Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2010, 19:53   #6541
BHPian

Have been using a Samsung D820 for more than 4 years now. Before that, i used a Samsung C100 ( My first phone ) for around 3 years. My D820 is still in perfect condition and would put a year old phone to shame. Only once in 4 years did i have a display problem which cost me around 300 Rs to fix. I'm thinking of getting a Samsung Wave now , if the wifey lets me . Yes, I', a Samsung guy . Almost all the gadgets at home are from Samsung ( Microwave, Refrigerator, Washing Machine, TV, DVD Player , Mobile . Haven't had any complaints so far ) .
Old 3rd July 2010, 19:57   #6542
Senior - BHPian

While samsung's latest phones are the talk of the tech town, branded chinese gfive is ruling the roost in the budget market, all phones dual sim with MMC support, retailing around 2k.
Old 3rd July 2010, 20:02   #6543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
i just asked about the wave with a few of my local shops and they all said that all customers who bought the wave complained of extremely poor battery life.
How is the wave's battery life and any feedback from other wave users?
Im really interested in this phone.
GSM Arena has said that the wave is the new battery champion. The Wave uses a 1500Mvh battery and since the screen is small and with the Super AMOLED screen consuming very less battery, I think the battery life should be very good.

Samsung S8500 Wave is our new battery life champion
Old 3rd July 2010, 21:54   #6544
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
GSM Arena has said that the wave is the new battery champion. The Wave uses a 1500Mvh battery and since the screen is small and with the Super AMOLED screen consuming very less battery, I think the battery life should be very good.

Samsung S8500 Wave is our new battery life champion
I agree with the review's and the 1500 Mvh is more than adequate but , what im worried about is , Certain area's who have recieved defected phones thats what my local phone dealer said to me
Old 3rd July 2010, 22:57   #6545
Senior - BHPian

and now, you can use your phone for testing your vision.

NETRA - Camera Culture Group, MIT Media Lab

NETRA: Self-Optometry Solution, MIT Media Lab

One of these days, somebody is coming up with an idea to make the phone dispense vadas and samosas.
Old 4th July 2010, 07:11   #6546
BHPian

Fellas,

Went to the train station early morning & in the chaos there - yes, traffic jam at 5.30am - I dropped/lost my phone somewhere around there. Within 2 mins of realising that, I tried callup, but it just keeps ringing. Probably the person who got it does not know how to switch it off (who does not want to return) or has kept it in his/her pocket & forgotten about it (who plans to return - alas). Tried calling every few mins, but just rings & no1 picks it up. It was a elegant black Nokia E63, one of the first ones which were released & worked like a charm.

Sorrows apart, back to my main question here:
Need a phone with
a) good voice quality - should i say great voice quality as this is the main purpose of a phone?
b) proper QWERTY fone with GPRS for email & IM access - so pref a bigger screen : Am addicted to this. Touch screen probably is not an option for me.
c) WIFI (a great feature to sync work emails) - nice to have - yet another addiction
d) Dual GSM SIM (Well, I hate carrying 2 phones because of work & personal numbers) - This would be an advantage on the new phone
e) Not really an audio buff nor a video buff(atleast on a phone)
f) 3G, GPS etc are optional - But nice to have.
g) Not tied to Nokia, but should be of good build quality & a fast UI/Processor.

Any recommendations? Non blackberry options pls.

Am blank other than looking at E71/E72 and my humble E63. What options do we have with Samsung, LG, SE, Nokia, new brands like max,micromax,karbon etc?

Suggestions Around 8-15K price range.

Last edited by null : 4th July 2010 at 07:24.
Old 4th July 2010, 09:33   #6547
Senior - BHPian

Samsung would have dual sim ones I guess. Mircomax etc has WiFi one but I guess Q7 ( not sure which brand's this is) has bad connectivity issues with WiFi.
Old 4th July 2010, 09:54   #6548
BHPian

Does anyone know where i can buy iphone 4 (grey market) in hyderabad ? also i want to sell by 3gs where should i sell it and how much can i expect?
Old 4th July 2010, 13:35   #6549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Samsung would have dual sim ones I guess. Mircomax etc has WiFi one but I guess Q7 ( not sure which brand's this is) has bad connectivity issues with WiFi.
QWERTY keypad is a must.. Even the dual sim compability for GSM sims. All other points are secondary.
Old 4th July 2010, 17:04   #6550
BHPian

hey can any one pleas tell me from where i can get gps speedo meter app (if it is available for it) for nokia 5235 phone
Old 4th July 2010, 17:09   #6551
Team-BHP Support

Guys, I'm looking to replace my 3 year old Nokia N82. It has served me very well and parting with it is painful, but I need a replacement. Something as good or even better.

My requirements would be:

- 2 GB space or more
- 5 MP cam or more
- Wifi/Bluetooth
- GPRS
- 3.5 mm Audio Jack (it's a small thing but it's very important to me!)
- Decent battery life

My budget would be 10-15k.

How is the Nokia X6? And what about the Nokia N79?

Please help!
Old 4th July 2010, 17:12   #6552
Senior - BHPian

Any clue when Nokia E5 is going to be launched? I've been hearing since April about it but no signs yet in store!
Old 4th July 2010, 20:51   #6553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
My budget would be 10-15k.

You should consider one of those android phones, if dual sim is not a priority. The samsung one has fantastic specs, and is around 12, according to posts in the Android thread.

Quote:
hey can any one pleas tell me from where i can get gps speedo meter app (if it is available for it) for nokia 5235 phone
There is a thread on that somewhere - but it uses the accelerometer, not GPS.

Quote:
also i want to sell by 3gs where should i sell it and how much can i expect?
Hey, we have a classified section here; see the links at top.
Old 4th July 2010, 22:47   #6554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Any clue when Nokia E5 is going to be launched? I've been hearing since April about it but no signs yet in store!

E5 is not launched & expected to be launched in Q3. E73 is expected any time now.
Old 4th July 2010, 23:36   #6555
BHPian

Nokia N8 Hands On-The 12MP monster

Nokia N8

My initial impressions about the Nokia N8 (prototype model N00)

(Scale of 1-5, 1 = lowest and 5 = highest)
1-Trash it, 2-Only if no alternates, 3-Average, 4-Good, 5-Outstanding

Features (5/5)
The Nokia N8 is nothing less than a computer. 12MP camera with Xenon flash, 3.5 inch AMOLED display, Aluminium body, HDMI output, 3D Graphics Accelerator. Also included Quad band GSM and 5 band-yes thats right!!, a 5band support for UMTS / HSDPA... Phew!!
I think Nokia has done a terrific job of fitting all these in a small package. 5/5 for features.

Navigation(5/5)
Have to give a 5, though Nokia (Ovi) maps are not the best, but get the work done well, and its free..!! Satellite lock from cold start was pretty fast, and navigation was effortless.

Ergonomics (2/5) and Build Quality (3/5)
Encased by a aluminuim body (feels metal) which can withstand a ding or two without issues. Problem areas are the top and bottom covers which are flimsy, and are plastic.
The screen is capacitive, and touch response is good, better than other Nokia touchscreens. Home, Call connect and end keys-(3 physical keys), these are a nightmare, and are not tactile. The call connect and end buttons are the smallest that i have seen in any phone.
Otherwise, its a pleasure to hold the wide, and handy Nokia N8. The screen picks up fingerprint.
The SIM slot and microSD card slot, both are on the left side, and the cover had an annoying tendency to fall off.

Battery Life (3/5)- Initial results.
Ran the N8 with all connectivity options enabled, and it did manage to survive more than a day.

Camera (5/5)-Initial results.
Just one word-Amazing. Really good to see a Nokia produce images that can compete with any of the other 12MP smartphones. Colors look natural, not saturated or processed unlike other Nokia phones. Video is HD quality.

Speed (4/5)
The N8 is fast, but not in the league of iphone 3GS or for example a HTC Touch HD2(checked out with my friends), both of which feel lot smoother while transitioning between screens.

Connectivity (5/5)
Has it all. Quad Band GSM, 5 Band UMTS/HSDPA, PNP.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-04072010136.jpg  

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-04072010137.jpg  

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-04072010141.jpg  

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-04072010145.jpg  

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-04072010146.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks