Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2012, 20:45   #9046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsarmaniac
Ordered the Xperia U from homeshop18 today for Rs 13686. I just hope it gets delivered on time. I had the same requirements as Aargee so the discussion on the Xperia u helped a lot on deciding. Thanks a lot guys!

Last edited by pulsarmaniac : 23rd July 2012 at 20:47.
Old 23rd July 2012, 22:10   #9047
BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Your last requirement says it all i guess. You should get the Nexus range of phones. They are the first to be updated and contain pure Android without any touchwiz or sense UIs. And fulfils all your other requirements also of the screen and 16gb memory.

For tabs please visit the tablet thread for suggestions. Lots of info out there. Why not opt for the resolutionaryn iPad instead of an Android tab?
This new tab/phone i am planning is mostly for the games/apps.

If i am going to keep my current phone and opt for a tab, iPad would be out of my budget. But will surely check both before taking a call.
Old 24th July 2012, 00:56   #9048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
Thank you Raccoon. Actually I read so many bad reviews about Infibeam in mouthshut.com that I got discouraged. I will mostly go ahead with them and place an order for defy+, my first android. Hope it will not disappoint me.
Didn't know Mouthshut is carrying so many -ve reviews about Infi. But as deepakchan says, it seems Mouthshut has become more like a complaint board. rather than a review site. Thats what it will become if people only come there to rant about complaints. Of course the number of complaints also reflects on the seller, but then to be fair, you'd have to compare with other sellers, keeping in mind relevant parameters like ratio of complaints, etc. I'v purchased several times from Infi (not a mobile though), and it has been a good experience generally. Yes, they have never replied to my mails in the past, but have gotten my job done on the phone. Besides that I'v not had much to crib about... not even about Octroi.
Old 26th July 2012, 13:49   #9049
LDJ
BHPian

The ever popular robust Defy XT is back again on HomeShop18 on popular demand!

It's available for just Rs. 13,395/-

I got my Xperia Go from HomeShop18 which arrived much before the delivery date & they've never let me down so far in my purchases!
Old 27th July 2012, 10:38   #9050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsarmaniac View Post
Ordered the Xperia U from homeshop18 today for Rs 13686. I just hope it gets delivered on time. I had the same requirements as Aargee so the discussion on the Xperia u helped a lot on deciding. Thanks a lot guys!
I think the homeshop18 is a super deal which is on a first come first served basis. In case anyone else in the thread missed the deal, they can head to Tradus and buy the U at 13,695 after applying discount coupon code GIFT2000 validity up to 2nd Aug 2012
Old 27th July 2012, 11:11   #9051
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
Thank you Raccoon. Actually I read so many bad reviews about Infibeam in mouthshut.com that I got discouraged. I will mostly go ahead with them and place an order for defy+, my first android. Hope it will not disappoint me.
Complete crap is all I can say. Shopped some 7-8 times with then (more than FK). On time, everytime. No nonsense guys. I will go back to them time and again.

Did i also mention cheaper than FK on EVERY SINGLE item? Serious!
Old 27th July 2012, 13:56   #9052
BHPian

Thanks phamilyman and others for clearing my doubt on Infibeam. Defy+ price is unbeatable with Infibeam. Our forum really rocks ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Complete crap is all I can say. Shopped some 7-8 times with then (more than FK). On time, everytime. No nonsense guys. I will go back to them time and again.

Did i also mention cheaper than FK on EVERY SINGLE item? Serious!
Old 27th July 2012, 19:15   #9053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchan

I think the homeshop18 is a super deal which is on a first come first served basis. In case anyone else in the thread missed the deal, they can head to Tradus and buy the U at 13,695 after applying discount coupon code GIFT2000 validity up to 2nd Aug 2012
Received my Xperia U today in just 4 days. I already have a few queries regarding android.
How do I close the apps after I finish using it?
Can I toggle between apps like I do on my iPad2?
Old 28th July 2012, 01:57   #9054
Senior - BHPian

^^^You don't have to! Just leave the app by using the BACK button. This may not be enough for some badly coded app... but then maybe you should avoid such apps.

Yes you can toggle between app... thats what multitasking is about. But how smoothly you will be able to do it will depend on the available RAM and on how resource intensive the app is and how many you are actively toggling.
Old 28th July 2012, 07:44   #9055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Yes you can toggle between app... thats what multitasking is about. But how smoothly you will be able to do it will depend on the available RAM and on how resource intensive the app is and how many you are actively toggling.
no you can't. He is referring to the multi-touch gestures on iOS/Mac which are just not there on android and thats unfortunate.
Old 28th July 2012, 11:54   #9056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman

no you can't. He is referring to the multi-touch gestures on iOS/Mac which are just not there on android and thats unfortunate.
Yes that's what I meant. I've got so used to swiping 4 fingers across the screen on the iPad that I was trying the same on the phone too. But I already love the team-bhp app on android

Last edited by pulsarmaniac : 28th July 2012 at 11:55.
Old 29th July 2012, 09:56   #9057
BHPian

Wifey wants a new phone. Criterias below..
Big screen
Cool looks
Touchscreen
Extensively used for browsing, twitter and Facebook

Please suggest.
Old 29th July 2012, 14:01   #9058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Wifey wants a new phone. Criterias below..
Big screen
Cool looks
Touchscreen
Extensively used for browsing, twitter and Facebook

Please suggest.
One word. SGS3. But if the budget is a little less then SGS2.
Old 29th July 2012, 17:01   #9059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetfreak View Post
One word. SGS3. But if the budget is a little less then SGS2.
Wifey loves that phone, but against the price. What would be the difference between the SGS2 and 3 ? Is it a wise decision to get the older phone when the newer is available ?
Old 29th July 2012, 17:25   #9060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Wifey loves that phone, but against the price. What would be the difference between the SGS2 and 3 ? Is it a wise decision to get the older phone when the newer is available ?
Yes, it is always nice to always remain updated with latest technology, but SGS2 is future proof too. New Jeallybean would be coming to SGS2 also. Difference between sgs2 & 3 is around 12k approx depending on your vendor. As I have already mentioned, if budget is constraint than SGS2 is a full VFM. Before SGS3 was launched, SGS2 was topping the charts as best phone in the world.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks