Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2013, 10:10   #9571
BHPian

Already rates have gone up. Before budget Flipkart had prices of 35k for the Nokia 920. Now its at 37k.
Old 17th March 2013, 14:26   #9572
Senior - BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Curious - how come no one is talking about Nokia SAR? http://versusio.com/en/apple-iphone-...okia-lumia-820

I recall the Defy used to get endless flak on this single topic!
Don't pay much attention to it Head level SAR are high compared to iphone but well under the limit.
If you scroll down you will see EU SAR of Nokia is better.
Old 19th March 2013, 16:40   #9573
BHPian

Xtremeguard (https://www.xtremeguard.com/) is having a promotional offer. Add 3 or more items to your shopping cart and apply the coupon code 83off3 during checkout to avail 83% discount on the total value. Free international shipping via USPS.
Old 19th March 2013, 20:05   #9574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells_Fury View Post
Xtremeguard (https://www.xtremeguard.com/) is having a promotional offer. Add 3 or more items to your shopping cart and apply the coupon code 83off3 during checkout to avail 83% discount on the total value. Free international shipping via USPS.
How safe is this website? I'm going to order a few cases and screen guards for myself. Have you shopped earlier on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
How safe is this website? I'm going to order a few cases and screen guards for myself. Have you shopped earlier on this?
Oh well, I placed an order for 5 screen guards for the entire family. The price was great. Now lets hope it reaches me

Last edited by noopster : 19th March 2013 at 20:48. Reason: Merged back to back posts. Please read all posts and use multiqute option
Old 20th March 2013, 08:43   #9575
BHPian

Hope this question belongs here.

I bought a "Universal mobile charger" (one with several types of connectors dangling around) from Carax, Pune. In a few days of usage it has gone bad. (Strangely it works for 1 phone but not for other 2, all with the same connector type.)

Now I want to buy another. After the above one went bad in such a small time, thought of doing some web searches for this item.

I need only microusb charger. So don't need one with many connectivity options. They look very untidy in the car anyway.

I am surprised that there are too few branded chargers available. One from Belkin costs above Rs 2000, whereas "same" charger is available on ebay for as less as 150/- to 200/- (Those must be duplicates, though they bear Belkin logo.)

But now I wonder whether to still go for a branded one with a price difference of 1:10 or settle for the cheaper ones.

Has anyone had a good experience with branded or unbranded car mobile chargers? Will be nice if you could share the buying details.

Last edited by mayuresh : 20th March 2013 at 08:44.
Old 20th March 2013, 09:32   #9576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayuresh View Post
I need only microusb charger. So don't need one with many connectivity options. They look very untidy in the car anyway.

Has anyone had a good experience with branded or unbranded car mobile chargers? Will be nice if you could share the buying details.
What mobile phones do you want to charge with this charger ?

If you need only microUSB connector, you can buy a branded charger from any reputed company like Samsung or Nokia.

Rohan
Old 20th March 2013, 10:10   #9577
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But now I wonder whether to still go for a branded one with a price difference of 1:10 or settle for the cheaper ones.

I had the same dilemna a while back and chose original for the following reason. My logic is why risk expenditure of say 25k to 50k for replacing an expensive phone or iPad or PSP or whatever for the sake of saving 1 or 2k.

Plus a good original can be used for a long time unless you abuse it.
Old 20th March 2013, 10:15   #9578
BHPian

Quote:

I bought a "Universal mobile charger" (one with several types of connectors dangling around) from Carax, Pune. In a few days of usage it has gone bad. (Strangely it works for 1 phone but not for other 2, all with the same connector type.)

I am surprised that there are too few branded chargers available. O

But now I wonder whether to still go for a branded one with a price difference of 1:10

Buy a Samsung original for 270 rs from flipkart or some thing.or rather buy two.

Or buy a universal car charger with USB ou put. And use your original data cable with it.
Old 20th March 2013, 10:40   #9579
BHPian

Hi,

I am planning to pick an android phone and the market is so full of brands that it is getting very confusing.
I have been reading about Lenovo smartphones, has anyone bought a lenovo P770 so far.
The specifications are great coming with a great price as well (12,900 INR) on ebay.in.

Please advise if anyone has experienced or has information about the phone.

Specifications below are taken from lenovo official website:

Display:
4.5’’ 540x960 QHD IPS
Capacitive 5 point multitouch
16 Million colours

Processor: MTK 6577T 1.2GHz Dual Core
Memory: RAM 1GB + 4GB (emmc)
Expandable storage: Add up to 32GB with a microSD card

Operating System: Android™ 4.1 JellyBean

Integrated Camera:
0.3M front camera for video chat
5 MP, autofocus, LED flash with Geo-tagging

SIM:
Dual Sim, Uses traditional Sim size

Ports/Slots:
Micro SD supports up to 32GB
3.5mm audio jack
Micro USB

Battery: 3500 mAh with standby time of up to 12.5 days!

Special Feature - USB On The Go (OTG)
Enables users to reverse the normal USB connection from the phone to another device, so your phone can charge batteries, read & utilize data on a colleague’s phone,tablet or portable hard drive. Requires special connection cable which is included with the product!, devices may require compatible drivers

Fake battery detection
Prevents charging of non-Lenovo batteries, guaranteeing users will never unwittingly have their premium Lenovo battery swapped for a weaker, unreliable or even dangerous
alternative

Last edited by Trojan : 20th March 2013 at 10:42. Reason: typo
Old 20th March 2013, 15:01   #9580
BHPian

Quote:

Now I want to buy another. After the above one went bad in such a small time, thought of doing some web searches for this item.

I am surprised that there are too few branded chargers available. One from Belkin costs above Rs 2000, whereas "same" charger is available on ebay for as less as 150/- to 200/- (Those must be duplicates, though they bear Belkin logo.)

I would suggest you to stay away from the unbranded ones(that too with the 'octopus like' out ) since they might be having spikes in the output volt/amp. why spoil your sophisticated phone for a cheap charger?

I use this http://www.flipkart.com/belkin-f8z44...md7ft3dvyh6udt from staples for 400Rs and it works like charm for the past 5 months!
Old 20th March 2013, 15:15   #9581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Buy a Samsung micro USB Car Charger from Samsung store for less then 300Rs.

The 2000 Rs Belkin charger it actually not just a USB car charger it is 200 Watt invertor with a USB port. You can use this invertor to run laptops , charge camera batterirs or any other such application. I have seen it being sold in Chroma and E-zone.
Old 20th March 2013, 15:26   #9582
BHPian

Hi all,

I want to gift a phone to my girlfriend. She really fancies the s2 that I have and uses Nokia Asha currently.

She being a blogger would require a good camera maybe as close to the s2's 8 MP as possible. Also the phone should be fast enough. Okay with both android and Windows.

I am a dud when it comes to the latest gadgets. The maximum I can stretch my budget would be close to 15 k.

Please suggest apart from Indian made brands. More biased towards Samsung as everyone in my family has one.

Last edited by AbhishekB86 : 20th March 2013 at 15:39.
Old 20th March 2013, 15:32   #9583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
The maximum I can stretch my budget would be close to 15 k.

Please suggest apart from Indian made brands. More biased towards Samsung as everyone in my family has one.
Micromax Canvas HD is in your budget and fits the requirement.
Samsung Galaxy Grand if you can streach a bit and it has to be Samsung.
Old 20th March 2013, 15:42   #9584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post

Micromax Canvas HD is in your budget and fits the requirement.
Samsung Galaxy Grand if you can streach a bit and it has to be Samsung.
Thanks Amit. Reading the reviews online. The price is 21.5 k on the ndtv gadgets section. How much would I able to get this for? Also does it compare to the battery life of the s2?
Old 20th March 2013, 15:50   #9585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
Thanks Amit. Reading the reviews online. The price is 21.5 k on the ndtv gadgets section. How much would I able to get this for? Also does it compare to the battery life of the s2?
Abhishek,you cant get Galaxy Grand @ 20700 across all the stores. nature of S2 battery is low,Grand is much better comparitively.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks