Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2012, 14:26   #8776
BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Guys,

I lost my old Nokia n70 and I need to replace the phone. I am in the market for a good phone but the choices confuse me a bit. My requirements are:

Android (Must)
Touch (Must)
Front Cam (Nice to have)
Dual core (very nice to have)
Good after-sales support

SGS2 is a little beyond even to my extended reach. So the contenders are

HTC Sensation
Moto Atrix 2
Any Sony (or SE)?
HTC One V

Any suggestions?

Prajwal
Old 13th April 2012, 14:52   #8777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
Guys,

I lost my old Nokia n70 and I need to replace the phone. I am in the market for a good phone but the choices confuse me a bit. My requirements are:

Android (Must)
Touch (Must)
Front Cam (Nice to have)
Good after-sales support

HTC Sensation
Moto Atrix 2
Any Sony (or SE)?
HTC One V

Any suggestions?

Prajwal
HTC sensation.None of the sonys are dual core.HTC one V is single core.

If the price difference between the Atrix and the sensation is large you can go for the Atrix. Its is better performance wise but loses out on the user interface
Old 13th April 2012, 23:24   #8778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prajwalkashyap View Post
Guys,

Android (Must)
Touch (Must)
Front Cam (Nice to have)
Good after-sales support

HTC Sensation
Moto Atrix 2
Any Sony (or SE)?
HTC One V

Any suggestions?

Prajwal
Do you really want to spend 20+ K ? If not, suggest Motorola Defy + yes, it is single core but I love how sturdy it is.
Old 14th April 2012, 20:48   #8779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
300-400 is fine. I saw 1k monthly for bsnl unlimited. They didn't show data cap for limited plans. If he gets around 2gb for the said price then Blackberry it is will check out HTC Chacha (its a real model name? lol)

Tau, I know BB vs E series, remember I did a comparison 2 years ago when I had both
send me that link again. i am within a hairs whisker of buying the new BB when it releases (9220 or maybe 9320)
Old 14th April 2012, 21:49   #8780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman

send me that link again. i am within a hairs whisker of buying the new BB when it releases (9220 or maybe 9320)
It was on POT Tau
Old 17th April 2012, 16:19   #8781
BHPian

Hi guys

Has anyone here got the One X yet?? I have heard great reviews about it wrt screen, performance, camera etc. So am kind of inclined to buy it. But the only worry is the battery as has always been with HTC. There have been mixed reviews about it though, some say its alright and some say its terrible. I have a Desire HD currently and will complete one year with it on 1st May..
Old 17th April 2012, 16:50   #8782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyguy View Post
Hi guys

Has anyone here got the One X yet?? I have heard great reviews about it wrt screen, performance, camera etc. So am kind of inclined to buy it. But the only worry is the battery as has always been with HTC. There have been mixed reviews about it though, some say its alright and some say its terrible. I have a Desire HD currently and will complete one year with it on 1st May..
I would suggest you to wait till 3rd May when Samsung will launch Galaxy III. One X is reported to have worst battery life.
Old 17th April 2012, 17:48   #8783
BHPian

I don't want to buy a Samsung, its a completely personal choice but Samsung phones have never excited me! But yeah I can wait for some more time to see how the battery holds up for users of One X.
I love the phone though!!
Old 17th April 2012, 20:47   #8784
BHPian

Aarrgh ! It's 2 months since the Belle update, and reported problems with video playback and Nokia still haven't delivered a fix. It seems so odd that my N8 could play flv and avi videos before and Belle had to mess it up. Add to it, free memory is just 53MB now, down from 150MB or when I first got it (prior to Anna update ). Wondering if I should reset to factory setting.

OT : A little humour now - apparently , Phamilyman, this Familyguy isn't from your phamily from the nomenclature

Last edited by Ricci : 17th April 2012 at 20:49.
Old 17th April 2012, 22:30   #8785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyguy View Post
I don't want to buy a Samsung, its a completely personal choice but Samsung phones have never excited me! But yeah I can wait for some more time to see how the battery holds up for users of One X.
I love the phone though!!
As a matter of fact many of us have the One X and I can vouch the battery life. Its very good. Easily lasts me a day and half on moderate usage. Being 4+1 core, hd screen and all it sure is a powerhouse. I am totally loving it. BTW, if you want to buy one, buy the Taiwan built - they dont have any issues.

More discussion on this is in Android thread. I have posted a review too in that thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
I would suggest you to wait till 3rd May when Samsung will launch Galaxy III. One X is reported to have worst battery life.
Well, my one x has very good battery life. None of my friend circle has complained about the battery.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please use the "edit" button if posting within 30 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by n_aditya : 19th April 2012 at 12:49. Reason: merged posts
Old 18th April 2012, 01:10   #8786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
Well G3 has built up very high expectations but it is not going to be something out of the world. All that is coming over S2 is a quad core and 4.7 inch HD screen. pretty much same stuff as OneX. In fact the reality of Android world is, by the time G3 comes, somebody or the other would have announced something even better!

The wait for something better is a never-ending one nowdays!

Just to add OneX does not have "worst" battery life (by the way worst compared to what?). Most reviewers online (be it engadget or theverge or gsmarena etc) have been very favorable about it lasting one useful day even on heavy usage.
Old 18th April 2012, 09:20   #8787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Well G3 has built up very high expectations but it is not going to be something out of the world. All that is coming over S2 is a quad core and 4.7 inch HD screen. pretty much same stuff as OneX. In fact the reality of Android world is, by the time G3 comes, somebody or the other would have announced something even better!

The wait for something better is a never-ending one nowdays!

Just to add OneX does not have "worst" battery life (by the way worst compared to what?). Most reviewers online (be it engadget or theverge or gsmarena etc) have been very favorable about it lasting one useful day even on heavy usage.
I agree with you about tech world coming up with something better than others every now and then.
It was just a suggestion but take it as an information and it's your money anyways.

I read this on engadget about the battery:
"To clarify, we got 12-plus hours of moderate use out of the One X (that's checking, email and social networks, making a few calls, sending some messages, taking a few pictures, downloading a few apps); your mileage will vary. Keep in mind there are differences between the One X and One S beyond the processor, such as like the radio chipset and the display (4.7-inch vs. 4.3, 720p vs qHD, LCD vs. AMOLED)."
Old 20th April 2012, 22:25   #8788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My father wants to change his E63, no touch phones, what are the options ? Blackberry is almost ruled out, doesn't make much sense to pay for BIS when you can check mails & surf net with much cheaper data plans, unless of course you can use regular 3G plan with a BB. Budget is around 15-20 k
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Yaar I disagree. E series interface isn't as good. I pay 199 for 2 gb of sucky net. Bis is 399 . 3g is some 300 odd more but 8520 vs e series, former wins. See HTC chacha, kp has it. I'm also getting one within 4-6 weeks. Sheer beauty though its panned here
Went ahead & bought a 9360, were about to buy the 9700 but shop guy said that 9360 is latest & 9700 is old & will soon be out of production(which is correct).

Pretty sleek & ofcourse much better than the E63. However the app store condition is still as poor as it was a year ago. Its nowhere near Android & iOS app stores.

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd April 2012 at 16:05. Reason: Corrected 9630 to 9360 :)
Old 26th April 2012, 11:12   #8789
BHPian

Quote:
Went ahead & bought a 9360, were about to buy the 9700 but shop guy said that 9360 is latest & 9700 is old & will soon be out of production(which is correct).

Pretty sleek & ofcourse much better than the E63. However the app store condition is still as poor as it was a year ago. Its nowhere near Android & iOS app stores.

Yes 9360 is pretty sleek, but the size has compromised on the battery backup.Probably you could try upgrading it to OS 7.1, you could tap in the built in FM/Wifi hot spot features and RIM says they have recitified the battery drain issues with power save mode.
Old 26th April 2012, 14:33   #8790
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicha View Post
Yes 9360 is pretty sleek, but the size has compromised on the battery backup.Probably you could try upgrading it to OS 7.1, you could tap in the built in FM/Wifi hot spot features and RIM says they have recitified the battery drain issues with power save mode.
Thanks, how do I upgrade to 7.1? It came with OS 7.0. I tried checking for updates & it says that its up to date.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks