Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2015, 06:06   #10726
BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu.t.k View Post
Asus Zenofone 2

With regards to the "unbreakable" part, my son (1year old) loves to test everything by throwing it down on the floor, or from the 1st floor balcony!!
Asus has really great reviews wrt the great hardware combination. We have however, experienced better usability and longevity on Moto. Network, GPS, sound modules tend to show better performance over an extended period of time as compared to most of the others. You also get the near stock Android experience along with quicker updates. Not to mention the better build quality and reliable service support of the Moto phones.

You can check the Moto G2 armor cases here http://www.ebay.in/sch/i.html?_from=...armour&_sop=15
Old 15th May 2015, 12:39   #10727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
Hey guys,
Looking for an Android phone around 5K for a relative.

I personally use Asus Zenfone 4. The only problems I face are, heating with continuous use of navigation and battery life. Thought of recommending it since the person won't use it for prolonged periods and the above 2 issues won't matter much to him.

I started looking at other decent options as well,

Android one was the only alternative. But 4GB internal memory was the deal breaker.

Looked at Moto E as well(1st gen, even though out of budget). Lack of front facing camera was the deal breaker.

Any new good android phones coming soon around 5K? Requirements - Decent performance, 1GB RAM, 8GB Internal Storage, Front Camera.

Thanks.
You should spend more 2k and buy the new YU YUPHORIA! I'm planning to buy that phone too, since my budget is only 7k. And it beats every phone in that range. But, it'll come out on sale by 28th of this month! That too on registration basis...
Old 15th May 2015, 13:46   #10728
BHPian

Hello all,
I currently use a very basic Android phone. That phone has started developing problems and day by day is getting impossible to use. I am a school student, so I don't use a phone much. I would use my phone for browsing Team-BHP and Wikipedia, listening to music and occasionally playing light games like Dots.

I might get a phone on my birthday at the end of this month. My budget is around 8K.

Oh yes, I love fiddling around with software. So I had set my eyes on the Yuphoria, which will be running CyanogenMod. But reliability is very much needed for me. And I intend to keep the phone for a greater duration. Also, a good camera is also a benefit.

I was looking at the Moto E. Can BHPians suggest?

Cheers,
petrolhead_neel
Old 15th May 2015, 14:06   #10729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayr70n_5enna View Post
You should spend more 2k and buy the new YU YUPHORIA! I'm planning to buy that phone too, since my budget is only 7k. And it beats every phone in that range.
Hmmm...! Specs war.
So does it beat this one also in this price range:

Yotaphone C6990 @ Rs 6,999/-

White and black were available till yesterday but now only black one is available at this price. Looks like limited stock availability. And more importantly its not Chinese or pseudo Indian (Chinese stuff in Indian packaging), its Russian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead_neel View Post
Oh yes, I love fiddling around with software. So I had set my eyes on the Yuphoria, which will be running CyanogenMod. But reliability is very much needed for me. And I intend to keep the phone for a greater duration. Also, a good camera is also a benefit.
I would rather bet on something like Moto E2 in this price bracket if reliability and longevity of the product are more important for me than getting lot of stuffs per penny I spend.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 15th May 2015 at 14:08.
Old 15th May 2015, 14:15   #10730
Senior - BHPian

About this Yotafone, Zenphone, Euphoria and so on.

Guys, it might be that these phones have much better specs than the known brands.

But what about when the phone goes bad? What about the after sales? In India, A.S.S is a big issue, specially with mobile phones.

Are these brands reliable when it comes to servicing/centers?
Old 15th May 2015, 18:48   #10731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Hmmm...! Specs war.
So does it beat this one also in this price range:

Yotaphone C6990 @ Rs 6,999/-

White and black were available till yesterday but now only black one is available at this price. Looks like limited stock availability. And more importantly its not Chinese or pseudo Indian (Chinese stuff in Indian packaging), its Russian.

I would rather bet on something like Moto E2 in this price bracket if reliability and longevity of the product are more important for me than getting lot of stuffs per penny I spend.
Thanks!

Reliability is definitely something very important for me. How does the E2 fare against the other phones in terms of camera and processing speed? Any other phones which can be suggested? The VGA of the E2 is a big downside.
Old 15th May 2015, 19:07   #10732
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks!

Reliability is definitely something very important for me. How does the E2 fare against the other phones in terms of camera and processing speed? Any other phones which can be suggested? The VGA of the E2 is a big downside.
Specs * Reliability * Price = Constant

You'll have to compromise on something, your choice what it will be.

If a good camera is a must-have, you may need to stretch a bit to get something in the 10-12k range. Some decent cameras to be had there. I know suggesting Samsung phones is smartphone blasphemy, but they do have the most decent cameras in the lower mid-range. My 3 generations old S3 still clicks better pics than most latest devices of similar spec.
Old 15th May 2015, 19:16   #10733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Specs * Reliability * Price = Constant

You'll have to compromise on something, your choice what it will be.

If a good camera is a must-have, you may need to stretch a bit to get something in the 10-12k range. .
What options are worth considering if I stretch the budget?
Old 15th May 2015, 19:28   #10734
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What options are worth considering if I stretch the budget?
In that range:

Reliable, well built, minimal bloatware, vanilla Android, decent/ok camera (some apps may improve camera results): Moto G2
Reliable, plastic build, OEM bloatware, ok/good camera - Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo (slightly jazzed up dual-sim variant of original S3)
If open to Windows Phone, Lumia 730. Decent specs for your requirement.
Some HTC Desire mid-rangers may also be available close to that budget, though I'm not sure they're worth your money.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 15th May 2015 at 19:56.
Old 15th May 2015, 19:48   #10735
KRN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu.t.k View Post
I looking for a good all rounder smart phone with lollipop, under 10K.

The priorities would be rich and clear fast, memory, good display, good battery life and preferably "unbreakable"..

Any suggestions, I intend to buy in the 2nd half of June, so anything that releases around that time is also fine.

You should wait for the Moto G 3rd gen. There was a news article that it was accidentally displayed on the flipkart site. The launch should be sometime soon hopefully.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Flipk...Moto-G_id69291
Old 15th May 2015, 20:19   #10736
BHPian

Hi
Could One plus One users in the forum advise if they are facing problems after installing the software update. As indicated in my earlier posts the mobile used to switch off.
The service centre advises "Do not upgrade the software" and its back to the original setting.
Appreciate your inputs if any..
Thanks.
Old 15th May 2015, 21:39   #10737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayr70n_5enna View Post
You should spend more 2k and buy the new YU YUPHORIA! I'm planning to buy that phone too, since my budget is only 7k. And it beats every phone in that range. But, it'll come out on sale by 28th of this month! That too on registration basis...
Thanks, but the phone was already bought a week back or so and the budget was very strict.
Old 18th May 2015, 16:03   #10738
BHPian

Quote:
Hello all,
I currently use a very basic Android phone. That phone has started developing problems and day by day is getting impossible to use. I am a school student, so I don't use a phone much. I would use my phone for browsing Team-BHP and Wikipedia, listening to music and occasionally playing light games like Dots.

I might get a phone on my birthday at the end of this month. My budget is around 8K.

I was looking at the Moto E. Can BHPians suggest?

Cheers,
petrolhead_neel
Hello again,
The iPhone bug has bit me again. Way back in 2013, I had fell in love with the iPhone. Well now, it's again the same situation. I was looking at the iPhone 4S at Flipkart. Its available for a mere 13K bucks.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Neel
Old 18th May 2015, 17:24   #10739
BHPian

Quote:
Hello again,
Well now, it's again the same situation. I was looking at the iPhone 4S at Flipkart. Its available for a mere 13K bucks.

Please suggest.
Although the offer is irresistible i would say stay away from 8GB model. By the time you start enjoying your phone the memory will be full.

I am using a IPhone 5c 16 GB model and even find 12.5 GB available memory inadequate
Old 18th May 2015, 17:24   #10740
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hello again,
The iPhone bug has bit me again. Way back in 2013, I had fell in love with the iPhone. Well now, it's again the same situation. I was looking at the iPhone 4S at Flipkart. Its available for a mere 13K bucks.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Neel

4S is (really) old spec, but it does seem to meet your specific requirements very well. iPhones have always had decent cameras from what I can tell, and your overall requirements seem light enough for the 4S to keep you satisfied for a couple of years.

Do keep in mind that it's still old tech at the end of the day, and upgrade support is already dwindling. If you're OK with buying an old but robust device, it's worth a go. I'd have suggested the 5C to make your purchase slightly more future-proof, but it may stretch your budget a bit too much.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks