Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2011, 15:10   #8101
Senior - BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
I have seen many of my call center friends use Blackberry 8830 which has no camera but has all basic features in it. Its one sale at indiatimes for 4k. See if it fits your need

http://shopping.indiatimes.com/Mobil...71/pid/4521647
That is awesome boss! But can one rely on Indiatimes? As i read a comment somewhere, about indiatimes and naaptol selling grey market mobiles which are useless ( though I don't really know how or why a grey market mobile differs from a normal one). Great suggestion though, would consider it seriously
Old 30th June 2011, 16:08   #8102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
That is awesome boss! But can one rely on Indiatimes? As i read a comment somewhere, about indiatimes and naaptol selling grey market mobiles which are useless ( though I don't really know how or why a grey market mobile differs from a normal one). Great suggestion though, would consider it seriously
Then try indiaplaza, they dont sell fake ones, I am sure.

Blackberry 8830 | Blackberry 8830 Pricing, Review and Accessories | IndiaPlaza

You can search for some coupons and get 200 to 500 rs off.
Old 30th June 2011, 16:36   #8103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrohit17 View Post
Hmm...invest @4K more and get the Defy. Enjoy both phones then
\
Dont! I know 3 pieces which have issues and had their mobo changed more than once!
Old 30th June 2011, 19:30   #8104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post
My wife is using the Nokia 3200 classic for last 3years. Yesterday, I found the back cover slightly off. When trying to fix it, I noticed the battery was bloated! She has been using the stock charger and off late, the battery lasts for barely a day.

Is it safe to use this phone? No other issues with the phone.

Can someone suggest a good replacement? Has to have a long battery life of 2 days atleast, and easy to use for calls/SMS, and a 2MP camera atleast. Wifi would be nice but not a must have.

Also, a solid build, if not baby-proof

I am also looking for a dual sim with the same specs.
Is the Nokia E51 still in production? Or any phone with a similar metallic body? That should be baby proof I guess.
Old 1st July 2011, 10:14   #8105
BANNED

Anyone know how I can get my hands on a N950. Heard its not coming to our shores - I doubt it though.

Or should I get a N9 instead? I know the differences between both. And yeah I like to juggle around with code so the preference for the N950.

The HW/OS combo on that machine has got me interested, something I wanted on the N8 but was not delivered. I presently own a N8.
Old 1st July 2011, 10:56   #8106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
If you can look beyond Bada OS, Samsung Wave II is a good option IMO. Its a sweet little phone for not so fussy users. i think its abt 14.5k
Thanks for the suggestion. I really liked the original Wave with AMOLED display. Its shape, size and weight was perfect for me.

But Wave II is a bit bulky, there's no way you can call it a sweet little phone.

I am really impressed with Bada OS. I am playing the waiting game to see how the Bada marketplace and apps develop.

Battery life is important for me and Android OS seems to be very power hungry. Bada scores over Android in this area.

Rohan
Old 1st July 2011, 12:59   #8107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Anyone know how I can get my hands on a N950. Heard its not coming to our shores - I doubt it though.

Or should I get a N9 instead? I know the differences between both. And yeah I like to juggle around with code so the preference for the N950.

The HW/OS combo on that machine has got me interested, something I wanted on the N8 but was not delivered. I presently own a N8.
Hi Spitfire,

On endgadget, there is a link for the developer forum. Check that out. Other than that , you should know someone @ Nokia I guess.

N9 should be a good option if you can't get hold of N8.
Old 1st July 2011, 14:06   #8108
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder_s1 View Post
On endgadget, there is a link for the developer forum. Check that out. Other than that , you should know someone @ Nokia I guess.
Hey Inder,

I tried LaunchPad. This is what they say.

Nokia Developer - Develop for the Nokia N9

Scroll to the bottom.

Quote:
Nokia N950 Developer Kit for Nokia N9 apps

To help prepare for the publishing of apps for the Nokia N9 smartphone, a limited number of developer kits have been produced using the Nokia N950 phone. This phone has a pre-release version of software for the Nokia N9 and some minor hardware differences, for example the Nokia N950 doesn’t provide NFC features. The Nokia N950 Developer Kit is available to qualifying Nokia Developer Launchpad members who have published apps to Ovi Store, or have started to develop their apps using Qt. If you wish to obtain one of these kits, please send your request to: nokia.developer.launchpad@nokia.com. The deadline for submitting requests is 31 July 2011.
I qualify and have send a request. I have never done it before. Anyone here who qualifies and has better access to get one let me know.

Quote:
N9 should be a good option if you can't get hold of N8.
You meant N950 instead of N8 right? I already have a N8. Need a Meego phone, almost got myself a N900. Probably might get one sometime.
Old 1st July 2011, 20:30   #8109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I really liked the original Wave with AMOLED display. Its shape, size and weight was perfect for me.

But Wave II is a bit bulky, there's no way you can call it a sweet little phone.

I am really impressed with Bada OS. I am playing the waiting game to see how the Bada marketplace and apps develop.

Battery life is important for me and Android OS seems to be very power hungry. Bada scores over Android in this area.

Rohan
True. Android battery consumption is simply ridiculous. But it definitely is more future proof than Bada.

Bada 2.0 is widely expected to be out in September. So maybe you can wait till then. Still Wave II is a good piece of hardware for those who want a 'mobile phone'.
Old 1st July 2011, 22:28   #8110
Senior - BHPian

Just got my Droid Incredible 2 this evening. Will get it going on Monday. Needs MEID mapping for CDMA. Also, as it is a world phone it has GSM as well. Only one protocol at a time though. If I understand right GSM comes in only if CDMA is off.
Old 2nd July 2011, 11:40   #8111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Hey Inder,

You meant N950 instead of N8 right? I already have a N8. Need a Meego phone, almost got myself a N900. Probably might get one sometime.
Nope.. I meant N9 nokia is going to launch N9 with Meego. Check this out below:

Home | Experience Nokia N9 ? All it takes is a swipe

Nokia N9 Photos - Phone Arena

It will be here in a 3-4 months though. I know a friend in Nokia but he recently got a pink slip as Symbian has been pushed to Accenture.

Last edited by inder_s1 : 2nd July 2011 at 11:41.
Old 2nd July 2011, 16:31   #8112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
\
Dont! I know 3 pieces which have issues and had their mobo changed more than once!
Can you elaborate pls?
Old 6th July 2011, 14:52   #8113
Senior - BHPian

Letsbuy has opened preorder option for New Nokia E6. Nokia price is 17999/- and letsbuy price is 17499/-. With discount coupon price comes down to 16299/-

How is this deal friends?
Old 7th July 2011, 01:52   #8114
Senior - BHPian

Bought Samsung Focus on US ebay. It is Windows Phone 7. Will have to wait another whole month before i can lay my hands on it.
Old 7th July 2011, 16:23   #8115
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
How is this deal friends?
The phone looks great from the specifications outlined. It comes with Symbian ANNA. Good to.

Whats the purpose?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks