Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2010, 19:44   #6676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Could you tell me the shop which offered the Wave for 17.5K ? The least i have found so far was at Hypercity which offered it for 17,999 . Sangeetha and Univercell were selling it for around 18,300 :(.
Sangeetha prices also includes an insurance policy valid for an year's time. IMO, the policy is well worth it.
Old 21st July 2010, 20:13   #6677
BHPian

@suhaas307: Two people I know have been using the N97 mini for 4 and 5 months now, and have made no complaint of any change in the slide mechanism. It's been sturdy since they've bought it. Its smaller size is a good improvement over the bulky N97. I'd recommend it.
Old 22nd July 2010, 00:18   #6678
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwiz1 View Post
@suhaas307: Two people I know have been using the N97 mini for 4 and 5 months now, and have made no complaint of any change in the slide mechanism. It's been sturdy since they've bought it. Its smaller size is a good improvement over the bulky N97. I'd recommend it.
Thank you! I don't know anyone who has a N97 or a N97 Mini so I couldn't get first hand reviews on it! I was a bit weary about the touch-screen and the slide-mechanism. Thank you for your input!
Old 22nd July 2010, 02:10   #6679
Senior - BHPian

Hi all, Thanks for rendering your suggestion on my purchase on x6 and 5800. Now I have another suggestion of Wave. I had been to the Mobile store and turned back with out purchase.I had the mind set to buy 5800 but the sales ex told that 5800 does not open front camera and recommended for X6. Got confused and came back. Let me study Wave and decide. How about the battery power in Wave.
Old 22nd July 2010, 11:39   #6680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Could you tell me the shop which offered the Wave for 17.5K ? The least i have found so far was at Hypercity which offered it for 17,999 . Sangeetha and Univercell were selling it for around 18,300 :(.
I got this price from Sangeetha (Forum Mall) during their anniversary celebration last month. It could have been a limited period offer, not sure.

The sales boys at Sangeetha appeared a bit carefree, it is possible that he gave me a wrong quote.

Rohan
Old 22nd July 2010, 11:51   #6681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Hi all, Thanks for rendering your suggestion on my purchase on x6 and 5800. Now I have another suggestion of Wave. I had been to the Mobile store and turned back with out purchase.I had the mind set to buy 5800 but the sales ex told that 5800 does not open front camera and recommended for X6. Got confused and came back. Let me study Wave and decide. How about the battery power in Wave.
If you are ok with lesser application support, Wave is fine.

X6 dont stand a chance with Wave on speed, screen, camera, size.
Old 22nd July 2010, 21:28   #6682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
Sangeetha prices also includes an insurance policy valid for an year's time. IMO, the policy is well worth it.
Dont get much excited with this insurance scheme, heard that for getting the insurance in place , we need to procure a copy of FIR from the police station. Police will not give FIR for the same.

Please clarify this before going ahead.

I feel the emi + 5% cash back scheme of Univercell is the best in market now.
Old 23rd July 2010, 09:29   #6683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder_s1 View Post
Guys,

Try this converter.

Doremisoft Avi to MP4 converter. It's free, It's FAST and you don't have to bother on what bitrate, Sampling rate etc..

Just convert you avi to mp4 and it plays fabulously on your phone via Real Player.

Download DoremiSoft Free AVI to MP4 Converter, DoremiSoft Free AVI to MP4 Converter 1.0 Download

I have used the converted files on my E90 and enjoying the movies like never before.
This link is broken. Anyway, I tried searching for Doremisoft avi to mp4 and almost every site I went to, only gave me a FLV to MP4 app! Even though they say it is an AVI to MP4 app, when downloaded and installed, it installs an FLV to MP4 app.
I would appreciate it if someone who has the installer could zip it and send it to me. PM me and I'll give you my email address. Alternatively, if you could show me an alternate website that has the real thing (you know I have this flv to mp4 thingie installed 6 times on my computer!)
Old 23rd July 2010, 10:16   #6684
BHPian

try www.phazeddl.com and search for the convertor. It has best possible warez links. Be careful... some **** images may come up too !!

Any details required - PM me
Old 23rd July 2010, 10:42   #6685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
Dont get much excited with this insurance scheme, heard that for getting the insurance in place , we need to procure a copy of FIR from the police station. Police will not give FIR for the same.

Please clarify this before going ahead.

I feel the emi + 5% cash back scheme of Univercell is the best in market now.
Whats wrong with getting a FIR? The police will not refuse to file a FIR.
Old 23rd July 2010, 17:40   #6686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmolbedi View Post
try www.phazeddl.com and search for the convertor. It has best possible warez links. Be careful... some **** images may come up too !!

Any details required - PM me
No help here too Any other site I could check?
Old 23rd July 2010, 19:50   #6687
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
No help here too Any other site I could check?
Free DoremiSoft Free AVI to MP4 Converter Download

Download Free AVI to MP4 Converter

Either one works (Assuming the second link is the same product, same download size!). Hope this is what you were looking for!
Old 23rd July 2010, 21:21   #6688
Senior - BHPian

@triedeverything, since you have Super, I am posting my settings - I have transcoded a HD movie, and a few Tom and Jerry videos, and all work fine on my E72. All you may want to do is change the resolution that I have chosen to match your screen.

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 502
Size:  52.0 KB

Let us know how it goes...
Old 23rd July 2010, 21:30   #6689
BHPian

I have a small question here regarding the pricing.
How much would an Iphone 3GS 16gb would cost in india?
Old 23rd July 2010, 22:09   #6690
Senior - BHPian

Could anyone please suggest a good mobile with MP3 and atleast 2GB supported memory under 3000Rs. Camera is not required, but if it comes then will be a welcome add-on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks