Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2012, 17:19   #8851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up

From what i know, both of them come with beats audio branding.
One S comes with beats audio equalizer(sound processor), however it does not come with actual beats audio headsets.

One X comes with both, equalizer and headsets.
No. You dont get beats headphones with either of the two. They are just beats audio branded which is a sham as any ANDROID phone can use the beats audio feature. Its just a software and can easily be installed on any device via xda developers.
Old 16th May 2012, 17:28   #8852
BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan3686 View Post
No. You dont get beats headphones with either of the two. They are just beats audio branded which is a sham as any ANDROID phone can use the beats audio feature. Its just a software and can easily be installed on any device via xda developers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewhiteknight View Post
Both the One S and X come with Beats branding and processing. Neither of them come with Beats headphones. Atleast not in India.

I've had the One X for a month now. No beats headphones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
From what i know, both of them come with beats audio branding.
One S comes with beats audio equalizer(sound processor), however it does not come with actual beats audio headsets.

One X comes with both, equalizer and headsets.

I Recently Purchased HTC Sensation XE which comes with the Beats and i have got the Beats Headphones.

the sound quality is really amazing.

will post the picture. the new price is 30,000 INR.
Old 20th May 2012, 00:05   #8853
BANNED

Samsung galaxy ace . Tamil font support .

can someone who has samsung Galaxy ace would take a screen shot of the 2 TAMIL site http://ta.wikipedia.org/wiki & http://eluthu.com and post the same.

In the store i checked with 2.2 but the fonts have not rendered properly. It seems with gingerbread it might render properly . So can someone pl do this screenshot . I hope this would help for those who are looking for tamil font support with SG Ace . TIA

when i posted this..The tamil font are not showing up properly . so pl get it thro google . one is tamil wiki and another is eluthu.com. thanks

Last edited by GTO : 21st May 2012 at 14:11. Reason: tamil font in url not showing up properly
shapath is offline   Received Infraction
Old 20th May 2012, 10:10   #8854
Senior - BHPian

@shapath; I am surprised. Devenagri is also not supported, but I have managed reasonable support bycopying two ttf files in the fonts directory (needs root access) and rebooting. Only gets a bit messed up in half characters (halant) and some matras. Totally intelligible though.
Old 20th May 2012, 10:37   #8855
BANNED

sir.Thanks. But from this 'page info ' it seems SG Ace with 2.3.4 does support Tamil .

Tamil in Android Samsung Galaxy Ace – MayuDroid

can SG Ace users here verify this with your ACE latest gingerbread. TIA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@shapath; I am surprised. Devenagri is also not supported, but I have managed reasonable support bycopying two ttf files in the fonts directory (needs root access) and rebooting. Only gets a bit messed up in half characters (halant) and some matras. Totally intelligible though.
Old 20th May 2012, 10:58   #8856
Senior - BHPian

The two ttf files I had to copy into the fonts directory in my htc Droid inc2 were DroidHindi and DroidSansFallback. The latter was overwritten. Should be a similar act for Tamil. After all Android is the same OS. This was done in both Froyo and Gingerbread with the same results. For all I know DroidTamil may be what you are looking for. One option will be to copy the relevant fonts from a functional Tamil phone.
Old 22nd May 2012, 02:56   #8857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapath View Post
Mr Raccoon. I do consider that replacement warranty . But kindly note there are other online stores providing the replacement warranty with competitive pricing like infibeam.com . Flipkart is good - growing big - with huge customer base but unlike amazon they dont provide competitive pricing for many gadgets . That is their choice but i prefer not to go with them when their pricing is higher that too in some cases higher than retail stores . To me that is not fair. The whole purpose of online store is to offer competitive price over retail stores/chains due to their own respective economies involved in business module. Again my sincere opinion. Not Judgement .

+1 to that. I don't agree with their prices myself. And higher than brick-and mortar stores just does not cut it. I'd much rather buy most stuff from a real store and also get ot check things out personally than risk buying online.

I didn't know Infibeam was also offering a 30 day replacement guarantee. Thanks for informing.
Old 24th May 2012, 12:59   #8858
Senior - BHPian

I know that we are in the midst of androids and touchscreens. My wife's W700i is giving some trouble these days and she is looking for a phone around 2000/-. She is basically interested in making calls only, but want a stable phone that would not make her visit the service center in the near future.

Are these Spice, Karbonn, iBall, Lava mobiles as good as a Nokia or a Samsung? I have no clue.

EDIT : Adding good battery backup and capacity to add many contacts as requirements.

Last edited by thoma : 24th May 2012 at 13:03.
Old 24th May 2012, 14:15   #8859
Senior - BHPian

my Samsung galaxy note gets rebooted many time when I try to access any app or setting, is this problem faced by any other?
Old 24th May 2012, 14:44   #8860
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
my Samsung galaxy note gets rebooted many time when I try to access any app or setting, is this problem faced by any other?
Are you also getting a few vibrations and braps at intervals. If so it is an OS corruption bug. You will have to reload the ROM. I had this in my (or rather my wife's) I5510.
Old 24th May 2012, 15:58   #8861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Are you also getting a few vibrations and braps at intervals. If so it is an OS corruption bug. You will have to reload the ROM. I had this in my (or rather my wife's) I5510.
Nope, there is no vibration only the phone gets restarted most of the time. any other way out
Old 24th May 2012, 17:40   #8862
BHPian

Hey all, I have a query.

I am looking at buying a phone for my wife. Here are the specs for now:

1. Android-Gingerbread or later
2. screen size-not smaller than 4.3
3. Budget-around the 20K mark.
4. slim form factor.
5. Age-shouldn't be quite as old as the Desire S or even SII. She definitely does not like the SII, for reasons i cannot quite understand.

Any suggestions here?
Old 24th May 2012, 18:13   #8863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewhiteknight
Hey all, I have a query.?
Its difficult to get 4.3 inch screen with a 20k budget. A bit more and you'd have a lot of phones with the 4.3 in screen. Given that she doesnt like samsung's design And most probably she wouldnt like motorola either unless the razr xt910 these are the few phones you can try
1.htc incredible s(4in screen, 19-20k)
2.htc sensation (4.3in screen 22-24k)
3.htc rhyme (a woman's phone with a little nifty thing called htc charm which is very handy if she carries the phone in her bag and can check for alerts without having to open up and check the phone and wires that dont get tangled) 17-18k (3.7in screen)
4.motorola atrix 2 (21k, 4.3in screen highly vfm)

All the above are gingerbread offerings and about less than a year old.

Ics offerings
5.Htc one V 3.7in screen 18k

Regards
Old 24th May 2012, 18:30   #8864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewhiteknight
Hey all, I have a query.

I am looking at buying a phone for my wife. Here are the specs for now:

1. Android-Gingerbread or later
2. screen size-not smaller than 4.3
3. Budget-around the 20K mark.
4. slim form factor.
5. Age-shouldn't be quite as old as the Desire S or even SII. She definitely does not like the SII, for reasons i cannot quite understand.

Any suggestions here?
Check Motorola Atrix 2, around 21.5k. Super VFM.
If you can wait for few more weeks, it would be worth it, we may see prices going down.

Last edited by F150 : 24th May 2012 at 18:31.
Old 24th May 2012, 18:38   #8865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Nope, there is no vibration only the phone gets restarted most of the time. any other way out
It is either a rogue app or corrupt OS. I will go for the former. Is there any app you have installed just before the problem started. If you have Titanium Pro then you can freeze apps and then try.

This is trial and error. No real options.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks