Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2013, 07:51   #9706
BANNED

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
Karbonn Titanium S5 looks and feels awesome! Really good display with a very very good price tag i.e 11.5k. I bet the back is the same plastic cover as the s3 or note 2..
Yeah, its pretty alright, just keep in mind that although it is a Qualcomm Quad Core, it not nearly as powerful as the other Quad Cores, even those from Mediatek(in XOLO and Canvas HD) and that it can't handle anything over 720p.
Old 24th April 2013, 11:13   #9707
BHPian

Never Thought buying a mobile phone could become such a decision nightmare!

Now that Canvas HD is out of contention (It's running too close to Grand); I am now evaluating Samsung Grand or iphone 4 (with smart phone return offer).
I know this is a classic Android VS iOS dilemma. But can't make up my mind.
Grand with 15% cash back is coming to 17765 on FK and iphone 4 is coming to 19.5K. Both are Within range but the lure of big screen is pulling me towards grand while the finish and sturdiness of iphone is unparalleled.

Pls help, Anyone?
Old 24th April 2013, 11:26   #9708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engrohit View Post
Never Thought buying a mobile phone could become such a decision nightmare!

Now that Canvas HD is out of contention (It's running too close to Grand); I am now evaluating Samsung Grand or iphone 4 (with smart phone return offer).
I know this is a classic Android VS iOS dilemma. But can't make up my mind.
Grand with 15% cash back is coming to 17765 on FK and iphone 4 is coming to 19.5K. Both are Within range but the lure of big screen is pulling me towards grand while the finish and sturdiness of iphone is unparalleled.

Pls help, Anyone?
If you are prepared to live with irritating apple features, like lack of usb support, bluetooth file sharing, going to iTunes for almost every file transfer, then consider the iPhone. Else any day a Samsung is better. Especially with the 15% cashback offer and low EMi schemes. Plus the open features of andriod is far more user friendly.
Old 24th April 2013, 11:48   #9709
BHPian

How much can I expect for a year old Samsung GAlaxy Ace+ .I guess the model number is GT-S7500. Also my previous query regarding MMX pc suite went unanswered.
Old 24th April 2013, 15:32   #9710
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi everyone, I had been using a Nokia 5800 for last 3 years without any issue. Today morning I noticed that its screen is cracked at 2 places. The phone has had its shares of falls but nothing recent. The phone is still working fine and has no issues. But I'll replace it as it needs a new battery and the screen also is badly scratched. So I want suggestions regarding a phone that's at par with Nokia 5800. I'll prefer a Nokia, single sim, with 3G and touchscreen. I wont go for an Android as I'm already using a Samsung Galaxy S2 with JB and all the works are done using it.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 24th April 2013 at 15:33.
Old 24th April 2013, 16:06   #9711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Its been a month and I havent received my guards yet. Looks like 250 bucks wasted. Either way the deal looked too good to be true.
That's weird...I got mine around 10 days after the order was placed. Try contacting their customer care.
Old 24th April 2013, 17:11   #9712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Is there a catch?
What about support issues for Motorola?
Old 24th April 2013, 17:52   #9713
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Is there a catch?
What about support issues for Motorola?
After taken over by Google, Motorola mobile division is no longer selling mobile phones in India as of now. But as per their website, they are providing support to existing customers.

As per news, they have shut down their business in India as off and future in India may depends on Google. Hence, these are the stock clearance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
How much can I expect for a year old Samsung GAlaxy Ace+ .I guess the model number is GT-S7500.
That is an already discontinued version and you have used your warranty. If you want to trade in for a new mobile from a store, maximum you can expect around 3K. I can't say about private buyers; that depends on your selling skill and the type of buyer you would be getting.

But, why you want to sell your Ace plus in a year?

Last edited by manson : 24th April 2013 at 18:03.
Old 24th April 2013, 19:33   #9714
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Hi everyone, I had been using a Nokia 5800 for last 3 years without any issue. Today morning I noticed that its screen is cracked at 2 places. The phone has had its shares of falls but nothing recent. The phone is still working fine and has no issues. But I'll replace it as it needs a new battery and the screen also is badly scratched. So I want suggestions regarding a phone that's at par with Nokia 5800. I'll prefer a Nokia, single sim, with 3G and touchscreen. I wont go for an Android as I'm already using a Samsung Galaxy S2 with JB and all the works are done using it.
Lumia 520/620 or 720 should more than suffice. (10-18K price brand)
Old 24th April 2013, 20:54   #9715
BHPian

My cousin in USA has a sealed nexus 4 which isn't going to use . Can he send it through an international courier . Do I have to pay customs here in India ?
Old 24th April 2013, 21:16   #9716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
That's weird...I got mine around 10 days after the order was placed. Try contacting their customer care.
Hey
Thanks for the tip. Their customer care replied promptly to my mail. I shall wait for a few more days and then ask for a reship or refund. They have given me those two options.

I shall have to get in touch with the mail man about it.

Regards.

P.s how about a small review of the screenguards? Are they good?
Old 24th April 2013, 22:51   #9717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
After taken over by Google, Motorola mobile division is no longer selling mobile phones in India as of now. But as per their website, they are providing support to existing customers.

As per news, they have shut down their business in India as off and future in India may depends on Google. Hence, these are the stock clearance.

That is an already discontinued version and you have used your warranty. If you want to trade in for a new mobile from a store, maximum you can expect around 3K. I can't say about private buyers; that depends on your selling skill and the type of buyer you would be getting.

But, why you want to sell your Ace plus in a year?

My Ace+ is giving me network problems.
Old 25th April 2013, 10:02   #9718
BHPian

Am looking for a phone for my dad who was happily using nokia 1100 for the past 7 years or so. Now that his phone his getting switched off during a call its time for a new phone. His requirements are making calls and 10 sms/month. Pls suggest me a user friendly phone with a good battery backup and large keypad.
Old 25th April 2013, 10:25   #9719
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
My Ace+ is giving me network problems.
What kind of N/W problem? Are you using 2G or 3G ?

If you are using 2G only, then check for Network mode?
Old 25th April 2013, 10:47   #9720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Am looking for a phone for my dad who was happily using nokia 1100 for the past 7 years or so. Now that his phone his getting switched off during a call its time for a new phone. His requirements are making calls and 10 sms/month. Pls suggest me a user friendly phone with a good battery backup and large keypad.

If your father is interested in non touch screen phone then i would suggest Samsung C3322.

- Dual sim (GSM + GSM)
- Good battery back up
- Reasonably large keypad which is well spaced out.
- Big size fonts for name and number display
- Loud ringtone

I have bought this handset for my Mother(red colour) as well as my father(black colour) and both of them use cell for calls and few Sms.

They are using it from past 8 months with single Sim and are very happy with its performance.

Its true VFM in my opinion.

Its retailing for 3.3k in flipkart though i got it for 3k from local shop

http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-metr...6-0c6c2fee9791

Last edited by driving_smartly : 25th April 2013 at 10:55.

Most Viewed