Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2013, 11:19   #10126
BHPian

Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500) - Horror Story (Battery Issue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
By any chance, do you use this phone for GPS navigation in car? If you do, is phone in direct sunlight near dashboard?
No I don't, due to the fear of overheating. I use a dedicated MMI Navigator for GPS navigation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmolbedi View Post
Raise a grievance on pgportal.gov.in find the appropriate ministry that caters to mobile industry.. Should be mobile and telecom. Give complete details of your case and then see the action.
pgportal is for grievances against the government agencies. I think better place would be the consumer forum/court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond_dawg View Post
show them a couple of articles where Samsung is replacing the battery
http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/s...y-replacements

Email it to them so you have proof later on that they refused to change the battery
In my email I had already mentioned the same, although I did not provide them links to such articles. Will do in my next communication.
The refusal to replace is written in the service record the service center gave. Will try to extract an email confirmation of the same as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Sad to hear about your ordeal but then I have heard too many bad stories about Samsung's customer service.
Most of the people when arguing between Apple Vs Samsung tend to ignore that excellent after sales service Apple provides. Even if it is a minor issue, they replace the phone, no questions asked. When we talk about Apple ecosystem, it starts right from when you purchase the phone to an unfortunate circumstance, where you have to take it to an authorized service center.
My bad for not spending the money on iPhone and wasting it on Samsung.

Meanwhile I have not received any response from them yet today. Will wait till the end of the day before I send them a reminder.
Old 23rd October 2013, 12:19   #10127
BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Hi,

I am looking for a smartphone which has the following features

1. Good Camera
2. Long battery life
3. Decent display
4. Handy in size
5. It will be mostly used for calls/ pictures and browsing.
6. Budget upto 15k max (important)

I have read good reviews of Micromax Canvas2, is it still a good phone to buy. How about CanvasHD? Any one who uses CanvasHD please drop in a note about the performance of the phone.
Old 23rd October 2013, 13:38   #10128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
Hi,

My suggestions (as a rule I only recommend the top tier manufacturers):

1. Sony Xperia L (Android)
2. Lumia 720 (Windows OS)

Getting a long battery life might not be possible on Android (it actually depends on your usage). My preference would be Lumia 720.

Esle you can also look at the Micromax/Karbon/Xolo etc but I am not sure about their battery life.
Old 23rd October 2013, 14:32   #10129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
Meanwhile I have not received any response from them yet today. Will wait till the end of the day before I send them a reminder.
I just received a call from Samsung India Head Office. They offered me a free replacement of the battery and said the replacement battery has been dispatched to the service center and will be available on Friday. I may go and get it changed on Friday. However they have not sent any email or any other form of communication apart from the telephonic call.

I think they still don't want to officially accept that some of their batteries are defective and thus does not want to leave any paper/email trail of such replacements. What do you guys suggest I should do? Should I get the replacement done and them post a report in sites like Mouthshut - to let the general public be aware?
Old 23rd October 2013, 14:41   #10130
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

1. Good Camera
2. Long battery life
3. Decent display
4. Handy in size
XOLO Q800 would be a best choice if you are not too inclined towards the so called brands. Wifey has been using a rooted one with stock Rom for the past 3 months with no complaints. Would have got one for me too if not for the size cos I don't think am good enough to handle mobiles that are more than 4".
Old 23rd October 2013, 15:00   #10131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadnabrina View Post
I just received a call from Samsung India Head Office. They offered me a free replacement of the battery and said the replacement battery has been dispatched to the service center and will be available on Friday. I may go and get it changed on Friday. However they have not sent any email or any other form of communication apart from the telephonic call.
I think they still don't want to officially accept that some of their batteries are defective and thus does not want to leave any paper/email trail of such replacements. What do you guys suggest I should do? Should I get the replacement done and them post a report in sites like Mouthshut - to let the general public be aware?
I would say, get the battery replacement and forget about the episode (and hope the phone works well after that). Its Samsung’s skewed policy that they don’t do one-to-one replacement for defective pieces, and they are not going to change based on what you post to create public awareness. I had my Note 2’s motherboard replaced in the first week of purchase (in Singapore), that too after making quite a bit of noise at the service centre. Luckily I managed to offload the phone for a decent price before the arrival of Note 3.
Old 23rd October 2013, 16:07   #10132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

1. Good Camera
2. Long battery life
3. Decent display
4. Handy in size

I have read good reviews of Micromax Canvas2, is it still a good phone to buy. How about CanvasHD? Any one who uses CanvasHD please drop in a note about the performance of the phone.
I have been using a Canvas 2 for almost a year now. Rooted and Running the LeWa ROM. The Xolo Q800 or Q1000 are also good options which you might want to explore
Old 25th October 2013, 15:35   #10133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I would say, get the battery replacement and forget about the episode (and hope the phone works well after that). Its Samsung’s skewed policy that they don’t do one-to-one replacement for defective pieces, and they are not going to change based on what you post to create public awareness. I had my Note 2’s motherboard replaced in the first week of purchase (in Singapore), that too after making quite a bit of noise at the service centre. Luckily I managed to offload the phone for a decent price before the arrival of Note 3.
It does not matter what their policy is. What matters is the quality of service that the seller (Samsung in this case) / service provider is providing. If the quality of product or service is found insufficient they can be challenged and forced (legally) to provide required service. As customers that is our right. That is the only way to improve customer service in the long run. Jago Grahak Jago. .

Note - Finally I received the replacement battery today. The new battery is of a different series and is marked as "Cell made in Korea/Assembled in Vietnam" while the earlier one was "Made in China".
Old 14th November 2013, 15:05   #10134
BHPian

I recently lost my Micromax A110, and was wondering what to replace it with. I do not want to spend more than Rs. 10,000 (inclusive of memory card, scratch guard and case). While I would love to have a phablet, I am quite intrigued by the Nokia Lumia 520, which gets good reviews. The only downer is that is has a 4" screen. But on the plus side, Nokia Drive should be excellent, and my Micromax A110 had very spotty GPS pick-up. Any other recommendations, is XOLO any good? My friends say they have bad buidl quality.
Old 14th November 2013, 15:46   #10135
E63
BANNED

Gionee phones have been getting great reviews all around.
But the E3 is a bit over your budget, but every bit worth it.
Old 14th November 2013, 17:21   #10136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi550m View Post
I recently lost my Micromax A110, and was wondering what to replace it with. I do not want to spend more than Rs. 10,000 (inclusive of memory card, scratch guard and case). While I would love to have a phablet, I am quite intrigued by the Nokia Lumia 520, which gets good reviews. The only downer is that is has a 4" screen. But on the plus side, Nokia Drive should be excellent, and my Micromax A110 had very spotty GPS pick-up. Any other recommendations, is XOLO any good? My friends say they have bad buidl quality.
Karbon titanium s5, have two of them with friends. At 9600/- bucks, it quite vfm, check it out.
Old 14th November 2013, 17:54   #10137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any other recommendations, is XOLO any good? My friends say they have bad buidl quality.
My wife has been using the xolo q800 for more than 9 months. even without rooting/modding, its a good phone. no problems with build quality or network or battery life. At times it gets difficult to get a GPS lock but works fine within city limits.
Old 14th November 2013, 18:54   #10138
BHPian

Quote:
I recently lost my Micromax A110, and was wondering what to replace it with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
My wife has been using the xolo q800 for more than 9 months.
+1 My wife has been using Q800 for the past 3 months without any problems. Its rooted but still on stock rom since wifey likes it the most. Though there's this bug with stock rom where the ringtone resets to default everytime but it can be easily overcome with custom rom.
Old 14th November 2013, 19:34   #10139
E63
BANNED

Is the iPhone 4 (not S) a good buy at 15K???
Old 14th November 2013, 19:41   #10140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by E63 View Post
Is the iPhone 4 (not S) a good buy at 15K???
IMO it's too dated now!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks