Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2015, 14:40   #10681
BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

I lost my nexus 5, awesome phone it was while it lasted, only gripe being its small battery capacity. Looking to buy a new phone in coming 2-3 months. Cant find a suitable replacement in the current market scenario. Flipkart sent a teaser, people thought it would be Moto Maxx but sadly it turned out to be new MotoE. Moto Maxx is a phone with beefy battery (3900 mAH). Any other suggestions? I would like to have an highend phone with good battery back up, stock /close to stock android is preferrable. I travel a lot, battery capacity is essential.
Old 6th March 2015, 14:52   #10682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSharan View Post
I lost my nexus 5, awesome phone it was while it lasted, only gripe being its small battery capacity. Looking to buy a new phone in coming 2-3 months. Cant find a suitable replacement in the current market scenario. Flipkart sent a teaser, people thought it would be Moto Maxx but sadly it turned out to be new MotoE. Moto Maxx is a phone with beefy battery (3900 mAH). Any other suggestions? I would like to have an highend phone with good battery back up, stock /close to stock android is preferrable. I travel a lot, battery capacity is essential.

Why not the Nexus 6?

As Moto says, it's a bigger phone with more of everything.
Old 9th March 2015, 11:54   #10683
BHPian

Quote:
Flipkart sent a teaser, people thought it would be Moto Maxx but sadly it turned out to be new MotoE.
Its indeed Moto Maxx/Turbo and Flipkart has started taking preorders now: http://www.flipkart.com/moto-turbo/p...5-853b40760da9
Old 10th March 2015, 15:00   #10684
BHPian

Quote:
I lost my nexus 5,
I too am in the same boat. I broke my Nexus 5 screen and had to digest the 7k screen replacement cost simply because I couldn't find anything currently to replace it with. The phablet sized Nexus 6 just killed it for me by becoming ungainly and big.

I too am constantly looking out for a suitable replacement for Nexus 5. The Droid Turbo doesn't convince me and hence decided to bear the extra cost for the screen replacement and continue with the phone for next 6 months.

My speculation is the Google will come up with a 5 inch replacement for the nexus 5 simply because of the potential that is out there of current Nexus 5 users.
Old 10th March 2015, 15:41   #10685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
I too am in the same boat. I broke my Nexus 5 screen and had to digest the 7k screen replacement cost simply because I couldn't find anything currently to replace it with. The phablet sized Nexus 6 just killed it for me by becoming ungainly and big.

I too am constantly looking out for a suitable replacement for Nexus 5. The Droid Turbo doesn't convince me and hence decided to bear the extra cost for the screen replacement and continue with the phone for next 6 months.

My speculation is the Google will come up with a 5 inch replacement for the nexus 5 simply because of the potential that is out there of current Nexus 5 users.
N6 is a great phone. Transition to a nexus 6 is not too bad from a nexus 5. All it took was two days for me to get familiar with the size. My hands are pretty medium sized. Its an amazing phone and perfect upgrade from n5. And dont expect a nexus 5 replacement from google anytime soon
Old 10th March 2015, 21:39   #10686
BHPian

Quote:
how about this Gionee M2 phone?
http://www.desidime.com/forums/hot-d...9-lowest-price

Not a bad deal at 7k .. gives a 4.2AH battery too.
Old 11th March 2015, 12:22   #10687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Why not the Nexus 6?

As Moto says, it's a bigger phone with more of everything.
Nexus 6 is a bit too big for me and too costly. Hence I ruled it out. I love the nexus devices with the top end features and they are the first one's to get updates. But unless Google comes up with a 5'' nexus device, I am staying away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Its indeed Moto Maxx/Turbo and Flipkart has started taking preorders now: http://www.flipkart.com/moto-turbo/p...5-853b40760da9
Yeah, Finally Motorola has launched and my eyes are set on that. Will save for 2-3 months and buy the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post

Droid turbo is an awesome phone, I've been through the reviews. The 5" replacement for nexus 5 is not in vicinity any near in future. Plus Motorola has the least customizations present on stock android, usually this enables faster update cycles and maintains the original flavor of android.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b16h22 View Post
N6 is a great phone. Transition to a nexus 6 is not too bad from a nexus 5. All it took was two days for me to get familiar with the size. My hands are pretty medium sized. Its an amazing phone and perfect upgrade from n5. And dont expect a nexus 5 replacement from google anytime soon
I hope google listens to us and launches a new nexus for people who are comfortable with 5" phones. This time the nexus may be manufactured by two OEMs- Huawei and LG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
how about this Gionee M2 phone?
http://www.desidime.com/forums/hot-d...9-lowest-price

Not a bad deal at 7k .. gives a 4.2AH battery too.
No offence, but I do not like the chinese brands ...with an exception of Xiaomi.
Old 11th March 2015, 12:31   #10688
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, Finally Motorola has launched and my eyes are set on that. Will save for 2-3 months and buy the same.

Droid turbo is an awesome phone, I've been through the reviews....
If you have made up mind for that then do get that one.

I have been using Moto X2 since dec'14 and literally I don't find anything even today which can beat this 'smarter than rest' phone in terms of personalized user experience, even Nexus 6 rests one step behind.

If you go for Turbo, you get specs of Nexus6 in compact body + personalized smarter features of MotoX and that is one killer combination.
Old 11th March 2015, 12:57   #10689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
I have been using Moto X2 since dec'14 and literally I don't find anything even today which can beat this 'smarter than rest' phone in terms of personalized user experience, even Nexus 6 rests one step behind.
I am not averse to buy Moto X2 since it is cheaper, but I'm not sure on the battery life it can provide. My use is extensive for calls, emails and internet. Used for GPS in case I've to travel to Client locations. Because of frequent traveling, I cant keep charging my phone often.
Old 14th March 2015, 18:42   #10690
BHPian

Split between Moto E (2nd Gen) & Lenovo A6000 for my teenaged cousin.

Both are great VFM.
Both have decent specs.
Both are 6999 on Flipkart.
Both have excellent reviews.

So, which one & why?
Old 14th March 2015, 19:01   #10691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Split between Moto E (2nd Gen) & Lenovo A6000 for my teenaged cousin.

Both are great VFM.
Both have decent specs.
Both are 6999 on Flipkart.
Both have excellent reviews.

So, which one & why?
Lenovo A6000 has a 8mp rear cam with an led flash and a better front cam for selfies. Battery backup is pretty good. It also has dual speakers. It is a really good deal IF you manage to get one in the flash sale.

A good review :
Lenovo A6000 Review!:
Old 18th March 2015, 07:05   #10692
BHPian

Need recommendations. On the lookout for a cell for an elderly relative. Budget is around 20k. Usage mix in order of priorities are:
1. Calling
2. Camera
3. SMS/WhatsApp

I don't think there will be any app download our significant browsing usage. Of course battery life and general reliability/stability is a consideration given he is a senior citizen. No platform preference as such. He is using a galaxy S2 at the moment.

I am considering the galaxy s4 available at Amazon now for 18k. Would that meet the requirements? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited by DaiusPitar : 18th March 2015 at 07:06.
Old 31st March 2015, 12:54   #10693
BHPian

I have HTC One M7 and the gorilla glass protection has broken while the touch screen is still okay.

HTC service center is quoting 12K INR for replacement whereas outside its around 4k. Need some advice on reliable after market replacement/ repair shops in Delhi.

Also would you recommend I change as the touch is working beautifully and the colors are accurate. Not really sure if the aftermarket solution will have same touch sensitivity and colors. Please suggest.

Thanks!
Old 31st March 2015, 17:03   #10694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiusPitar View Post
Need recommendations. On the lookout for a cell for an elderly relative. Budget is around 20k. Usage mix in order of priorities are:
1. Calling
2. Camera
3. SMS/WhatsApp

I don't think there will be any app download our significant browsing usage. Of course battery life and general reliability/stability is a consideration given he is a senior citizen. No platform preference as such. He is using a galaxy S2 at the moment.

I am considering the galaxy s4 available at Amazon now for 18k. Would that meet the requirements? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks
If you are still on the lookout for the phone, then I would suggest the Oneplus One. It's got a great camera and smooth operability.
Stay clear of the the S4, its a 2 year old phone and it won't get any updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
I have HTC One M7 and the gorilla glass protection has broken while the touch screen is still okay.

HTC service center is quoting 12K INR for replacement whereas outside its around 4k. Need some advice on reliable after market replacement/ repair shops in Delhi.

Also would you recommend I change as the touch is working beautifully and the colors are accurate. Not really sure if the aftermarket solution will have same touch sensitivity and colors. Please suggest.

Thanks!
I doubt the aftermarket replacement would be a Gorilla Glass Screen for 4k. It would in all likelihood be a regular glass screen for One M7. If the actual touch screen is not broken, then the colour accuracy of the display would not be hampered.
HTC have really good after sales services, and if you are worried about the issues that might occur when replacing the screen from unauthorised workshops then, I would suggest you to replace it from the HTC service centre.

Last edited by Marauder : 31st March 2015 at 17:21.
Old 31st March 2015, 18:23   #10695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiusPitar View Post
1. Calling
2. Camera
3. SMS/WhatsApp

He is using a galaxy S2 at the moment.

Thanks
The S4 at 18k would be a pretty good buy. He will have a stable phone with ample battery life, storage options and should anything go wrong there would be a service centre nearby.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks