Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2013, 22:15   #9991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
What exactly is the problem with the App itself outside of the publisher.

The twitter app's publisher is Twitter Inc - what's the problem with that?

Sadly, the Exchange Mail app in my Android searches only through the Subject line of my downloaded emails.
I have already edited my previous post what I couldn't do with Microsoft published Facebook app. Twitter was so far Microsoft published. Not sure when it became twitter published. I don't have any problems with the twitter app though.

I am talking of SMS. You are talking of email. Emails I can search. That option is there. That same feature is missed in messaging (SMS)
Old 8th August 2013, 10:46   #9992
Senior - BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Talking about searching, even the default SMS app on Android does not have sub-string search. For example, I get a message from the sender IRCTCt with my train ticket details.
I go to the Messaging app and in the search box, type IRCTC hoping that it will give me everything from IRCTCt and IRCTCi as well. But it doesn't do that.

I think third party apps such as Go SMS can do that, but they have performance issues (based on past experience).
Old 8th August 2013, 18:37   #9993
BHPian

Has anyone here used Iball Andi series? Planning to purchase the quadro model and the specs seem very good for the price. Any first hand experiences?
Old 16th August 2013, 16:07   #9994
BHPian

Looking to buy a Dual SIM phone for wifey with budget upto 15K. Considering Galaxy Core and HTC Desire X. Any feedback on either of phones on actual usage?
From a specs perspective, Galaxy Core has a slight edge but real world experience would help.
Old 16th August 2013, 16:33   #9995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Looking to buy a Dual SIM phone for wifey with budget upto 15K.
Galaxy Core has a slight edge but real world experience would help.
Core is available for around 12 K online with Manufacture warranty. If you can stretch your budget to 15.3 K, you will get Galaxy Quattro which is essentially a bigger brother of Core.

Have been using Quattro for the past one month and am more than satisfied. Had managed to get it for INR 15049 with online offer.

Cheers
Old 16th August 2013, 16:41   #9996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
Core is available for around 12 K online with Manufacture warranty. If you can stretch your budget to 15.3 K, you will get Galaxy Quattro which is essentially a bigger brother of Core.

Cheers
Thanks. However, as this is for my Wifey, looking more more compact phone. Moreover the extra processing power may never be used!!
Old 16th August 2013, 16:46   #9997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Looking to buy a Dual SIM phone for wifey with budget upto 15K. Considering Galaxy Core and HTC Desire X. Any feedback on either of phones on actual usage?
From a specs perspective, Galaxy Core has a slight edge but real world experience would help.
If you are not in a hurry, please wait for Sony Xperia M dual SIM.

Xperia M single SIM has been launched at a very competitive price of 13k. The dual SIM would definitely be within 15k.

Don't waste your money on Galaxy Core or Desire X. These are not even worth half of their asking price.

Rohan
Old 17th August 2013, 04:40   #9998
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I am planning to buy a new smartphone. Till now, I have been using Sony products like the Xperia X10 and Xperia S. Now, I am looking for an upgrade. My priorities are-

1) Android only. No iOS or Windows.
2) Good screen size, but not too big. 5" plus minus a few inches is ideal.
3) Great camera, that is important for me.
4) Good looks and premium feel.
5) Good list of useful features.

Now budget is not a big constraint. I have shortlisted the Samsung S4 and Sony Xperia Z. I am not considering the HTC One as it has a poor camera.

I like the S4 for its features and that it is better than the Z in almost every aspect. But for that price, it looks too similar to the S3 and also has a ordinary plastic body. Does not feel premium at all. Also, I have heard Samsung phones have issues.

While the Z is not very feature rich, I like the fact that it looks premium with its glass panels and clean fascia with no hardware buttons. But I know that the Samsung beats it in every aspect except looks! Also, I dont care about it being waterproof but I guess I will hate the fact that it has all its ports closed with airtight flaps, which can be a huge inconvenience for daily use.

I am so confused!
Old 17th August 2013, 06:44   #9999
BHPian

Go for the Galaxy S4, you won't regret. Regarding the looks, all Samsung androids look the same from a distance. My friend got one recently, and he has not faced any problems yet. The Xperia is not bad either, but still my pick would be the S4.
Regards.
Old 17th August 2013, 08:50   #10000
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Guys, I am planning to buy a new smartphone. Till now, I have been using Sony products like the Xperia X10 and Xperia S. Now, I am looking for an upgrade. My priorities are-

1) Android only. No iOS or Windows.
2) Good screen size, but not too big. 5" plus minus a few inches is ideal.
3) Great camera, that is important for me.
4) Good looks and premium feel.
5) Good list of useful features.
Check out the Lenovo k900. Ticks your first 4 requirements perfectly, especially the premium looks and camera. Its not a regular recommendation but its just come out and lenovo has just started advertising and reviews have been good

Note: it is an intel based phone.
Old 17th August 2013, 09:45   #10001
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Now budget is not a big constraint. I have shortlisted the Samsung S4 and Sony Xperia Z. I am not considering the HTC One as it has a poor camera.

I like the S4 for its features and that it is better than the Z in almost every aspect. But for that price, it looks too similar to the S3 and also has a ordinary plastic body. Does not feel premium at all. Also, I have heard Samsung phones have issues.

I am so confused!
I would suggest that you try a different brand since your past 2 phones have been Sony.

Have a look at Nexus 4. Also consider Note 2, but wait for Note 3 to be launched.

Rohan
Old 17th August 2013, 09:54   #10002
BHPian

Looking to buy a phone below 8k for my mom. Have shortlisted Xolo A500S which is available for 6.5K and has great bang for buck features at this price point. It is recently launched in this month. Only concern is about the brand as know very little about it.

Any users of Xolo phones here please advice about the reliability and service backup of this brand.
Old 17th August 2013, 10:06   #10003
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearOn View Post
Any users of Xolo phones here please advice about the reliability and service backup of this brand.
I bought this phone for a friend for 6.4k. He says phone is excellent in most respects especially the screen except battery life is a little low and it also takes 4-5 hours to charge fully.
Old 17th August 2013, 10:18   #10004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
I bought this phone for a friend for 6.4k. He says phone is excellent in most respects especially the screen except battery life is a little low and it also takes 4-5 hours to charge fully.
Thanks. The specs. show the talk time to be much better than other phones in the price range namely by Micromax & Sony. Does it atleast last a day on 2G with moderate use?
Old 17th August 2013, 10:49   #10005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearOn View Post
Does it atleast last a day on 2G with moderate use?
With moderate use it should but don't expect exceptional battery life.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks