Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2012, 19:05   #8836
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Guys when is the Samsung Galaxy S3 launching in India? And do you expect the prices of the S2 coming down post the launch? One of my friends wants a smartphone and is confused between the two.
Old 15th May 2012, 23:03   #8837
BANNED

HappyRoadie : flipkart is nice place to go thro user's review. But In the name of "very good delivery system' their pricing for many gadgets are at least slightly higher if you compare with other reliable stores - who may take a day or two more for delivery. so pl compare the price before you shop with flipkart . Iam saying this after going thro several deals for the past 9 to 10 months . one good place to compare price for mobiles/laptops/camera and other gadgets is mysmartprice.com .Just my sincere opinion.

Last edited by shapath : 15th May 2012 at 23:06. Reason: name added
Old 15th May 2012, 23:24   #8838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg
Guys when is the Samsung Galaxy S3 launching in India? And do you expect the prices of the S2 coming down post the launch? One of my friends wants a smartphone and is confused between the two.
Its releasing mostly in June. Priced at around 35k. And if your friend can make do with his current phone for sometime i guess he should opt for the s3 after june. As its got a host of new features which obviously s2 will not get and will be a good long term investment for him unless he likes to change phones every now and then.

Also just tell him to live with the s2 and any htc phone for a few days each. If he likes the Touchwiz he can then opt for s3 and if he likes htc Sense he can opt for the one X.
Almost the same price and some features are same such as taking photos while recording videos.

But the above method of choosing the phones is foolproof if he doesnt want to have regrets later. Htc has improved upon Sense in its latest ics offerings and its more of a visual delight.

He should however opt for s3 instead of the s2 will lose its cool quotient after the s3 is launched. S2 may also see a reduction in price but that is not so clear as recently.its price fell by 2000rs.

Hope this helps.
Regards
Old 16th May 2012, 02:39   #8839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shapath View Post
HappyRoadie : flipkart is nice place to go thro user's review. But In the name of "very good delivery system' their pricing for many gadgets are at least slightly higher if you compare with other reliable stores - who may take a day or two more for delivery. so pl compare the price before you shop with flipkart . Iam saying this after going thro several deals for the past 9 to 10 months . one good place to compare price for mobiles/laptops/camera and other gadgets is mysmartprice.com .Just my sincere opinion.
Actually, the prices are usually more than slightly higher. However, you are forgetting the 30 day replacement guarantee. I guess no other seller gives this. Sans this, you would need to slug it out with service centers if you have any issues. And most of them are likely to insist on repairing rather than replacing. Personally, I don't like the idea of shabby service center people even touching a brand new phone...

Its upto the buyer to decide if Flipkart's higher prices are worth the warranty, etc.
Old 16th May 2012, 06:14   #8840
BHPian

Checked out the price of mobiles on mysmartprice.com as suggested by fellow member and the prices over there are amazing. The prices are cheaper by 1.5k-2k compared to that of flipkart.
Old 16th May 2012, 08:12   #8841
BHPian

My cousin is confused between HTC One S and HTC One X. He basically wants a phone that has better audio quality. Rest not that important. Please tell me your opinion.
Old 16th May 2012, 08:42   #8842
Senior - BHPian

@HappyRoadie; I will be very surprised if there is a perceptible difference in the audio quality. What matters and differentiates at this level are the bells and whistles.
Old 16th May 2012, 08:55   #8843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie
My cousin is confused between HTC One S and HTC One X. He basically wants a phone that has better audio quality. Rest not that important. Please tell me your opinion.
Ask him to try the xperia s . Beauty.

As for audio, gsmarena is the best source
Old 16th May 2012, 09:16   #8844
BANNED

Mr Raccoon. I do consider that replacement warranty . But kindly note there are other online stores providing the replacement warranty with competitive pricing like infibeam.com . Flipkart is good - growing big - with huge customer base but unlike amazon they dont provide competitive pricing for many gadgets . That is their choice but i prefer not to go with them when their pricing is higher that too in some cases higher than retail stores . To me that is not fair. The whole purpose of online store is to offer competitive price over retail stores/chains due to their own respective economies involved in business module. Again my sincere opinion. Not Judgement .

[quote=Raccoon;2778463]Actually, the prices are usually more than slightly higher. However, you are forgetting the 30 day replacement guarantee. I guess no other seller gives this. Sans this, you would need to slug it out with service centers if you have any issues. ( post shortened while replying )

Last edited by shapath : 16th May 2012 at 09:17.
Old 16th May 2012, 10:55   #8845
Team-BHP Support

While on a call; why doesn't GPRS work? If you get SMSs and incoming calls; you should ideally even have GPRS connectivity, right?
Old 16th May 2012, 10:58   #8846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987
While on a call; why doesn't GPRS work? If you get SMSs and incoming calls; you should ideally even have GPRS connectivity, right?
Nope.
Gprs doesnt work. Since phone line and the net is both on the gsm band.
3g and hspa+ and 4g lte work as they are on the wcdma band and thats different from the phone line.
Old 16th May 2012, 11:08   #8847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Is HTC One S already available?? Or is your cousin in some other country?

Anyways, as far as audio quality goes, both of them would not be that different. Just that One X comes with beats audio earphones.. and One S comes with regular HTC ones.
Old 16th May 2012, 11:51   #8848
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by revved_up View Post
Anyways, as far as audio quality goes, both of them would not be that different. Just that One X comes with beats audio earphones.. and One S comes with regular HTC ones.
Doesn’t both one S and X comes with Beats audio?
I guess audio quality-wise both phones should be the same. AFAIK, the One X have a faster quad-core processor, wheras the One S have dual-core processor.
Old 16th May 2012, 11:54   #8849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Doesn’t both one S and X comes with Beats audio?
From what i know, both of them come with beats audio branding.
One S comes with beats audio equalizer(sound processor), however it does not come with actual beats audio headsets.

One X comes with both, equalizer and headsets.
Old 16th May 2012, 17:11   #8850
BHPian

Both the One S and X come with Beats branding and processing. Neither of them come with Beats headphones. Atleast not in India.

I've had the One X for a month now. No beats headphones.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks