Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2010, 12:09   #6511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
JK it will show some arrows flowing one from left side to right side- u need to move your fingers along that arrow to stop it

Are u using 5800 now? is there anyway to lock and unlock the screen w/o using the slider switch?
Thank you very much guys! The only thing I was upset about the 5800 was this !

thelightening; no other way I guess,loved the feature Samsung has for this.

Now, how good is Samsung b7320; thinking of getting this and giving 5800 to wife.
Old 29th June 2010, 12:25   #6512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Get any Symbian 9.3 S60 (v3 or v5) Nokia, and buy Total Call Recorder 4.20
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Thanx Phoenix!
Umm.. correction: That should be Total Recall 4.20
Old 29th June 2010, 16:03   #6513
BHPian

leather case for Nokia x6

Anyone know where to purchase leather case for Nokia X6. Sangeetha in Forum mall did not have stock when i enquired. Any other places that might have this ?

Thanks
Old 29th June 2010, 17:51   #6514
BHPian

Bluetooth headset

Hi,

I am looking for a BT headset for my HTC Diamond.

Requirements:
Voice quality should be good. Will be used only for taking calls.
Stereo headset not required
Budget 2k

Please give your suggestions.

One more query: the touch screen alignment was getting messed up and i have have to align it 3-4 times every day. Had to remove scratch guard after reading on some websites that it messes up screen alignment. After that didnt face any alignment problems. But while talking my earring is causing scratches on the screen :(
My previous screen guard didnt cuase the alignment problems. Should i look for a specific type or brand of screen guard for my phone?

TIA,
-Pallavi
Old 29th June 2010, 23:09   #6515
BHPian

Bangalore prices about a month back were similar to as in the link below. Pretty good phone as well.

Htc A6363 Legend Phone Details - touchscreen;Android OS;3g;wifi;gps;quadband; :: UniverCell - The Mobile Expert - Buy Mobile phones, best mobile phone deals, cellphone accessories
Old 29th June 2010, 23:16   #6516
Senior - BHPian

Why not the Omnia Pro B7320 ? Cost 9.X K something at mobilestore.
Old 30th June 2010, 00:21   #6517
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Umm.. correction: That should be Total Recall 4.20
Sorry Phoenix to be bothering you again. Total Recall 4.2 is a third party software needing periodic renewals. Isn't there a mobile with beepless call recorder available off the shelf? I mean this feature provided by the manufacturer himself. Any make.
Old 30th June 2010, 01:52   #6518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry Phoenix to be bothering you again. Total Recall 4.2 is a third party software needing periodic renewals. Isn't there a mobile with beepless call recorder available off the shelf? I mean this feature provided by the manufacturer himself. Any make.
I am surprised to hear that - I have Total Recall, and I thought it is a one time buy with lifetime updates free. Will send Killer Mobile (the makers) an email...

I do not think there will be a mobile with beep-less recorder off the shelf, as recording has some legal hulla-bulla associated with it. Infact I know of a few Sony Ericsson phones on which recording itself (even though 3rd party apps) is not possible!
Old 30th June 2010, 02:25   #6519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanagg1 View Post
Dear vittalnrv
The lowest quote i got for HTC Legend is 25K. Do you have any better source ? please share with us
thanx
cheers
Legend's MRP is 24,990/- if I can remember correctly so it can't be priced a bit more then that. Please do check for better deals. Might be a different price rate for Assam. The best deal I've seen was 22.5k with B&W at one shop in Jayanagar, Bangalore. And i think he was ready to reduce the price a bit if paid by cash.
Old 30th June 2010, 13:44   #6520
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Isn't there a mobile with beepless call recorder available off the shelf?
I have a freeware called Auto Call Recorder in my Windows mobile which does a good job. It runs in the background and does it automatically.

Last edited by trrk : 30th June 2010 at 13:46.
Old 30th June 2010, 16:11   #6521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanagg1 View Post
Thanks everyone for very informative helps in my search
Any user for BADA OS ? Your feedback is very crucial . Pls come forward.
Any mate having feedback on BADA OS from friend 'n' all.

cheers
I am using the Wave from the last 10 days. However I don't think I will be able to help you much because the OS and the smartphone capabilities is the last thing I bought it for.

I basically got it because of it's entertainment capabilities . For that it is an amazing phone. The best display, plays and shoots HD videos, has a pretty good camera and a more than decent music player. I downloaded Need for Speed Shift on it yesterday and now it is my gaming/music/video/camera/net surfing/phone all rolled into one. That's the reason I bought it and it has more than lived upto my expectations.

For a general feedback on the OS and the processor - I did not have any issues till date with the phone lagging/freezing even though I have pumped in more than 8 gigs in it (touchwood). Browsed net both on GPRS and Wifi and no issues. Browsing is a breeze what with pinch zooming and all. It supports flash as well. No experience with document viewing/editing. Not too many apps around as well but Samsung is pushing the OS aggresively and the app store is growing everyday. They came out with free NFS Shift a few days ago just to promote the app store.

By the way it now retails for close to 17k (and not 19k). Even I had bought this for 17.5k around 10 days ago. IMO for this price NOTHING comes close to it. Absolutely nothing.
Old 30th June 2010, 16:37   #6522
Senior - BHPian

Emm, drool to me

Samsung Epic 4G preview -- Engadget
Old 1st July 2010, 11:33   #6523
Senior - BHPian

Just an update on my Nokia 5230

1. the gps works like a charm, I have downloaded both Ovi and Google maps on the set. The ovi maps also work offline once the cache memory has stored the map (without gprs) Ovi maps also has voice direction with street names announcement.

2. The battery back up is useless, maybe I have been using or abusing the gps too much. I turn on direction even if I have to go and buy bread from the near by market.

3. Have configured my mail on the phone. This is the first time for me hence mentioning it.

4. The speakers are very poor

5. My phone has not hung as yet like some folks have mentioned earlier. Touch wood.

6. I AM LOVING IT.

Regards
Old 1st July 2010, 15:36   #6524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Just an update on my Nokia 5230

1. the gps works like a charm, I have downloaded both Ovi and Google maps on the set. The ovi maps also work offline once the cache memory has stored the map (without gprs) Ovi maps also has voice direction with street names announcement.

2. The battery back up is useless, maybe I have been using or abusing the gps too much. I turn on direction even if I have to go and buy bread from the near by market.

3. Have configured my mail on the phone. This is the first time for me hence mentioning it.

4. The speakers are very poor

5. My phone has not hung as yet like some folks have mentioned earlier. Touch wood.

6. I AM LOVING IT.

Regards
I am also planning to buy this model. My requirements are touch screen, GPS, and music.

Could you clarify some doubts:

1. How did you install the maps ? Is it possible to download the maps to a PC and then transfer them to the phone/memory card instead of downloading them through GPRS ?

2. Do you need to download maps for individual cities or it comes as a package of maps for all Indian cities ?

3. What is the approximate memory space occupied by maps ?

4. Does GPS work properly in a car ? I have read that GPS receiver requires a direct LOS to the satellite, so it doesn't work properly when indoor.

5. How bad is the loudspeaker ? I don't want to use it for listening to music. I hope it is loud enough for ringing and alarm.

6. What is included in the sales package ?

7. If I change the memory card (to a higher capacity one), will the applications work properly ? I mean is there anything pre-installed on the supplied memory card ?

Don't worry about the battery backup. I will improve after a few charge-discharge cycles. Switch off 3G and use GPS only when needed. Battery backup will improve.

Rohan

Last edited by rohan_iitr : 1st July 2010 at 15:38.
Old 1st July 2010, 16:15   #6525
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
I am also planning to buy this model. My requirements are touch screen, GPS, and music.
Check.

Quote:
1. How did you install the maps ? Is it possible to download the maps to a PC and then transfer them to the phone/memory card instead of downloading them through GPRS ?
They come preloaded. For all cities.

Yes possible to download to PC and transfer to phone. But not required as they come pre-loaded.

Can be downloaded through GPRS too.

Quote:
2. Do you need to download maps for individual cities or it comes as a package of maps for all Indian cities ?
No all maps included.

Quote:
3. What is the approximate memory space occupied by maps ?
Should be around 10 MB or so. It comes with a 2 GB memory card.

Quote:
4. Does GPS work properly in a car ? I have read that GPS receiver requires a direct LOS to the satellite, so it doesn't work properly when indoor.
It doesnt work properly or not at all indoors, unless you activate A-GPRS. I have mine on Integrated GPS only.

Yes LOS is required, but in the car hooked to the holder that it comes with it works great. Takes a minute to latch on to the satellites.

Quote:
5. How bad is the loudspeaker ? I don't want to use it for listening to music. I hope it is loud enough for ringing and alarm.
I hardly listen to music on a phone. So never used the loudspeaker, but during the conf calls I keep it on speaker and it is loud and clear enough.

Quote:
6. What is included in the sales package ?
Car Holder.
Charger.
Data Cable (USB)
The looped string for carrying it around.

Quote:
7. If I change the memory card (to a higher capacity one), will the applications work properly ? I mean is there anything pre-installed on the supplied memory card ?
You can transfer to the PC and then transfer back.

I have given the mobile to my wife now and I am thinking of getting the N900.

The 5230 is a great phone for the price.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks