Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2012, 16:12   #8506
Team-BHP Support

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
Do i need to delete my existing Live ID and register a new one?
Yep, that'll be the best. I've tried changing the Country in the existing Live ID but it didn't work out.

Create a new Live ID set in US; Reset your phone and sign-in using this Live ID.

You can sync contacts from one Live ID to another so you needn't worry about losing contacts. You will lose other data (music/pictures) though.

Try it out; some features of WP Mango that aren't available in India yet are very good.
Old 23rd January 2012, 16:16   #8507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Yep, that'll be the best. I've tried changing the Country in the existing Live ID but it didn't work out.

Create a new Live ID set in US; Reset your phone and sign-in using this Live ID.

You can sync contacts from one Live ID to another so you needn't worry about losing contacts. You will lose other data (music/pictures) though.

Try it out; some features of WP Mango that aren't available in India yet are very good.
Will bing maps still show India if i do this? Yeah i was really excited that Bing was fully ready to go, but i guess it isnt in India just yet :(
Old 23rd January 2012, 16:26   #8508
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Will bing maps still show India if i do this? Yeah i was really excited that Bing was fully ready to go, but i guess it isnt in India just yet :(
Yep, Bing Maps will show India. In fact, Bing Search even shows the locality that I stay in, in Bangalore.

It doesn't matter where you are; all that matters is where you have set up your Live ID.

In fact, although Bing Maps ain't there in India, on a majority of routes, turn-by-turn navigations works beautifully!
Old 23rd January 2012, 17:51   #8509
BHPian

Quote:
Yep, Bing Maps will show India. In fact, Bing Search even shows the locality that I stay in, in Bangalore.

It doesn't matter where you are; all that matters is where you have set up your Live ID.

In fact, although Bing Maps ain't there in India, on a majority of routes, turn-by-turn navigations works beautifully!
oh nice. Hey i created another Live ID through the Live ID website; would i be able to change the profile through that?
Old 23rd January 2012, 18:05   #8510
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
oh nice. Hey i created another Live ID through the Live ID website; would i be able to change the profile through that?
Change which profile through what?

Rest your phone thru Settings -> About -> reset your phone.

During set up, sign-in using the new Live ID.

And once you have done this, do NOT change the System Locale in Settings -> region+language to India. Leave it as it is.

You can set the time-zone to India of course. Just the Windows Live ID and the system locale in settings needs to be US.
Old 23rd January 2012, 19:02   #8511
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Unless you buy "Chinese Nokia phones", there's nothing wrong in buying Nokia phones that are made in China. They have the same QA processes all over the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
My 4 year old 'made in China' Nokia has withstood so much abuse that present day phones will yield within a month under such abuse.

The perception that made in china is bad is wrong (I can't believe I am saying this, I am eating my own words here)

I have dropped it nothing less than 20-30 times, its been completely drenched thrice, survived two accidents. Once while running fast I tripped and my phone flew a good twenty feet, its still good to go. 4 years,500 hours of talking, thousands of texts, hours of gaming and it still looks good to go for another year. And oh, still running on the original battery,I get two days back-up.
@ silversteed/sachin
Here 'Made in China' has nothing to do with quality. My father by principle takes extreme care avoiding Chinese products. So dont want to hurt his sentiments while gifting
Old 23rd January 2012, 19:33   #8512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
@ silversteed/sachin
Here 'Made in China' has nothing to do with quality. My father by principle takes extreme care avoiding Chinese products. So dont want to hurt his sentiments while gifting
In today's market, practically all mobile phones are either made in China or are finally assembled in another country using made in China Components.

To my knowledge, Blackberry phones are made in many countries except China (Place of manufacture is mentioned on the packaging, though the internal components might still be made in China).

As your criteria is a Dual Sim phone, that rules out Blackberry. I don't know of any Dual Sim phone that is not made in China (whether it is a known international brand or a local Indian brand that is a rebadged chinese phone).
Raja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 18:18   #8513
BHPian

Friends
I am having a LAVA M30. I need to know that how to display the tower name on screen like nokias?
Old 25th January 2012, 18:20   #8514
Team-BHP Support

Here's some good news :

Nokia Lumia 710 smartphone gets a price cut - The Times of India

But these might include the phones affected by the software bug.
Old 25th January 2012, 20:50   #8515
BHPian

Quote:
Here's some good news :

Nokia Lumia 710 smartphone gets a price cut - The Times of India

But these might include the phones affected by the software bug.
i just saw that the other day. I got Bing working on my Samsung Omnia W, but now i've run into a new problem. My WhatsApp wont display pics sent to me from another person. Example, my gf sent me a pic the other day and it does appear in my whats app but then when i try to tap on it to expand it, the progress bar just scrolls and nothing happens. What could be the problem?
Old 25th January 2012, 21:45   #8516
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i just saw that the other day. I got Bing working on my Samsung Omnia W, but now i've run into a new problem. My WhatsApp wont display pics sent to me from another person. Example, my gf sent me a pic the other day and it does appear in my whats app but then when i try to tap on it to expand it, the progress bar just scrolls and nothing happens. What could be the problem?
Connect your phone to a wi-fi network and then try downloading the pic; it should download.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2012, 00:20   #8517
BHPian

Quote:
Connect your phone to a wi-fi network and then try downloading the pic; it should download.
i tried that, still no go. Question, does the Wi-Fi take over the connection from cellular data whenever its switched on...i know it does this in Android.
Old 26th January 2012, 00:55   #8518
BHPian

Quote:
never mind, figured it out..my battery saver was on . The pic is downloading now .
Old 26th January 2012, 09:02   #8519
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Question, does the Wi-Fi take over the connection from cellular data whenever its switched on...
Yep, it does.

Funny thing : you can't download images on Whatsapp unless you're on wi-fi.
Old 26th January 2012, 20:25   #8520
BHPian

Guys, Does someone know the best offer price for the following phones in India?

9700 Bold
9800 Torch
HTC Wirdfire

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks