Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2011, 13:57   #8176
Senior - BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
The Nokia 500 seems great on specs, but Nokia's bane remains the OS. So what remains to be seen is how good Symbian Anna is. It's predecessor, Symbian 3 didnt really create any ruffles at all.
Anna is an evolution, don't expect miracles from it. The changes are mostly cosmetic and performance oriented. There is hardly any new functionality added.

I agree that Symbian OS doesn't have the fancy user interface and millions of apps like iOS or Android, but it has its own advantages.

When it comes to signal strength, call clarity, music quality and battery life - Nokia phones always beat the others hollow.

There are still many old fashioned people like me for whom having these basic features is more important that having fancy UI and million apps. Nokia's phones are targeted at such boring people.

Rohan
Old 2nd August 2011, 14:18   #8177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Need micro SD card for Galaxy S. Some questions

1. Will a class 10 card make a difference? or class 4 and 6 OK?

Why is the Kingston so expensive and is it worth the premium?

Is ADATA and Transcend brands any good?
I had an Epic 4G (Galaxy S with keyboard for CDMA), also got an htc Incredible 2 as had some issues with the former. Was advised by the supplier to swap the uSD cards (Samsung and Sandisk) due to speed considerations.
Class 10 is a gross overkill. 4 or (at most) 6 should be Ok.
I will take Sandisk, Transcend or any other major brand. I know from personal experience that Sandisk Compact Flash were rebadged as Canon in cameras. ADATA I do not know.
Class 10 may not be required.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 19:11   #8178
BHPian

Galaxy pro's price seems to be reducing drastically day by day. When i was planning one to buy, the price quote was 9.4K, soon it became 8.5K and now i see a online quote at Flipkart at 8k.

Also i observed that people who purchased pro are struggling with battery backup problem.

Just to understand what our fellow bhpians do with the old phones. Why i am asking this is, i have dozen of old phones and no one is buying it. When buying a new phone, the showroom people are ready to give just 500 Rs for any model be it basic or high end. Is there any alternative for the same. At least for a reasonable price, the phones have to be sold out isn't it?
Old 2nd August 2011, 19:23   #8179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Galaxy pro's price seems to be reducing drastically day by day. When i was planning one to buy, the price quote was 9.4K, soon it became 8.5K and now i see a online quote at Flipkart at 8k.
Now talk of coincidence! Few days back, the price quote for Samsung Galaxy Pro was Rs 6000, after using the Rs 1000 OFF coupon.

My dad was very keen on getting a Samsung Galaxy Pro for him. But, when he tried buying the same, the price shoot up to Rs 9000, after the discounts.

PS: The latest price quote for the phone in Flipkart is Rs 10000 and NOT Rs 8500.

Quote:
Just to understand what our fellow bhpians do with the old phones. Why i am asking this is, i have dozen of old phones and no one is buying it. When buying a new phone, the showroom people are ready to give just 500 Rs for any model be it basic or high end. Is there any alternative for the same. At least for a reasonable price, the phones have to be sold out isn't it?
I'm willing to buy the mobile phone from you for Rs 600! What say? Deal or NO deal?

Well. The mobile phones depreciate amazingly fast. Period
Old 2nd August 2011, 21:26   #8180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Now talk of coincidence! Few days back, the price quote for Samsung Galaxy Pro was Rs 6000, after using the Rs 1000 OFF coupon.

My dad was very keen on getting a Samsung Galaxy Pro for him. But, when he tried buying the same, the price shoot up to Rs 9000, after the discounts.

PS: The latest price quote for the phone in Flipkart is Rs 10000 and NOT Rs 8500.

I'm willing to buy the mobile phone from you for Rs 600! What say? Deal or NO deal?

Well. The mobile phones depreciate amazingly fast. Period
The price for the galaxy pro is shown as Rs. 10K but there is a cash back of Rs 2k. Please check it.
Old 3rd August 2011, 09:27   #8181
Senior - BHPian

A few days back, price of Samsung Galaxy Pro was mentioned as 8.5k on the Samsung website.

But now the price information for this model has been removed from the Samsung website.

I was also impressed with the features of this model, but user reports of poor battery backup put me off.

Rohan
Old 3rd August 2011, 16:50   #8182
e46
BHPian

To all Samy Galaxy S owners:

Does the GT I9k still suffer from GPS issues? or it has been sorted out in recent batches. or I still have to tweak it to get it working. Responses appreciated.
Old 4th August 2011, 10:07   #8183
Senior - BHPian

Somewhat OT:

Now it seems that Nokia will replace Airtel as the sponsors of the Champions League T20. Airtel pulled out three years earlier, as they viewership ratings were not high enough. I hope the league does not go the same way as Nokia.
Old 6th August 2011, 12:19   #8184
Team-BHP Support

Folks, mum has a HTC HD7 that she got in Dec '10 and is not all happy with.

I plan to swap the phone with HTC Wildfire/S. What should be a realistic price to sell the HD7 in Gurgaon?

Mum's requirements :

User-friendly
Good sound quality

Is Wildfire good in those respects?
Old 7th August 2011, 07:05   #8185
BHPian

Touchscreen not responding - Samsung Galaxy SL i9003

Hey Guys, I am using a SGSL, with 2.3.4 KPE. Phone was working fine till last night, however this morning the touchscreen is not responding. Have tired to remove the batter and put it back couple of times, however that does not solve the problem. Rest everything seems to be working fine in background.

Any views, solutions ??
Old 7th August 2011, 07:16   #8186
BHPian

Hi. Did the screen come in contact with water by any chance? That may be the culprit.

Best way forward should be to take it to samsung service centre.

OT. Does your phone lock GPS easily? I have same model and am unsuccessful despite trying several times. Maybe time to visit service centre myself.
Old 7th August 2011, 08:55   #8187
Senior - BHPian

Re: Touchscreen not responding - Samsung Galaxy SL i9003

Try doing a factory data reset once before proceeding to the service station.
Old 7th August 2011, 09:49   #8188
BHPian

@Bloodred - I don't think water, but normal sweat and all.

@Dkaile - sounds dumb, but I do not know how to physically do it. Any help ?
Old 7th August 2011, 09:56   #8189
BHPian

I had same problem in my Samsung star two years ago. I took it to service center the touch screen panel was changed for free as it was in warranty it took them 6 days. So take it to a service center and get the thing done.
Old 7th August 2011, 09:59   #8190
Senior - BHPian

Factory data reset should be in Settings-Privacy-Factory data reset; remember to take all backup as it will reset your phone to the state that you bought it in. If that doesnt solve it, proceed to a service station with your bill...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks