Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2012, 21:52   #8956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder_s1

Played around with 808 in one of the Nokia stores..just awesome. The zoom in video and still pic quality are amazing.

With 1.3GHz ..runs smooth and belle fp2 is coming soon as well.
Great.
I ve just moved over to macbook so will try and perform a backup of my n8 onto that macbook and then see what next ref 808.
Cheers
Old 2nd July 2012, 00:52   #8957
Senior - BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Why is there a dearth of good quality (read : Hardware, software) QWERTY phones in the 15-18k price range ? Something like the form factor and the build quality of a Nokia E6 , but with more updated H/W and OS. Am I the only one here who doesnt want a touch?
Any phones which are expected to arrive in the near future ?
You could consider the ones with touch+sliding keyboards. Not that there are a lot of options there, but at least there are some.
Old 2nd July 2012, 09:02   #8958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
You could consider the ones with touch+sliding keyboards. Not that there are a lot of options there, but at least there are some.
Or wait for "Dynamic Physical Buttons on Touch Screens" to come into mainline production.

Old 3rd July 2012, 00:18   #8959
Senior - BHPian

Did Nokia finally see light at the end of tunnel?

Nokia: We have a Windows Phone 'contingency plan' | Mobile - CNET News

Nokia is preparing for a World Free of Windows.... as per this report Nokia is preparing for the failure scenario for Windows Phone 8 and has contingency plan.

I hope that plan involves Android
Old 3rd July 2012, 02:21   #8960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Or wait for "Dynamic Physical Buttons on Touch Screens" to come into mainline production.
Yes, I got wind of that earlier. Did he say middle of 2013? I thought the wait would be much longer. Even if it becomes commercially viable and available by that time, chances are that it may be available on only very high end devices for sometime. Lets see how long we have to wait. In any case not something a current phone buyer can wait for as his next phone, as by the time it may be available at a sane price, it could be time to change phones.
Old 3rd July 2012, 08:55   #8961
Team-BHP Support

Anyone experiencing a huge drop in GPRS speed on airtel?

I've found this on 2 postpaid connections.
Old 3rd July 2012, 09:44   #8962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987
Anyone experiencing a huge drop in GPRS speed on airtel?

I've found this on 2 postpaid connections.
Ya me too. But if you are living in whitefield area you are prone to get lesser speed. Anytime i visit whitefield its very difficult to use the net. But yesterday i was facing the issue at my home. I feel vodafone gives better and faster gprs.
Old 3rd July 2012, 09:48   #8963
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know how good the Motorola Razr MAXX is? It just launched a couple of weeks back in India and want to know if its good. Went to the univercell store but they said it will come to them only next week. Looking at it as an alternative to S2/S3
Old 3rd July 2012, 10:05   #8964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
There is none. The only one is Chacha which has LOTS of other issues.
i own one
Thank you, what are the other issues with the phone, apart from the cheesy name and an overall layout which seems..umm..less mature, for lack of a better term, compared to offerings from Nokia and Blackberry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
Thanks Raccoon. Unfortunately, there arent many choices there too.

There is the Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro , the long dead HTC Desire Z and the Nokia E7 , if one can find it.

HTC Has reportedly washed its hands of QWERTY phones .
Old 3rd July 2012, 10:10   #8965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
I feel vodafone gives better and faster gprs.
I have Vodafone GPRS. It stops working for few days and then it works for few weeks. I am planning to go for Airtel , in fact just this morning, I have got the UPC code for MNP.
Old 3rd July 2012, 10:58   #8966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy
I have Vodafone GPRS. It stops working for few days and then it works for few weeks. I am planning to go for Airtel , in fact just this morning, I have got the UPC code for MNP.
Airtel will cut balance all the time by activating some stupid vas and ive to keep the stop service option. Yesterday they deducted 10rs from my number.
Atleast vodafone doesnt do that.
Old 3rd July 2012, 13:31   #8967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
For me, putting the phone to airplane mode and then back to normal gets the gprs/3g working.
Old 3rd July 2012, 15:20   #8968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
Airtel will cut balance all the time by activating some stupid vas and ive to keep the stop service option. Yesterday they deducted 10rs from my number.
Atleast vodafone doesnt do that.
Never faced this issue with Vodafone. Why does Airtel do that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
For me, putting the phone to airplane mode and then back to normal gets the gprs/3g working.
I have tried this. But since last week the data connectivity is intermittent.
Old 3rd July 2012, 15:52   #8969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy
Never faced this issue with Vodafone. Why does Airtel do that?

I have tried this. But since last week the data connectivity is intermittent.
Airtel does that cause that way it can earn money from customers who dont like to spend on VAS. Ive lost about a 100bucks over my 3year connection with airtel. But they have the best 3g network and im latched for that reason onto airtel.

Vodafone 2g is fast but the connectivity keeps going off and on. Are both of you using galaxy note? Cause ive faced this issue only in my note. Rest all phones stay unaffected.
Old 4th July 2012, 01:55   #8970
Senior - BHPian

Airtel is one of the worst, craftiest, scruple-less company I'v come across. Its the biggest and the baddest of the cartel (Airtel, Voda, Idea) by far. In my stint with them I'v discovered various ways in which they con you. Regular activation of unwanted VAS services, unexplained reduction in balance, wrong setting of their system clock so that they can charge higher in happy hours, very crafty plans, etc., etc. They try thru every avenue and they have it all planned in detail - like the procedure for deactivating VAS will usually not work. Unfortunately most costumers are not smart enough to see thru it. Those that are often don't have time to fight them. And the fight actually goes nowhere, as even complaining to the DoT has not yielded me any results at all, when it comes to Airtel.

This is the story of Airtel pre-paid, in brief, in Maharashtra circle. Almost everyone I know have similar experience with them. Whats more is that their network here is the worst of the lot. Ideally they should not have a single customer... but well, the world does not work like that.

I'v found cheating tactics by other operators also, but on a smaller scale, and I'v always managed to get a refund out of them. But never with Airtel.

Out of the lot, I'v found Idea to be the most honest. Also, their network in Maharashtra rocks. But their tariffs are too high (unless you have a good plan). They loot over the table while Airtel excels in doing under the table.

Between these two, I'v found Docomo to be the better choice as its somewhere in the middle of everything; strictly because it saves me money plus I'v always gotten a refund where they have tried to cheat me few times in the past. Uninor is another good option, with a pretty good network with superb voice clarity.

Last edited by Raccoon : 4th July 2012 at 02:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks