Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2013, 00:37   #9691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post

I remember my dad had one in black. This was the sleeker and more classy looking version of the Nokia 6610.
It was definitely one of the classiest phone nokia ever made.

Finally found a deal on ebay for £44 comes out near to Rs.3000 for a refurbished Nokia 6100 with a 12 months warranty. Is it worth ?
Old 21st April 2013, 11:02   #9692
Team-BHP Support

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
Does any one remember Nokia 6100 ?
It came in the market around 2004-2005, and then got discontinued.
My wife's first mobile phone. We bought in 2003 in NJ, an unlocked version. Wife used it for many years and then her dad used it for few more years. Great phone for that time. Buying it now is like buying a used Maruti 800 ss80 now.
Old 22nd April 2013, 09:43   #9693
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I check out the SP, it was priced at 26,990 here. The ZL in my opinion looks and feels a full class above. Is it possibly to access the static IP for our CCTV surveillance systems (2 sets x 13 cameras each) on the 720?
Also, what offline maps can I use for navigation on the Android? Are these accurate for searching street addresses?
I am seeing the SP online for 25,490 along with free 16GB card and case.

http://www.infibeam.com/Mobiles/i-So....html?id=Black

If your looking at Nokia 720 budget, then the SP is the closest. If your ready to stretch the budget, then the ZL is the best out there.

You can also see the Galaxy S3 which has a 15% cashback and based on the ads, it will cost you Rs.27,191.
Old 22nd April 2013, 10:26   #9694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
My wife's first mobile phone. We bought in 2003 in NJ, an unlocked version. Wife used it for many years and then her dad used it for few more years. Great phone for that time. Buying it now is like buying a used Maruti 800 ss80 now.
The 800 ss80 is a classic vintage now.
The nokia 6100 on the other hand wasn't so popular as the 800 but can be associated to a Daewoo Cielo. Those who had it, knew its worth

Last edited by satyamkaushik : 22nd April 2013 at 10:28.
Old 22nd April 2013, 11:20   #9695
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_Octane View Post
The 4 GB being demanded is by Windows, not Kies.
Your C drive contains a folder called 'Temp', which temporarily stores the data needed for updates, installations etc. If your C drive doesn't have enough space, just move some contents to another partition of your hard disk. When you have available space, this should work. After update has finished, the memory in temp folder for that particular task is cleared. So always make sure you have your C drive with sufficient memory.
Thanks boss.

I have 50 GB partition in my C drive out of which Windows 7 has taken 38 GB and Dell driver software another 10 GB. No idea what benefit I am getting with a 64 bit OS, apart from Windows consuming double the space than it usually take. And Dell, well I think they have a common set of drivers irrespective of the Laptop make or parts make and dump the whole in C drive.

I miss my Windows 98 and Partition Magic 8.0 evaluation version of my college days.
Old 22nd April 2013, 14:50   #9696
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Thanks boss.

I have 50 GB partition in my C drive out of which Windows 7 has taken 38 GB and Dell driver software another 10 GB. No idea what benefit I am getting with a 64 bit OS, apart from Windows consuming double the space than it usually take. And Dell, well I think they have a common set of drivers irrespective of the Laptop make or parts make and dump the whole in C drive.

I miss my Windows 98 and Partition Magic 8.0 evaluation version of my college days.
Check your PC, Win7 takes less than 20GB in any case
Old 22nd April 2013, 16:14   #9697
BHPian

has anyone bought anything from ppobox.com? I am planing to buy a HTC One and its for $580 in US, which is very less when compared to the UK and India pricing. Need some advice!
Old 22nd April 2013, 16:19   #9698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Thanks boss.

Mini tool partition wizard home edition may help.
Old 22nd April 2013, 16:32   #9699
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Mini tool partition wizard home edition may help.
This tool seems quiet interesting. Already started downloading. Let's see how it is performing.

Thank you very much, phamilyman.
Old 22nd April 2013, 16:34   #9700
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I am seeing the SP online for 25,490 along with free 16GB card and case.
I seem to have confused the cheaper SL for the SP that you have mentioned. The SL looks extremely blah, will check out the SP when I go to the gallery for the ZL.

Quote:
If your looking at Nokia 720 budget, then the SP is the closest. If your ready to stretch the budget, then the ZL is the best out there.
I wILL either stick to the 17 - 20K budget (Lumia 720 @ 18K), or then go the whole hog for the ZL (34K). I would have frozen on the 720 if it was packed with 1GB ram, and priced under 20K.

Quote:
You can also see the Galaxy S3 which has a 15% cashback and based on the ads, it will cost you Rs.27,191.
I do not have an ICICI / Standard Chartered card, the cash back is available only with one of these. In the open market, the price for the S3 is between 29 - 30K which is too close to the ZL, and then there is not black for the Indian market
Old 23rd April 2013, 09:11   #9701
BHPian

Quote:
I do not have an ICICI / Standard Chartered card, the cash back is available only with one of these. In the open market, the price for the S3 is between 29 - 30K which is too close to the ZL, and then there is not black for the Indian market
On sunday, i got my S3 with this offer on credit card buy. i sold off my micromax A110. in Croma i checked Xperia Z also but honestly i didn't like the back glass panel quality. it's implemented much better in Iphone 4.
Old 23rd April 2013, 15:01   #9702
BHPian

Where can I find the PC suite for MMX A116 aka canvas HD??
Old 23rd April 2013, 16:47   #9703
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
On sunday, i got my S3 with this offer on credit card buy. i sold off my micromax A110. in Croma i checked Xperia Z also but honestly i didn't like the back glass panel quality. it's implemented much better in Iphone 4.
I too did not like the plastic treatment on the Z, too much area for finger prints to show up. I've zeroed in on the Sony Xperia ZL (http://www.sony.co.in/product/xperia+zl) which is the Z's twin without the plastic case, with a super sexy LED, and rubber-plastic finish rear side. On the brighter side, it is a full 3K cheaper than the Z!
Old 23rd April 2013, 22:34   #9704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Xtremeguard (https://www.xtremeguard.com/) is having a promotional offer. Add 3 or more items to your shopping cart and apply the coupon code 83off3 during checkout to avail 83% discount on the total value. Free international shipping via USPS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post

How safe is this website? I'm going to order a few cases and screen guards for myself. Have you shopped earlier on this?

Oh well, I placed an order for 5 screen guards for the entire family. The price was great. Now lets hope it reaches me
Its been a month and I havent received my guards yet. Looks like 250 bucks wasted. Either way the deal looked too good to be true.
Old 24th April 2013, 07:25   #9705
BANNED

Karbonn Titanium S5 looks and feels awesome! Really good display with a very very good price tag i.e 11.5k. I bet the back is the same plastic cover as the s3 or note 2..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks