Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2013, 17:25   #9841
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovergen View Post

Any Idea where i can buy a good cover for N4 , which one are you using .LG shopee has no stock .
Try Flipkart, they have many choices or even Saholic.com

There is never a shortage of mobile accessories on eBay.in
Old 2nd June 2013, 11:50   #9842
BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
How does this look for a power user with more than 8 hrs talk time requirement ?

Lenovo P 770 @ 16.5k
  • 4.5" IPS Display
  • Capacitive 5 point Multi Touch
  • 540x960 resolution
  • 1.2 GHz Dual Core Processor
  • 1GB Ram
  • 3500 mAH Battery
  • Jelly Bean
  • Dual Sim Slot
http://www.thedostore.com/p-series-p770-black.html
Have this phone and am very happy with it. It is defenitely more VFM than Samsung.

See my post earlier in this thread. Regarding talktime, I don't use it for 8 hours but am sure it will not be a prob. I bought it in store for 14.5. Should be available for cheaper online.
Old 2nd June 2013, 22:08   #9843
vsh
BHPian

Hi
I got a gift of an iphone-4s from my brother. So far i was using LG optimus p500(served me very well).
Now trying to adjust to iOS and looking for apps. Please suggest some good apps for - to-do list, expense manager and any other must haves!.
Old 5th June 2013, 00:48   #9844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
Does any one remember Nokia 6100 ?
It came in the market around 2004-2005, and then got discontinued.
It was the first phone that i had and have some strange liking to that phone which make me search for a nokia 6100 even after having a iPhone 4s.
I have searched online and Could not find any good deals.

All deals on ebay US/UK are coming out to be very expensive (nearly 5000 INR) because of the shipping.

First of all can somebody suggest me, is it worth spending money on a refurbished and discontinued phone ?
Finally came across a very interesting deal on the Nokia 6100.

Getting a refurbished piece at $15 with additional $3 for shipping which makes it $18 and comes out to be around 1000 INR.

Thats the cheapest and the best deal i came across till date, as it offers a manufacturer refurbished piece that too with a warranty of 1 year.
Just thought of sharing it here.

Nokia 6100 is simply one of the best looking and most elegant phone i have ever seen.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/321133905153?...84.m1423.l2649
Attached Thumbnails
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-image125949763.jpg  

Last edited by satyamkaushik : 5th June 2013 at 00:50.
Old 5th June 2013, 17:12   #9845
Senior - BHPian

^^^Indeed, it was quite a looker in its time. In fact, the design still looks classy.
Old 6th June 2013, 01:39   #9846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
^^^Indeed, it was quite a looker in its time. In fact, the design still looks classy.
Ordered one today.
The seller charged me total of $27 which when converted by Paypal came out to be Rs.1587.

Will be receiving it in the next 2-3 weeks.

Excited
Old 6th June 2013, 02:33   #9847
Senior - BHPian

Interesting,now after reading above few posts,suddenly i feel like getting a Nostalgic phone,is there a possibility to get hold of a Nokia 8250 some how????
Old 6th June 2013, 02:46   #9848
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ordered one today.
The seller charged me total of $27 which when converted by Paypal came out to be Rs.1587.

Will be receiving it in the next 2-3 weeks.

Excited
Awesome! I'd seriously grab one myself... if I hadn't already bought a new secondary phone (also a Nokia... and its disappointing! Nothing close to the monochrome Nokias of that era). But I need a dual SIM secondary phone, so I'll have to pass. :-(
Old 6th June 2013, 08:48   #9849
BANNED

Quote:

Awesome! I'd seriously grab one myself... if I hadn't already bought a new secondary phone (also a Nokia... and its disappointing! Nothing close to the monochrome Nokias of that era). But I need a dual SIM secondary phone, so I'll have to pass. :-(
It is not a monochrome. 6100 has a colour display.
Old 6th June 2013, 16:08   #9850
Senior - BHPian

^^^Ohhh ok.

Something I just don't get - as of now, almost everyone, including Nokia has done away with monochrome displays, even in their most basic handsets. Even handsets that have no camera... not even a namesake one sport a color screen. And the colour screens are of VERY bad quality and often so bright and garish that they hurt sensitive eyes. The screens are of such poor quality that they are no good even to display a wallpaper. The monochromes were usually so much better, softer white light, more classy and always on (colour screens go totally black when off). Yet they have almost been phased out, even by Nokia. Makes me really wonder if any sense goes in designing even this basic stuff. Even Nokia seems to have lost the sense to design basic phones.
Old 7th June 2013, 00:17   #9851
BHPian

Quote:
^^^Ohhh ok.

Something I just don't get - as of now, almost everyone, including Nokia has done away with monochrome displays, even in their most basic handsets. Even handsets that have no camera... not even a namesake one sport a color screen. And the colour screens are of VERY bad quality and often so bright and garish that they hurt sensitive eyes. The screens are of such poor quality that they are no good even to display a wallpaper. The monochromes were usually so much better, softer white light, more classy and always on (colour screens go totally black when off). Yet they have almost been phased out, even by Nokia. Makes me really wonder if any sense goes in designing even this basic stuff. Even Nokia seems to have lost the sense to design basic phones.
Every manufacturer these days focuses mainly on smartphones, because thats where the profit comes in.
As far as the basic phones are concerned they are mainly targeted at the villagers and the labour class who take a basic VGA camera or a Colour display as fancy features. They don't go by the looks, rather all they need is the best value for their money.

I agree monochromes where classy and most of the monochromes specially designed by Nokia were great looking too.

Quote:

There is always a next time

I grabbed this 6100 with no specific reason. I wasn't looking for a replacement nor did i require a second phone. Just bought it because the love i had for the phone. I know that's sounds strange but does happen sometimes. I'll Still be using my iPhone and keep this phone as a backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Interesting,now after reading above few posts,suddenly i feel like getting a Nostalgic phone,is there a possibility to get hold of a Nokia 8250 some how????
Nokia 8250 was again one of the classic designs.
One of the best looking phone and that blue backlight was certainly a standout at that point of time.

There are numerous deals on Ebay US for the 8250 and some if them are really cheap and genuine too.
If you want any further help let me know, i'll filter out some good deals for you.

All the best for your search
Attached Thumbnails
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-image3157490588.jpg  

Last edited by satyamkaushik : 7th June 2013 at 00:26.
Old 7th June 2013, 02:09   #9852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Every manufacturer these days focuses mainly on smartphones, because thats where the profit comes in.
As far as the basic phones are concerned they are mainly targeted at the villagers and the labour class who take a basic VGA camera or a Colour display as fancy features. They don't go by the looks, rather all they need is the best value for their money.

I agree monochromes where classy and most of the monochromes specially designed by Nokia were great looking too.
That did occur to me. But surely there is a market for the type of phones Nokia used to manuf. earlier. I'd love that kind of phone as a 2nd phone. Their current junk does not cut it. I guess getting one off ebay like you did is the only option for those of us nostagic about the fones of old, lol!

I had a 1112. The keypad was a dream to type on. And this was as basic as a phone could get. Nothing in their current offerings comes even close. Sigh!
Old 7th June 2013, 02:36   #9853
BHPian

Quote:

That did occur to me. But surely there is a market for the type of phones Nokia used to manuf. earlier. I'd love that kind of phone as a 2nd phone. Their current junk does not cut it. I guess getting one off ebay like you did is the only option for those of us nostagic about the fones of old, lol!

I had a 1112. The keypad was a dream to type on. And this was as basic as a phone could get. Nothing in their current offerings comes even close. Sigh!
I am sure there exists a market for such phones too, but the share in the market is very little. This stops manufactures like Nokia who already are losing their share in the market to make such phones.
In the market of Rs.1-2 k, people rather prefer buying those cheap glossy plastic phones playing blaring loud Altaf Raja songs.

For the small section of buyers like us not bothered about the features but concerned about the basic functionality and smart looks, there still exist a few sellers, but ya definitely not in india.

Out there in US there still exists a demand for these phones, which make the sellers refurbish the whole phone and even provide a warranty on it.

For us Ebay is the only option i guess

And Ya i too remember the Super Soft keypad of the 1112.
Old 7th June 2013, 09:05   #9854
BHPian

Quote:

I think the Nokia 1280 is still on sale on most ecommerce sites in india. And it's reasonably priced at about 980 rupees. And I've handled the phone and its very good for what you expect out of a monochrome phone
Old 7th June 2013, 13:59   #9855
BHPian

One of the last classic Nokia styled phone was the C-5 but had the best features including 3G, full offline GPS, front camera, etc. I own it and love the 4-5 days battery life for a smartphone.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks