

tc
Old 2nd July 2015, 15:52   #10864
Senior - BHPian

I think I will wait for One Plus Two which is launching this month before taking a final decision.
Old 9th July 2015, 23:40   #10865
Senior - BHPian

Finally ordered the HTC one M8 Eye.
waiting for delivery... what swayed me this way is the fantastic metallic build of the phone with the curvature on the back.Gives you a very premium feel.
Also, I wanted to experience HTC sense UI which I have heard a lot of good things about.

Hopefully works out well for me.
Old 10th July 2015, 00:03   #10866
BHPian

Quote:
Any users of Zenfone 2 here? The specs look too good on paper for the price. They start at 13k but the 15k and 20k model with 4GB DDR3 RAM, 64GB ROM, 2.3GHz Atom Processor, 5.5" IPS 1080p display!! have range topping features - https://www.asus.com/Tablets_Mobile/ZenFone_2_ZE551ML/
I've been using the 2gb ZE550ML for a month and it performs pretty well. No overheating or call dropping.

It comes will some bloatware but it can be disabled/uninstalled.

The ZenUI is pretty light and easy on the eyes.
I'd say go for it.

Last edited by ampere : 23rd July 2015 at 21:35. Reason: Removed video links from quoted post
Old 10th July 2015, 02:42   #10867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Is there someone with personal experience using Nokia Lumia 730 or 735?

I am considering this for my mother who has taken a fascination of using Skype.

She is not comfortable with touch screens, but wants Skype - which means good front facing camera as well.

I heard that 730 has a screen flickering issue, so I am a bit hesitant to order it online.
Price is between 11 and 12000 depending on the colour.
Have used the 730 for a few days. Main camera was really remarkable, esp. In low light. Better than much more expensive phones I've checked out. Can't really recall front camera performance. The phone didn't have any flicker issues. Overall a pretty good phone, near zero lag, with much above average cam. But build felt average, bit plasticky. If the limitations of the windows system is ok, I'd definitely recommend it to anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
The craze for Chines phones has died down the same way the hype around them was built up. The innumerable brands with almost similar looks and buggy SW have made the users wary of these phones. After the bitter experience with Mi4 I will never buy a Chinese phone again. I am just waiting for Nexus 5 2015 to exchange this piece of junk.
If you don't mind elaborating, what was so wrong with your Mi4?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th July 2015 at 08:28. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
Old 14th July 2015, 09:01   #10868
Senior - BHPian

Received my HTC one M8 eye in copper gold color.
What a beauty! It oozes class and premium feeling from every corner.
The curved metal unibody is gorgeous and fantastic to hold.

Those who think that Android phone can't match the premium feel and build of the Iphone please have a look at the HTC one M8 series.

I will not comment much on performance as it is just a day old. It came with Lollipop 5.0.2. This is my first experience with HTC Sense UI. But, so far, whatever I have seen looks and feels good - it's not overdone but at the same time it has given lot of additional functionalities and usability improvement over vanilla Android with cluttering the interface or too much bloatware. I need to explore more.

The camera is also very good - I compared with Moto X 1st gen and 2nd gen and the HTC has much better exposure and white balance and less noise as well. Overall, a very good camera which might be a touch below the Samsung flagships (haven't compated but going by the reviews)
Old 14th July 2015, 11:01   #10869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think I will wait for One Plus Two which is launching this month before taking a final decision.
Check its camera first. My wife loves her OPO but when it comes to parties / marriages its the iPhone 6 which is taken out and used. OPO just takes too bloody long to focus in evenings and is frankly worse than my S3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Is there someone with personal experience using Nokia Lumia 730 or 735?

I am considering this for my mother who has taken a fascination of using Skype.

She is not comfortable with touch screens, but wants Skype - which means good front facing camera as well.

I heard that 730 has a screen flickering issue, so I am a bit hesitant to order it online.
Price is between 11 and 12000 depending on the colour.
PM deepakchan who used it (he gave it up because of the sparse WP ecosystem for his preferred apps). He had no such issues.
Old 14th July 2015, 12:13   #10870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Have used the 730 for a few days. Main camera was really remarkable, esp. In low light. Better than much mo....But build felt average, bit plasticky. If the limitations of the windows system is ok, I'd definitely recommend it to anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

PM deepakchan who used it (he gave it up because of the sparse WP ecosystem for his preferred apps). He had no such issues.
Thanks guys.
The phone would be for my mother (who is not very comfortable using touch screen to begin with). She wants something which can run Skype and maybe WhatsApp (I am suspecting some more apps will follow this list in distant future).
Most of the common apps are available on Windows platform (maybe Hangouts is not.)
So, I don't see much of an issue with the apps.
The advantage of the Windows phone to me is the simplicity (compared to Android). So, chances of things getting messed up seem a lot lesser.
Old 14th July 2015, 23:07   #10871
Senior - BHPian

^For your mom it'll do very well, perhaps. But I found windows ecosystem & maybe even the OS pretty undesirable as a main phone. As a secondary phone, I'd love to have one. Issue with apps is that feature wise they usually lag behind android as they aren't updated so often by devs. Hope that changes with time as the user base grows.
Old 15th July 2015, 06:36   #10872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
pm roy_libran who had a Zenfone 6 and was very happy with the photos, esp indoors without flash, when the 13 MP camera was used at 8 MP.

I have seen his photos and they were quite good. I believe Zenfone 2 camera unit is only an upgrade to that one.
Old 23rd July 2015, 20:58   #10873
BHPian

Hi,

Looking for buy a new phone in the 15k budget bracket. Has anyone tried Microsoft Lumia 640XL? Is it a good buy?

MaSh
Old 24th July 2015, 06:26   #10874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmash View Post
Hi,

Looking for buy a new phone in the 15k budget bracket. Has anyone tried Microsoft Lumia 640XL? Is it a good buy?

MaSh
It is an excellent phone. The camera is outstanding (far better than the 1+ or the HTC 13 mp 816/820 series) and the phone is quite responsive.

The only challenge which prevented me from buying it was the size. If you're okay with it, go ahead - its a lovely device actually.
Old 24th July 2015, 15:22   #10875
BHPian

My friend has a Lumia phone. He is not able to download "Uber "app in it. Please check that too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks