Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2015, 20:21   #10801
BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Hi Guys,

Amongst Asus Zenphone 5, Huwaei Honor 4X and HTC 626G+ , which one should be better for moderate usage of apps, occasional good photography, movie veiwing, regular surfing.

My concern for HTC is the old OS and 1gb ram, while for Asus it is the 8MP camera. Honor 4x seems to have good camera but specs are very plain jae on the paper. Please help me out.
Old 18th June 2015, 09:56   #10802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhiraj View Post
Hi Guys,

Amongst Asus Zenphone 5, Huwaei Honor 4X and HTC 626G+ , which one should be better for moderate usage of apps, occasional good photography, movie veiwing, regular surfing.
Can you stretch your budget and go for Zenfone 2?

Else HTC 626G+ is a good phone.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 19th June 2015 at 15:36. Reason: Fixing quotes.
Old 19th June 2015, 15:27   #10803
Senior - BHPian

Guys

Came across this website "Atterobay" : http://www.atterobay.com/

Basically they buy old mobile phones,

I checked value of my 8 month old Moto G2 and it values it at an impressive 7100 Rs.

Its actually too good to be true, since new Moto G2 is available less than 10k.

But what worries me more is that they make the payment 3 weeks After we send the phone to them!

I think something if fishy here.

Has anyone experience with this website?
Old 19th June 2015, 15:32   #10804
BANNED

I have a Moto-g first gen, and the phone has been working absolutely fine. however, since the last couple of weeks, the phone just hangs and switches off. Unfortunately, the warranty expired in May, so this will have to be paid service. is there anything that I can check myself, before I take it to the service center?
Old 19th June 2015, 15:41   #10805
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Basically they buy old mobile phones,

I checked value of my 8 month old Moto G2 and it values it at an impressive 7100 Rs.
Try Reglobe. They have a cash-on-pickup offer at home.
Old 19th June 2015, 17:06   #10806
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Try Reglobe. They have a cash-on-pickup offer at home.
I know about reglobe.

But my only intent is to get insight on atterobay and warn about a possible Fraud taking place.
Old 19th June 2015, 22:33   #10807
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
what's the best Android phone under 30K?
Priorities are good screen, battery backup, camera quality and audio quality.
Thinking about Galaxy S5. Any better options?
Old 19th June 2015, 22:53   #10808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Guys,
There are different definitions of 'best' for different individuals. If you are looking for just Android phone then get any one. If you are looking for a 'smart'phone then get nothing less than a MotoX. It will change the way how you see gadgets.
Old 20th June 2015, 01:40   #10809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
Priorities are good screen, battery backup, camera quality and audio quality.
Thinking about Galaxy S5. Any better options?

Wait for Oneplus Two and Moto X 3rd gen.
Old 20th June 2015, 14:16   #10810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
There are different definitions of 'best' for different individuals. If you are looking for just Android phone then get any one. If you are looking for a 'smart'phone then get nothing less than a MotoX. It will change the way how you see gadgets.
I own a moto X 1st gen

I am looking one for my wife. She wants something with a good camera and frankly, even the 2nd gen Moto X doesn't have a great camera when compared to the likes of Samsung Galaxy S4/S5 etc.

Otherwise, I would have bought a 2nd gen eyes closed
Old 20th June 2015, 15:20   #10811
BHPian

Quote:
I own a moto X 1st gen

I am looking one for my wife. She wants something with a good camera and frankly, even the 2nd gen Moto X doesn't have a great camera when compared to the likes of Samsung Galaxy S4/S5 etc.

If you want the best camera and are willing to compromise on other aspects of the phone like UI and build quality then certainly the GS5 is the best bet.

There are other phones you could look at if you are willing to forego camera quality for other benefits.
Asus Zenfone 2 is a great VFM phone with good performance but has an average camera. You could look at the LG G3 which has a comparable camera to the S5, with the added benefit of a brilliant screen.

Also, if you are open to buying an iPhone, then the 5S has one of the better cameras in that price range.
Old 20th June 2015, 18:27   #10812
BHPian

Quote:
I own a moto X 1st gen

Camera being your main concern, look no further than Sony Z2, in your budget, with a brilliant shooter at the back. For the selfie lovers HTC 826 should be it.
Samsung offers phenomenal hardware but the sheer experience of its pathetic UI leaves a bad taste and many users have moved away from android coz of that. If you can manage with a laggy software (not suggested) S4 or S5 make sense, else don't even name them.
Old 20th June 2015, 20:14   #10813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelator View Post
Try this..goto Settings > Accessibility and turn off "Reminder for notifications".
Hopefully it should solve your problem.
Hi
Just saw you response. It worked. Thanks.
Old 21st June 2015, 00:15   #10814
BHPian

Quote:
I own a moto X 1st gen

As far I am concerned, I found pictures of Moto X 2014 much more detailed than S5. Galaxy S5 is overenthusiastic in software filtering which results into heavy water painting kind of effects and lesser detailed pictures.

MotoX camera doesn't pretend to be what its not. It just captures the shots and applies very minimum software filtering which results into a smaller loss of details whereas S5 applies massive software filtering. When you see the pictures on phone screen, they may look nice but as soon as you download them on computer and zoom out, you will find the details are missing. They have very heavy 'water painting' like effect. Edges around objects feel very artificial. It gives false belief of having 'cleaner' pictures and maybe more people like cell phone pictures that way but I don't like that, I prefer more details, more RAW data.

S6 captures very good picture compared to S5, but just good, nothing exceptional. Nexus 6 also does the same thing, same kind of water smudge effect all over the picture and critics appreciated it's camera. But I just hate that kind of effect/filtering which actually eats up the details from the pictures in the process of clearing up the noise.

I liked the HTC M8 pictures. Effective resolution is low but the captured shots have far cleaner and detailed pixels. IMO thats how cellphone camera should be. These 13Mp, 16MP, 21MP etc are just marketing gimmicks, in reality mobile sensors are not yet worth to push anything beyond 5-6MP. Capture the shots at maximum offered resolution but downsize them to around 3-5MP without applying any noise filtering and you have nice looking picture at that downsized resolution.

If camera is the sole priority then better to invest in any entry level DSLR or mirrorless camera which have far greater sensors for that much price, do not waste money on a gadget which you otherwise will throw away after a year or so, whereas a real camera will keep doing the job for years without getting outdated like a smartphone.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 21st June 2015 at 00:18.
Old 21st June 2015, 08:08   #10815
Senior - BHPian

^^^
As I told this is for my wife.
I don't care about camera much in a mobile phone. I have a DSLR already but yes, I do not take it everywhere. Wifey obviously is not comfortable carrying around the DSLR.
Mobile camera is a substitute for the ordinary point and shoot ones and not for a DSLR or mirrorless.

Anyways, I don't think Moto X2014 has a better camera compared to the S5. The dynamic range of the S5 is better and also the lens has a far more wider aperture. Also, the sensor of the S5 is way bigger than the Moto X.
How does the HTC 13 MP camera compare to the Moto X 2014 or the Galaxy S4/S5?

Last edited by adimicra : 21st June 2015 at 08:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks