Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2011, 10:35   #7981
BHPian

re: The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghosht View Post
I know that Vodafone does not offer 3G plans for the BB and iphone 3g & 3gs users (but it does so for iphone 4 users!)
Are you sure about that? Sounds very weird to me. Why should the 3G plans depend on whether you have a BB or iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4? As long as the handset is 3G enabled, it should work. I have called Vodafone several times and they never know when the 3G tariffs would be announced.
Old 27th April 2011, 12:03   #7982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
I already have a BB 8520 (again corporate) and not too keen to get a personal BB as well.
I use the BB enterprise (BES) for corporate emails and also receive personal emails on my BB as I have a "Vodafone BES plus" plan - so all emails (corp + personal) are on one phone. Do your company rules restrict you from doing that (and hence a need for another phone)?
Old 28th April 2011, 10:07   #7983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghosht View Post
Do your company rules restrict you from doing that (and hence a need for another phone)?
Yes, that's the case. However, even if it weren't restricted, I would have always liked to keep them seperate
Old 28th April 2011, 10:09   #7984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Nokia C6 suits your requirements, but is slightly outside your budget. It runs on the old Symbian OS. Also, it is a bit too bulky and heavy.
Will look at the C6. Does anyone know if the Nokia OVI Push mail is like the BB mail services or I can give it a pass?
Old 28th April 2011, 12:13   #7985
BHPian

Hi,

My sister's birthday is coming up and I wish you gift her a new phone as her current one is getting pretty old. The issue is, the company she works for does not allow camera in the phone and at her level a BB is also banned.

To pick a sample, Samsung Champ camera less model is a big hit in her company. What other options do I have?

MaSh
Old 28th April 2011, 13:43   #7986
BHPian

I do not understand what is the logic behind not allowing camera phones? Your choices become so limited when such restrictions are imposed. Nowadays almost all phones come wit ha camera.
Old 28th April 2011, 14:56   #7987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
I do not understand what is the logic behind not allowing camera phones? Your choices become so limited when such restrictions are imposed. Nowadays almost all phones come wit ha camera.
Tell me about it. However, there are a number of companies with such restrictions. There was a BB 88xx with no camera, thought of getting that, but thankfully asked her to confirm if that is allowed and as luck would have it, BB of any kind is not allowed at her level.
Old 28th April 2011, 16:38   #7988
Senior - BHPian

But hold on - why is even a BB disallowed? Seems to sound rather overboard in my limited understanding.
Old 28th April 2011, 18:16   #7989
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This rule is prevalent in a lot of companies; especially service-based. More than it being a company rule, this requirement comes through the client.

Like in my company, a certain project involving a certain bank from the United States explicitly mentions that phones with cameras should not be allowed inside the ODC (Offshore Development Centre).

In other projects in the same company, there is no such problem.

This requirement arises when the data handled by the project is extremely critical/sensitive.
Old 28th April 2011, 18:33   #7990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
This rule is prevalent in a lot of companies; especially service-based. More than it being a company rule, this requirement comes through the client.

Like in my company, a certain project involving a certain bank from the United States explicitly mentions that phones with cameras should not be allowed inside the ODC (Offshore Development Centre).

In other projects in the same company, there is no such problem.

This requirement arises when the data handled by the project is extremely critical/sensitive.
Exactly, here in my sister's case, the Company is a Bank. So you can imagine what the restrictions are.

Alright back to topic, what are my options apart from Samsung Champ. She does not want it, as everyone in the team has it.
Old 3rd May 2011, 13:49   #7991
Distinguished - BHPian

Any experiences with Online Shopping India - Shop Online For Jewellery, Home Appliances, Cameras, Mobiles from HomeShop18 ? Looking to buy a phone. While it is out of stock everywhere, they seem to be having it in stock.
Old 9th May 2011, 11:14   #7992
BHPian

Samsung doing everything they can do impress us with their phones. Here is their recent marketing ploy - First Tweet from atop Everest courtesy of the Galaxy S II - GSMArena.com news

I am waiting for this phone desperately. Any ideas when is it going to be launched in India. I think it has been launched at some places already.
Old 9th May 2011, 12:23   #7993
Distinguished - BHPian

Its expected to come at the end of this month. Its already launched in Korea and UK. But I am expecting it to get delayed as usual and come in June sometime to the Indian shores. Samsung is known for delaying its so called dead-lines always!
Old 9th May 2011, 12:36   #7994
BHPian

Quote:
Samsung doing everything they can do impress us with their phones. Here is their recent marketing ploy - First Tweet from atop Everest courtesy of the Galaxy S II - GSMArena.com news

I am waiting for this phone desperately. Any ideas when is it going to be launched in India. I think it has been launched at some places already.
Its available at Shopyourworld.com for 39K

Samsung GALAXY S II
Old 9th May 2011, 13:45   #7995
BHPian

I was expecting it to be priced around 30k. 39k is just too much. Will have to wait till the official launch

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks