Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2010, 11:06   #6916
BHPian

I installed Swype to my wife's Nokia 5230. This thing just blew my mind. The accuracy is just amazing and once you get used to it, you can type really fast.

Check it out - Swype for Symbian - brought to you by Nokia | Beta Labs
Old 8th September 2010, 11:14   #6917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
I installed Swype to my wife's Nokia 5230. This thing just blew my mind. The accuracy is just amazing and once you get used to it, you can type really fast.

Check it out - Swype for Symbian - brought to you by Nokia | Beta Labs
Will this work with n900?
Old 9th September 2010, 04:48   #6918
Senior - BHPian

Friends, please help me out here.
I'm planning to buy a new touch screen phone within Rs.15K. It should have a good camera (for both images and videos). Its mainly for net usage ie, browsing T-bhp, FB etc.
Old 9th September 2010, 09:09   #6919
Senior - BHPian

Which entry level phone in 4K to 5K range

Friends,

I need a suggestion from experts here urgently.

I am planning to gift my wife an entry level phone in the range of 4K to 5K. The phone should have atleast 2 MP camera, video recording, good music, expandable memory to atleast 8 GB, rugged constructions, preferably not touch screen(since my son fiddles with my wife's phone a lot and the reason for going in for a new). I plan to purchase tomorrow and gift her on Ganpati i.e on Saturday. Preferable manuf: Nokia, Samsung

Pls help.
Old 9th September 2010, 12:15   #6920
BHPian

Go for a Nokia 6303i classic, costs Rs. 5800/- and its a steel bodied, great finish and very smart looking. IMHO khaki gold colour is the best on it. Got one for my wife and she loves it. My kid could not do any bad on it yet. Been 3 months,.
Old 9th September 2010, 13:04   #6921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
I'm planning to buy a new touch screen phone within Rs.15K. It should have a good camera (for both images and videos). Its mainly for net usage ie, browsing T-bhp, FB etc.
Check out the Nokia X6, its got a decent 5MP camera with Carl Zeiss lens. X6 also comes with a FB app and one year free Nokia music subscription.

Samsung Wave is also a good option if you can stretch your budget a bit.

Last edited by harishnair : 9th September 2010 at 13:06.
Old 9th September 2010, 14:21   #6922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
Check out the Nokia X6, its got a decent 5MP camera with Carl Zeiss lens. X6 also comes with a FB app and one year free Nokia music subscription.

Stay away from X6 or so if you want a mobile with nice cam. Wave is undoubtedly a better choice.
Old 10th September 2010, 00:10   #6923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Friends,

I am planning to gift my wife an entry level phone in the range of 4K to 5K. The phone should have atleast 2 MP camera, video recording, good music, expandable memory to atleast 8 GB, rugged constructions, preferably not touch screen(since my son fiddles with my wife's phone a lot and the reason for going in for a new). I plan to purchase tomorrow and gift her on Ganpati i.e on Saturday. Preferable manuf: Nokia, Samsung

Pls help.
The Samsung S5200 I'd mentioned earlier almost fits into budget. Not to mention it would blow the Nokia 6303i away in the looks dept. But good video recording? And in this price range?? I think not dude...

Also, generally Nokias seem to have very poor cameras; esp. when compared to Samsungs.

Last edited by Raccoon : 10th September 2010 at 00:12.
Old 10th September 2010, 19:13   #6924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Stay away from X6 or so if you want a mobile with nice cam. Wave is undoubtedly a better choice.
Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I had the X6 in mind initially but later thought of buying an Android phone but couldn't find any good ones in my budget. At this point of time I cant extend my budget so cant go for the Wave. So Overall, which is the best touch screen phone under 15K?
Old 10th September 2010, 20:27   #6925
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I had the X6 in mind initially but later thought of buying an Android phone but couldn't find any good ones in my budget. At this point of time I cant extend my budget so cant go for the Wave. So Overall, which is the best touch screen phone under 15K?
Check out the Samsung Jet (S8003), should be costing below 13K (?), it does have an AMOLED screen (R-resistive) and a 5MP cam with dual LED flash.It is not the best phone around but nevertheless it is a good option.

Link-- Samsung Jet

Samsung Jet Review

Last edited by harishnair : 10th September 2010 at 20:29.
Old 11th September 2010, 01:12   #6926
Senior - BHPian

^^Jet is no more available; production stopped!
Old 13th September 2010, 11:27   #6927
Senior - BHPian

Anyone using HTC Wildfire here? How is its camera and music quality?
Old 14th September 2010, 10:48   #6928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Friends,

Pls help.
Got my wife a Nokia X2 as it caught her eye and she liked the phone very much. The phone indeed has lots of features although its delicateness was very debatable. But finally my wife had her say and it costed me Rs 4K in exchange for an old mobile, the best buy was 5800. Also got a 4Gb card free with the phone.

Attached below is the data sheet of X2.
http://www.nokia.com/NOKIA_COM_1/Pre...data_sheet.pdf

Thanks to BHPians for their advise.
Old 14th September 2010, 21:23   #6929
BHPian

Bought a Samsung Monte last week. Its a fantastic phone for the price it retails. However, there's one glitch that's irritating me. It says "phone memory full" whenever I start surfing through Wi-Fi. I've deleted cookies, cleared cache, have set the default save folder in my memory card too. Still, whenver I attempt to zoom into pages that are a bit heavy on content, it shows up the same error.
Any fix? :(
Old 15th September 2010, 00:33   #6930
Senior - BHPian

^^^ Hows the cam when compared to other 3 MP cams? IIRC this phone was reported to not have virtual QWERTY keypad. Is it still so? Just asking in case new firmware has addressed this.

Hope you can get your issue resolved. Hope you have checked if you have the latest software.

Most Viewed