Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2010, 23:53   #6391
BHPian

Samsung Corby Pro-Applications and Games installation problem

Hi everyone ,
I bought a Samsung Corby Pro(B5310) sometime back . Its a pretty good buy and good VFM . Internet works good , Interface is also alright but what troubles me is the fact that java applications are not getting installed in it . I downloaded a few java games (also checked their resolution requirements etc) and transferred them into the phone . But i dont know why they were just not getting installed or working on the phone .
The other day i asked one of my friends who has the same phone and he also encountered the same problem .
If anyone knows about the installation procedure or a site from where i can directly get the applications and games which will work on my phone ,please let me know .

Regards,
DSC
Old 3rd June 2010, 02:37   #6392
BHPian

Installation procedure for application/software/game in SAMSUNG Corby

From SAMSUNG Corby PRO jar file install problem [Solved]. I think this should work.

Quote:

1. Create a new text document on desktop

2. Open the text document, copy the following code to the text document. Before saving & closing the text editor, replace "operamini" in the code with your app name (eg: mario.jar, tetris.jar etc.)

Quote:
<html><body><a href="operamini.jar">install operamini.jar</a></body></html>
3. Now rename the text file from "xyz.txt" to "xyz.html"

4. Copy "xyz.html" and your .JAR file to your phone/card memory.

4. open xyz.html in your phone and your game would be installed.
Old 3rd June 2010, 09:26   #6393
BHPian

Now INTEL in your smart-phone, exciting, rt?

Its running Android v2.1:

Aava Mobile Intel Moorestown MID hands-on - SlashGear

Android 2.1 runs on Aava-built Intel Moorestown smartphone at Computex 2010 Video
Old 3rd June 2010, 10:20   #6394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Guys my wife's SE S500i would not charge, so I took it to a repair guy. At first he said that the software's gone kaput and need to be reloaded. I told him to go ahead but today he called and said that toes any one of you has faced the same situation? I mean what does it mean RAM going bad, can it not be repaired?
What has software got to do with charging ?

Charging of a battery is purely an electro-chemical reaction. It would happen even it the phone is switched off.

Looks like a contact problem to me.

Rohan
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:39   #6395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
What has software got to do with charging ?

Charging of a battery is purely an electro-chemical reaction. It would happen even it the phone is switched off.

Looks like a contact problem to me.

Rohan
Well I think repair guy is taking for a ride because he can not simply diagnose that charging is due to software issue, He might have tried flashing the phone with new-image and might be getting errors so concluded that RAM is bad.

But Software has large role to play in charging mobiles , Charging itself if electro-chemical process but there are battery algorithms which control the charging so as to prevent overcharging , overheating of battery and battery going below certain critical level.
Old 3rd June 2010, 13:33   #6396
BHPian

I think P1i suits your needs, though the phone is on the verge of phase out, I think it is great phone albeit bit slow.

It has all the features you are looking for..

Regards,
Rajesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
I need suggestion on the minimun budget I should set for a phone with the following features:
1. GRPS enabled(I have airtel unlimited gprs connection).
2. Very good signal reception. (I am currently using SE W200i, it doesnt have the signal reception as good as the previous phone, Nokia 1110)
3. At least 2" of screen.
4. Should have a document(.pdf, .doc, .xls, .ppt) viewer and able to download attachments.
5. Around 50MB internal memory / ROM / RAM.
6. At least 4 hours of talk time.
7. Should have a key pad, qwerty type preferred but not a compulsion but should be easy to use keypad. I liked the SE W200i keypad.
8. I prefer candy-bar design!!
9. Bluetooth 2.0.
10. Should be compatible with Opera mini browser.
11. Expandable memory (hot swap preferred)
12. Solid built, I normally like to keep my phone for atleast 3 years. I bought my SE W200i in April 2007.

Please suggest some options too.

I have Nokia C3(not yet launched but I normally like to wait at least 6 months after it is launched to see the phone doesnt have any issues) and Samsung corby TXT in my mind but I am not sure about the document viewer in them!!
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:24   #6397
Team-BHP Support

Surprisingly no HTC EVO 4G talk in here?

Is that because its not gonna work in India? (any way around this, ie are they launching any other versions?)
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:40   #6398
BHPian

guys any idea on availability of two Nokia N900 in Mumbai ... Grey market piece would do.
Old 3rd June 2010, 20:04   #6399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
I think P1i suits your needs, though the phone is on the verge of phase out, I think it is great phone albeit bit slow.

It has all the features you are looking for..

Regards,
Rajesh
Its around 15,000/- as per online resources. I can get E63 under 10K which I felt is a bit out of my budget so no P1i please. Any other suggestions?? I am interested in the Nokia C3 but I dont see it coming in to the stores and I am not sure whether it has a document reader!!
Old 3rd June 2010, 22:06   #6400
BHPian

You can have Samsung Monte, Spica. HTC Tattoo, HTC touch also.

C6 is being lacunhed, you can wait for it.
Old 3rd June 2010, 22:39   #6401
Senior - BHPian

Is there any replacement for the Nokia 8800 planned? I need a new phone and I am not so much into touch screens and would love to know if something like the 8800 is upcoming?
Old 4th June 2010, 21:46   #6402
BHPian

I am looking for a phone good for browsing. max budget is 10k. As i might be using this for atleast 2-3 years, would like to have 3G. Preferably Nokia or Sony. Please suggest some good models
Old 4th June 2010, 21:51   #6403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
I am looking for a phone good for browsing. max budget is 10k. As i might be using this for atleast 2-3 years, would like to have 3G. Preferably Nokia or Sony. Please suggest some good models
Why not Nokia 5230 and have GPS too as a bonus? The price have come down and if I am not wrong, now you get the cable, car holder etc. along with it.
Old 5th June 2010, 08:42   #6404
BHPian

Thanks Janitha. Will certainly check that. GPS is something that im not looking right now as i already have a Garmin. Dont mind it coming free though

Any idea about the price?
Old 5th June 2010, 10:14   #6405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Thanks Janitha. Will certainly check that. GPS is something that im not looking right now as i already have a Garmin. Dont mind it coming free though

Any idea about the price?
Two days back a local shop quoted 7.6K for the new pack with car holder etc. You may get it cheaper.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks