Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2010, 15:46   #6376
Senior - BHPian

Anyone using Sony Ericsson HAZEL ?
Old 27th May 2010, 18:21   #6377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
I am using AAC but with 64 as the bitrate - as suggested by the blogger in the link I posted earlier. I'll try with 48 and check. But since it is playing audio, is it not a problem with the video settings?
Oops I misread your problem being exactly opposite as Audio NOT playing , Alright the Video is not visible this just means that N97 is unable to support and basic principle is same. We need to see what codec and max values N97 support and choose them.

N97 spec at the same link states that it supports
MPEG-4 Video resolution Up to nHD that is 640x360 pixels or VGA at 30 fps

First you need to check the video codec is selected as MPEG4,

Video Codec has many parameters one is frame size so as per the above link make sure that frame size is 640X360 , This does not mean that every smaller subsize it will play so just select 640x360 , Next select a low frame-rate to start with lets say 15 FPS and you can try

Nokia web page does not provide which profile is supported but I assume it is baseline profile so if your tool allows choose baseline profile to start with.

Next is the total bitrate which should be lower then max bitrate supported ( not specified in link) One way to ensure a low bit-rate is choose high Q value ( lower Q is better quality as quantization is less)

Look at the tables given towards the end on following wikipedia page to understand how bit-rate is related to the profile.

H.264/MPEG-4 AVC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope this will help , I have not done any experiment on AVI to MPEG-4 , AAC in MP4 container conversion to answer this question and it is theoretical answer.

I am going out today for a long drive to Shirdi from Banaglore and if your problem is unsolved by the time I return then will experiment on the tool you are using and send you values to be used.
Old 27th May 2010, 20:02   #6378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post
@the lightening.
I have bought the X6 just yesterday. Initial impressions are good. Being a music phone, the loudspeaker clarity is really good. Though the loudness is not one of the best around here, even then it is quite good.
One main con, the sunlight legibility is not good. If you are ok with that, then it is an excellent phone.
If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

@Sahil
The Nokia C3 hasn't arrived yet. The shopkeeper's reckoning is that it will arrive by the end of this month.

Great.. how is the speed of the phone and response time of the touch screen? any hangs and lags? I am planning to buy it.. but nokia have always issues in the first launch , which worries me... what u say?
Old 28th May 2010, 17:57   #6379
BHPian

Hey!
It's speed is pretty good. It can easily have opera mini and music player running at the same time without any noticeable difference in it's performance.
All the previous nokia touch screen phones had resistive touch, but this one is the first nokia touch screen to have capacitive touch screen. So the touch response is pretty good.
I have used the N97 pretty extensively, compared to that the X6's touch is leagues ahead.
About the your concern of it being it a new launch, I don't think that it will have any problems as it had been launched in foreign markets quite a while back, so if it had any bugs, they must have been resolved by now.

Last edited by aman9393 : 28th May 2010 at 18:02.
Old 28th May 2010, 19:29   #6380
BHPian

Hey Aman, Congrats for a new buy

How much it cost to you. And any news of C6? Does C6 touch is also capacitive touch screen?
Old 30th May 2010, 12:17   #6381
BHPian

Thanks!
The X6 cost me 16500. The C6 has resistive touch. The X6 is the first Nokia to feature capacitive touch. The C6 isn't out there in the market yet. According to many retailers and also Nokia priority dealers, the C6 was supposed to be launched in the markets before the X6. So my guess is that it should be out soon.
Old 31st May 2010, 16:07   #6382
Senior - BHPian

Waiting for the N8, with a capacitive screen and USB host feature, it sure increases the music carrying capacity in a car.
Old 31st May 2010, 17:33   #6383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Oops I misread your problem being exactly opposite as Audio NOT playing , Alright the Video is not visible this just means that N97 is unable to support and basic principle is same. We need to see what codec and max values N97 support and choose them.

N97 spec at the same link states that it supports
MPEG-4 Video resolution Up to nHD that is 640x360 pixels or VGA at 30 fps

First you need to check the video codec is selected as MPEG4,

Video Codec has many parameters one is frame size so as per the above link make sure that frame size is 640X360 , This does not mean that every smaller subsize it will play so just select 640x360 , Next select a low frame-rate to start with lets say 15 FPS and you can try

Nokia web page does not provide which profile is supported but I assume it is baseline profile so if your tool allows choose baseline profile to start with.

Next is the total bitrate which should be lower then max bitrate supported ( not specified in link) One way to ensure a low bit-rate is choose high Q value ( lower Q is better quality as quantization is less)

Look at the tables given towards the end on following wikipedia page to understand how bit-rate is related to the profile.

H.264/MPEG-4 AVC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hope this will help , I have not done any experiment on AVI to MPEG-4 , AAC in MP4 container conversion to answer this question and it is theoretical answer.

I am going out today for a long drive to Shirdi from Banaglore and if your problem is unsolved by the time I return then will experiment on the tool you are using and send you values to be used.
Hope you're back from Shiridi I'm still unable to get a break through in the conversion. To make matters worse, even the couple of videos that I was able to convert show correctly only for about 10 minutes and then the video freezes. I've combed the Nokia forums but haven't found anything that worked ... so far.
Old 31st May 2010, 17:36   #6384
BHPian

Friends, I need to buy a phone with all features except the camera. My current work location does not allow mobile phones with cameras. What choices do I have? GPRS is a must-have feature.
Old 31st May 2010, 18:08   #6385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopal.prabhu1 View Post
Friends, I need to buy a phone with all features except the camera. My current work location does not allow mobile phones with cameras. What choices do I have? GPRS is a must-have feature.
Try this link, you might find something which might appeal to you:
Phones without cameras - CNET Asia
Old 31st May 2010, 20:53   #6386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman9393 View Post
Thanks!
The X6 cost me 16500. The C6 has resistive touch. The X6 is the first Nokia to feature capacitive touch. The C6 isn't out there in the market yet. According to many retailers and also Nokia priority dealers, the C6 was supposed to be launched in the markets before the X6. So my guess is that it should be out soon.
Used X6 today. Its slimmer and looks better built than my 5800 XM. The screen is better and looked slightly bigger. Rest is same!

16500 for 16GB one?
Old 1st June 2010, 14:13   #6387
BHPian

In Bangalore.. x6 is around 15600. I am planning to go for that.. than going for 5800.
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:57   #6388
BHPian

Quote:
Hope you're back from Shiridi I'm still unable to get a break through in the conversion. To make matters worse, even the couple of videos that I was able to convert show correctly only for about 10 minutes and then the video freezes. I've combed the Nokia forums but haven't found anything that worked ... so far.
Guys,

Try this converter.

Doremisoft Avi to MP4 converter. It's free, It's FAST and you don't have to bother on what bitrate, Sampling rate etc..

Just convert you avi to mp4 and it plays fabulously on your phone via Real Player.

Download DoremiSoft Free AVI to MP4 Converter, DoremiSoft Free AVI to MP4 Converter 1.0 Download

I have used the converted files on my E90 and enjoying the movies like never before.
Old 2nd June 2010, 20:42   #6389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am back but bogged up with work sorry , I will try converting over weekend. Did you check the framesize , framerate and overall bitrate for video.

Also try using some other tool , PC based MM frameworks like Directshow ( windows) or G-Streamer ( Linux ) can accommodate decoders which support a large number for profiles / framesizes but on Mobiles where DSP based codecs are used only limited profiles are supported and that is the cause of problem you are facing.

Finally try H.263 Baseline profile as encoder and try that.
Old 2nd June 2010, 22:40   #6390
Senior - BHPian

Guys my wife's SE S500i would not charge, so I took it to a repair guy. At first he said that the software's gone kaput and need to be reloaded. I told him to go ahead but today he called and said that toes any one of you has faced the same situation? I mean what does it mean RAM going bad, can it not be repaired?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks