Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2013, 15:58   #9586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandishpal View Post
Abhishek,you cant get Galaxy Grand @ 20700 across all the stores. nature of S2 battery is low,Grand is much better comparitively.
Thanks Nandish. Exactly what I was looking for although a little over my budget. Lets see if I can stretch and get this instead
Old 20th March 2013, 17:34   #9587
BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Guys I m planning to sell my Sony Xperia Neo L. Only a month old. It is in excellent condition. How much price will I get for it?
Old 20th March 2013, 23:06   #9588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
Thanks Nandish. Exactly what I was looking for although a little over my budget. Lets see if I can stretch and get this instead
Well, if you are interested in buying one, Ping me. I will tell you, to how to get it fr 19.4k.

Last edited by sameerg001 : 20th March 2013 at 23:29.
Old 20th March 2013, 23:09   #9589
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Please suggest apart from Indian made brands. More biased towards Samsung as everyone in my family has one.
I am trying to zero in on a phone too in the 15k bracket. Do consider the Nokia Lumia 520/620/720. They are all looking quite capable from the reviews and pricing is bang on VFM. Also windows platform might be a little different refreshing from the Android that everyone is using. Build quality shouldn't be an issue as long as its Nokia. I am right now confused between the Lumia 520/620. The 720 is expected to launch soon too at around 18-19k.
Old 20th March 2013, 23:20   #9590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I am trying to zero in on a phone too in the 15k bracket. Do consider the Nokia Lumia 520/620/720. They are all looking quite capable from the reviews and pricing is bang on VFM. Also windows platform might be a little different refreshing from the Android that everyone is using. Build quality shouldn't be an issue as long as its Nokia. I am right now confused between the Lumia 520/620. The 720 is expected to launch soon too at around 18-19k.
Did you checked the HTC 8s, should cost you around 17.5 or 18k depending upon your bargaining skills ( a bit over your budget )

And Build quality of 8s, is better then that of lumia 620.
Old 20th March 2013, 23:26   #9591
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Did you checked the HTC 8s, should cost you around 17.5 or 18k depending upon your bargaining skills ( a bit over your budget )

I somehow always found HTC to be highly overpriced for what it is offering. And hence more inclined towards the Nokia. The recent Lumia series phones are actually incredibly priced.
Old 20th March 2013, 23:39   #9592
BHPian

Quote:
Well, if you are interested in buying one, Ping me. I will tell you, to how to get it fr 19.4k.
Thanks buddy. Like always will count on you

Quote:
Hi Mohit. Thanks. The only issue is I need a good camera. Correct me If I'm wrong but Lumnia has 5 MP as compared to 8 MP of Samsung.
Old 20th March 2013, 23:45   #9593
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Mohit. Thanks. The only issue is I need a good camera. Correct me If I'm wrong but Lumnia has 5 MP as compared to 8 MP of Samsung.
Yup the 520 and 620 have a 5 MP camera. But the 720 has a 6.7 MP camera with the carl zeiss optics which I presume might trump the 8 MP unit on the S2. To be honest I am not a huge fan of the image quality of Samsung's camera units irrespective of there MP. The 8 MP of my S2 doesn't feel like an 8 MP camera to me specially when compared to the units on Iphone 4S and Iphone 5.
Old 21st March 2013, 00:00   #9594
BHPian

Quote:
Yup the 520 and 620 have a 5 MP camera. But the 720 has a 6.7 MP camera with the carl zeiss optics which I presume might trump the 8 MP unit on the S2. To be honest I am not a huge fan of the image quality of Samsung's camera units irrespective of there MP. The 8 MP of my S2 doesn't feel like an 8 MP camera to me specially when compared to the units on Iphone 4S and Iphone 5.
Hey I have the s2 too. Well I wouldn't comment much on the camera but the battery life annoys me. Specially after it reaches below 50% it takes forever to charge. The 720 does sound like a good deal to me. Thanks for confusing me
Old 21st March 2013, 06:25   #9595
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
I somehow always found HTC to be highly overpriced for what it is offering. And hence more inclined towards the Nokia. The recent Lumia series phones are actually incredibly priced.
I have been a fan boy of HTC and was impressed by HTC 8S. I was about to order one but then stopped myself. There were many reasons, no front camera, battery is not removable, priced at least 4K more than Nokia 620.

Now I have ordered Nokia 620 now and eagerly waiting to arrive the shipment..
Old 21st March 2013, 10:59   #9596
BHPian

Quote:
I am right now confused between the Lumia 520/620. The 720 is expected to launch soon too at around 18-19k.
considering your budget, i would suggest you to go for 620 ! an excellent hardware with decent performance!
Old 21st March 2013, 16:36   #9597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
How safe is this website? I'm going to order a few cases and screen guards for myself. Have you shopped earlier on this?

Oh well, I placed an order for 5 screen guards for the entire family. The price was great. Now lets hope it reaches me
Sorry for the late reply...I just read your post. I have no personal experience ordering from them but I do know of others who have had good experiences with them. I have also placed an order and it was shipped day before yesterday. Lets see how it goes.
Old 21st March 2013, 17:30   #9598
BHPian

Beware Nokia, the after sales service is simply horrible and they will treat you worse than an outcast, it took me 3 months of running from pillar to post and i lost R 7,000 in the process of getting the phone repaired and finally got a replacement phone.
Old 21st March 2013, 20:28   #9599
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajusherief View Post

considering your budget, i would suggest you to go for 620 ! an excellent hardware with decent performance!
Any reasons for not going for the lumia 520. The only considerable difference that matters to my intended usage will be the lack of flash in the camera unit.
Old 22nd March 2013, 09:42   #9600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any reasons for not going for the lumia 520. The only considerable difference that matters to my intended usage will be the lack of flash in the camera unit.
- No flash
- No front facing camera
- Lower quality display (poor viewing angles and contrast, difficult to use outdoors in bright sunlight)

Rohan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks