Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2013, 10:04   #9481
Senior - BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

At 160 gm, the 4.5h is sure a heavy weight. But 1 GB ram is tempting me hard. Anyway, I plan to go for some more phone hunting this weekend - let me see if I can get a feel of the phone.

I have read in other forums that there are strong rumors of quad core smart phones releasing by end January. This has made my decision even tougher. I am a sucker for processing power so I am in a dilemma now - whether to buy the 4.5H now or wait for few more weeks to see if any quad code launches are around the corner.

Another downer is that, I do not foresee Andi 4.5h or Xolo getting an official JB update from the respective manufacturers.

Last edited by theexperthand : 9th January 2013 at 10:06.
Old 9th January 2013, 11:18   #9482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
At 160 gm, the 4.5h is sure a heavy weight. But 1 GB ram is tempting me hard. Anyway, I plan to go for some more phone hunting this weekend - let me see if I can get a feel of the phone.

I have read in other forums that there are strong rumors of quad core smart phones releasing by end January. This has made my decision even tougher. I am a sucker for processing power so I am in a dilemma now - whether to buy the 4.5H now or wait for few more weeks to see if any quad code launches are around the corner.

Another downer is that, I do not foresee Andi 4.5h or Xolo getting an official JB update from the respective manufacturers.
Even if MMX and Karbonn brings quad core phones, the most annoying issue with their offering is the pixel density. The display does not look good at the cost of dual core and all. I have Dell XCD35 (8500/-) with 267ppi and now I am really spoiled by its display.

I guess the MMX 110 has only 195 ppi display while the Karbonn A9+ has a better around 234 ppi.

BTW, are there any custom ROMs available for Andi 4.5H ? If we get its chinese name then we might be able to find some.
Old 9th January 2013, 12:43   #9483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Even if MMX and Karbonn brings quad core phones, the most annoying issue with their offering is the pixel density. The display does not look good at the cost of dual core and all. I have Dell XCD35 (8500/-) with 267ppi and now I am really spoiled by its display.

I guess the MMX 110 has only 195 ppi display while the Karbonn A9+ has a better around 234 ppi.

BTW, are there any custom ROMs available for Andi 4.5H ? If we get its chinese name then we might be able to find some.
+1. Pixel density is the main reason i am not looking at the A110.

Andi 4.5h have 245 ppi, so it is much better than the A110, but still no match to the XCD35.

I do not think there are any custom ROMs avilable for Andi 4.5h. By the way, the chinese counterpart of Andi 4.5h is Malata I8.

I have heard that Zopo will release ZP800 soon in India - the specs look really tempting - 5 Inch HD Screen (QHD, 1280*720 pixel display), MT6589 1.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, 1 GB RAM, 8 GB ROM, 13MP rear camera + 2MP front camera.
Old 14th January 2013, 12:17   #9484
Senior - BHPian

After days of futile search, I have given up chasing the elusive Andi 4.5h. If it is this hard to find the phone in brick and mortar stores, I can’t even imagine what the service back up will be.

While searching or alternatives, I came across Huawei Ascend G-600. At 15K pre order price, it does almost all the Andi 4.5 does and then some. I think I will wait till G-600 hit the local stores (and secretly hoping that the D2 will also get launched soon).
Old 15th January 2013, 01:53   #9485
Senior - BHPian

The coolest display i have seen in a long long time. Hats off to Samsung.

Old 16th January 2013, 01:19   #9486
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have any ebay coupon codes that may apply on mobile phones? Thanks in advance folks.
Old 16th January 2013, 08:59   #9487
Senior - BHPian

eBay have a promotion running - buy one mobile, get one free. Link

Other than this, there are codes which can get you 5%-6% discount depending on the card\bank you use. Link
Old 16th January 2013, 09:34   #9488
Senior - BHPian

For those looking to buy a Micromax Canvas 2 , its in stock on flipkart, since yesterday night. May become out of stock soon.
I am sitting on the fence.

EDIT : At Rs.10,800, another VFM option. Not sure of A.S.S. in Pune, hence not bought right away.

Last edited by sajo : 16th January 2013 at 09:47.
Old 16th January 2013, 10:00   #9489
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
eBay have a promotion running - buy one mobile, get one free. Link
Typcial marketing !

The offer is not really a buy-1-get-1, but gives a much cheaper phone free with qualifying purchases. More like getting a 10-15% discount on Listed prices. THe listed prices are already higher than other places, so this "deal" from ebay isnt really that attractive.

eg:
Galaxy S7652 - 15.7k on ebay.
Get a Micromax x200 (MRP 2500).

Flipkart lists the S7652 @ 14.9k

On paper, one can get a 1.7k benefit. But useful only if you want that Micromax x200.
Old 17th January 2013, 11:47   #9490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
For those looking to buy a Micromax Canvas 2 , its in stock on flipkart, since yesterday night. May become out of stock soon.
I am sitting on the fence.

EDIT : At Rs.10,800, another VFM option. Not sure of A.S.S. in Pune, hence not bought right away.
There is another option: iBall Andi 4.5H at 12K, with dual core, 1 GB RAM and 245 ppi display . I might go for the Andi for my wifey.
Old 17th January 2013, 11:55   #9491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
There is another option: iBall Andi 4.5H at 12K, with dual core, 1 GB RAM and 245 ppi display . I might go for the Andi for my wifey.
@neoonwheels If you manage to get Andy, do post a review and some photos. I was almost sold on Andy, but I am not able to see it anywhere (in brick and mortar shops).
Old 17th January 2013, 14:34   #9492
BHPian

Bought a Sony Xperia Sola, feels like VFM buy, only concern might be the battery backup.
Old 17th January 2013, 15:16   #9493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon View Post
Bought a Sony Xperia Sola, feels like VFM buy, only concern might be the battery backup.
Can you kindly let me know the price you paid?

The hardware looks good for the price point, but I wonder why Sony is not releasing a ICS upgrade for this model.
Old 17th January 2013, 15:31   #9494
BHPian

Quote:
Can you kindly let me know the price you paid?

The hardware looks good for the price point, but I wonder why Sony is not releasing a ICS upgrade for this model.
Hi,

Got it for 14400 + 250 (card swipe charge ) for the phone + 8GB sd card + screen guard + silicon pouch
Old 17th January 2013, 15:49   #9495
Team-BHP Support

I have been experiencing a signal fade on my BlackBerry Bold 9700 for the past few days. The network (esp EDGE) is comparatively weaker in many places and it totally goes out of signal in nooks and corners where the signal would otherwise be weak.
I swapped the sim card to another BlackBerry in the house and it behaved like it did prior to this illusion of mine.

The 9700 is really good hardware for me and I'm afraid I will not be able to settle now with the current touchscreen fad. Any particular way or part that I can swap to fix this issue?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks