Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2012, 09:59   #8551
Team-BHP Support

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I think I did that update when it showed up on my WP. No issues noticed. Whatsapp is working well. Probably some other software glitch on your friend's phone?
I updated the Whatsapp on my HD7 to v1.6.2; works well.

In fact, before I updated it, the v1.5 wasn't working well!

In v1.6.2, each new IM that one hasn't checked now appears in bold and also the no. of unread IMs is displayed below the time.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 12:46   #8552
Senior - BHPian

Official Nokia Belle update coming this week, Nokia Mexico site updated:
Nokia Mexico site updated with Nokia Belle update instructions…Belle coming this week? (Feb 8 still on track?) : My Nokia Blog
Old 7th February 2012, 22:44   #8553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder_s1 View Post
The risk is if you do not follow the instructions correctly, you might end up having a Nokia Branded paperweight.

Once you get used to it then you can play around with Phoenix and revive even a bricked phone to an extent . Also from here on , firmware upgrade will become a child's play for you and you can get it as soon as Nokia puts it on their server without waiting for region wise update.

The best part you can upgrade your old Nokia phones to their latest firmwares if not already done.
That sounds interesting, I'll try it out. After reading thoroughly of course ! Seems from a few posts further that official Nokia Belle update isn't far anyway.
Old 7th February 2012, 23:54   #8554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
Even if you pay 21k, its worth for every rupee. Its 1 Ghz DUAL CORE, 1 GB Ram, 4.2 inch Super Clear LCD Display. Nvidia Tegra chipset, GeForce GPU, 8 GB internal storage. 3G, GPS, wi-fi, DLNA, Dual camera, 5 MP back, 1.3 MP front 720p video rec. Plays all format videos including HD. Can attach pen drive on the go and watch films. Nice UI, document editor. Thin 9.5 mm, official upgrade from gingerbread to icecream sandwich in march. What else we want ? These days its in great demand and difficult to find stock with many dealers. Only draw back is issues with battery backup.
No AMOLED (helps out the battery life ) and every time i asked about the R, the store people were like its an old model and being phased out soon. Furthermore, this is coming: Samsung I9070 Galaxy S Advance - Full phone specifications . Pretty much the same deal as the R, but with AMOLED.
Old 7th February 2012, 23:59   #8555
Senior - BHPian

Nokia belle released in India.
Old 8th February 2012, 11:33   #8556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Nokia belle released in India.
yup and it was so easy to update from leaked version. Just clicked on reinstall from Nokia suite and voila within 4 mins it was done.

Last edited by inder_s1 : 8th February 2012 at 11:49.
Old 8th February 2012, 16:56   #8557
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone help, I updated to Symbian Belle only to see my wife's phone had all its contact list blanked out, when I restarted the phone it's asking for a security code, I did not have any security code on my phone before, is there any default security code for Nokia N8? Neither am I able to sync my phone with the Nokia Suite which BTW is the latest 3.3.84
Old 8th February 2012, 17:00   #8558
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Can anyone help, I updated to Symbian Belle only to see my wife's phone had all its contact list blanked out, when I restarted the phone it's asking for a security code, I did not have any security code on my phone before, is there any default security code for Nokia N8? Neither am I able to sync my phone with the Nokia Suite which BTW is the latest 3.3.84
Try 00000/12345; that's the default Security Code for most Nokia phones.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2012, 17:44   #8559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The default security code for Nokia phones is 12345. If you enter the wrong security code more than ten times OR if you don't remember the security code, you will have to take it to a Nokia Authorised Service Centre to unlock the phone. And it's a hassle going there.

0000 is usually the PIN for Nokia Bluetooth devices.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2012, 21:52   #8560
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
12345 should be the code.

And for the contact list. The PC Suite must have taken a backup (only if you didn't click No backup option). Try and restore it.
Else, see if you have ever saved your contacts list on the memory card. I make it a point to mark all and copy them in the memory card before going in for a update.
SRK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 11:18   #8561
BHPian

Hi All, looking for a phone for wifey between 12-16K. Appreciate some quick suggestions, thinking of gifting her for Valentines...Thanks in advance

Main requirements (for her)
Good Looking
Calls, SMS, FM, Music, Camera
FB, mails
Games, some apps (She sees me download stuff on my iPhone)
Has to be touch screen, no sliders, QWERTY keyboards, etc.

(for me) - if android, i would like the phone to be upgradable to ICS. I heard Defy+ may not get ICS.

Shortlisted -
Defy+
Nokia 710
SE Xperia NeoV

Edit: She is new to smartphones and not gadget freak. But usually my thumbrule is to buy the latest gadget in my budget so that I dont think of an upgrade atleast for 2-3 years.

Last edited by rrahul_2778 : 12th February 2012 at 11:21.
Old 12th February 2012, 12:32   #8562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrahul_2778 View Post
Shortlisted -
Defy+
Nokia 710
SE Xperia NeoV
Nokia Lumia 710 seems really value for money, if the internal 8 GB memory is sufficient for her usage.

Also consider Samsung Omnia and SE Xperia Ray.

Rohan
Old 12th February 2012, 12:42   #8563
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All, looking for a phone for wifey between 12-16K. Appreciate some quick suggestions, thinking of gifting her for Valentines...Thanks in advance

Main requirements (for her)
Good Looking
Calls, SMS, FM, Music, Camera
FB, mails
Games, some apps (She sees me download stuff on my iPhone)
Has to be touch screen, no sliders, QWERTY keyboards, etc.

(for me) - if android, i would like the phone to be upgradable to ICS. I heard Defy+ may not get ICS.

Shortlisted -
Defy+
Nokia 710
SE Xperia NeoV

Edit: She is new to smartphones and not gadget freak. But usually my thumbrule is to buy the latest gadget in my budget so that I dont think of an upgrade atleast for 2-3 years.

Samsung Omnia W. windows phone with an AMOLEd screen. quite a hit with the ladies
Old 12th February 2012, 13:01   #8564
BHPian

Thanks. Omnia W looks good. But does it have the range of free / paid apps like Iphone or Android?
Old 12th February 2012, 13:27   #8565
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks. Omnia W looks good. But does it have the range of free / paid apps like Iphone or Android?
Yes, they have Windows Marketplace, which works similar to the android market / apple app store.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks