Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2010, 23:52   #6346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
I am totally turned towards New Nokia 5800 Music Express unlimted Ovi usic edition. Is there any issues with this camera? users please advice?
Been using one for a few months now. Camera isn't great for pix but videos are great!

If you are interested in used one, PM jerrish666; he has one for sale as he got another mobile.

Checked out SE Vivaz today. Its sleek & light weight. Built quality was good. It comes with 8GB memory and cost 22,500 INR with bill.

Also checked out SE Hazel. Lot of features for 12k.

And, do remember any mobile running a windows OS has a very bad second hand value , very bad.
Old 23rd May 2010, 01:00   #6347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Been using one for a few months now. Camera isn't great for pix but videos are great!

If you are interested in used one, PM jerrish666; he has one for sale as he got another mobile.

Checked out SE Vivaz today. Its sleek & light weight. Built quality was good. It comes with 8GB memory and cost 22,500 INR with bill.

Also checked out SE Hazel. Lot of features for 12k.

And, do remember any mobile running a windows OS has a very bad second hand value , very bad.
Thanks JkDas, I will go through the sony models too. But first I need to sell my 5 months old E75. Then needs to buy a phone, with touch screen if possible.
Old 23rd May 2010, 13:08   #6348
UKR
BHPian

The Mobile Phone Thread - Queries, decisions, discussions all here-dsc028991.jpg

My N91 is showing its age now from a cosmetic point of view. But it still is fully functional and plays music great, the usp of the phone during its days. I am in awe of the build quality of the thing which has survived several falls including one on to the tarmac from a car doing 60+ . I was wondering if I could give it a cosmetic makeover i.e. replace the steel shell, the reflective face and the keys. Any one aware of where i could source these and also the cost involved.

Also one more query unrelated to the above, these days there are a lot of manufacturers like voxx, max, karbon which sell mobiles with touch screen, full qwerty keypad, support for old Nintendo games and all other bells and whistles of high end phones from reputed brands, all these for approx 5-6k. I am sure there is a catch somewhere but am not able to figure out where exactly.
Old 23rd May 2010, 17:31   #6349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKR View Post

Also one more query unrelated to the above, these days there are a lot of manufacturers like voxx, max, karbon which sell mobiles with touch screen, full qwerty keypad, support for old Nintendo games and all other bells and whistles of high end phones from reputed brands, all these for approx 5-6k. I am sure there is a catch somewhere but am not able to figure out where exactly.
maybe their radiation (SAR) levels are all over the place - can't be healthy
Old 24th May 2010, 10:07   #6350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
All - after researching a lot, I was still confused which nexus one variant will work for 3g in India. The conclusion was both at&t and tmobile variants (both can be ordered from google store) support 2100Mhz and so will work in India. So i ordered the tmobile variant (900/aws/2100) from google store instead of at&t (850/1900/2100)
Incase someone here is using the google nexus one in india and has tried 3g (bsnl/mtnl) an update would be nice.
You can buy either of them for BSNL network whcih operates in 2100Mhz band but you will be better off buying AT&T version becuase 850/1900 and 2100 are more common , AWS is 1700 which just T-Mobile uses in north America.
On second thought I do not understand that when Qualcomm modem is used in Nexus one why they did not use a Quad band modem instead of the AT&T version cost difference is not that high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
maybe their radiation (SAR) levels are all over the place - can't be healthy
Yes one of the possibility also the level of QA testing is very low on these phones. Actually in India it is a risk becuase we do not have an independent type certification testing like GCF for EU.

Phones have become a commodity in last few years and slowly such new players will gain market.Actually I will feel happy and buy one such phone fron Indian vendor if they open an R&D unit here and not just re-brand the Chinese manufactured phones.
Old 24th May 2010, 21:59   #6351
rbp
BHPian

extremely pi...ed off with Samsung, I spent close to three hours searching for the Samsung i5700, not a single shop had the stock, one shop fella even told me to wait for a month Every shop had the eye candy corby's, some of them even made funny faces on hearing the word SPICA.
Old 25th May 2010, 11:17   #6352
BHPian

Hey, I'm not sure if there is another thread for this, (I couldn't find one). I have an issue when trying to play video files on the N 97. I've used Super to convert from avi to mp4. However, I only hear audio and no video. I get the message "unable to play either sound or video clip Trying to play partially"

Anyone know what to do?
Old 25th May 2010, 11:24   #6353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
Hey, I'm not sure if there is another thread for this, (I couldn't find one). I have an issue when trying to play video files on the N 97. I've used Super to convert from avi to mp4. However, I only hear audio and no video. I get the message "unable to play either sound or video clip Trying to play partially"

Anyone know what to do?
Short Non Technical answer : Check the settings for Audio Codec in the tool you are using to convert AVI to MP4 and choose a codec with bitrate which your phone supports. You can get list of supprted audio codecs from manual / specification.

Little longish answer : AVI , MP4 , 3GP are multimedia file container formats which can contain Audio and Video encoded data in various formats. Also sync information between audio and video is present in some cases.
So while a device may support MP4 ( Container) it is not necessary that it supports all the possible Audio Video codec formats that can be contained in MP4 file.
Old 25th May 2010, 11:55   #6354
BHPian

Data cable for Nokia 7230

Took a plunge yesterday for Nokia 7230 for wifey. But I am surprised that they don't supply the datacable with the package. I was wondering how the hell are we supposed to transfer photos and music to the 2GB card.

I am looking for a datacable for the same. Can anyone give me the right pointers for the same please ? Cable from Nokia costs more than 1000 INR, looking for a alternative option please

Thanks a lot
Old 25th May 2010, 13:14   #6355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
.... I was wondering how the hell are we supposed to transfer photos and music to the 2GB card...
If thats the only concern, the cheapest route is buying a card reader. One of my colleagues has a card reader which he got for 50/- !!!
Old 25th May 2010, 13:27   #6356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
If thats the only concern, the cheapest route is buying a card reader. One of my colleagues has a card reader which he got for 50/- !!!
I will definitely buy one card reader. But if you don't mind educating me, what else do we need the datacable for. I know , but still education helps
Old 25th May 2010, 13:55   #6357
Senior - BHPian

My friend is looking for a Sony Ericsson mobile in the price range of 18-20 thousand. A QWERT keyboard would be a great advantage. Any ideas?
Old 25th May 2010, 14:19   #6358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Short Non Technical answer : Check the settings for Audio Codec in the tool you are using to convert AVI to MP4 and choose a codec with bitrate which your phone supports. You can get list of supprted audio codecs from manual / specification.

Little longish answer : AVI , MP4 , 3GP are multimedia file container formats which can contain Audio and Video encoded data in various formats. Also sync information between audio and video is present in some cases.
So while a device may support MP4 ( Container) it is not necessary that it supports all the possible Audio Video codec formats that can be contained in MP4 file.

Amit, I've used the setting shown here - Video Tips: Using SUPER encoder with Nseries
The trouble is that I am able to view some videos without any issues. However, a majority of them don't have video, only the audio plays. It would help if you can tell me which settings to play with. Have you tried a freeware called handbrake? This software is much faster in converting files. However, it has very few settings that can be played around with.
Alternatively, I tried looking for freeware players that would play avi or wmv files without conversion (since that would be faster However, I couldn't find any for the N 97.
Old 25th May 2010, 14:24   #6359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
I will definitely buy one card reader. But if you don't mind educating me, what else do we need the datacable for. I know , but still education helps
Apart from file transfer from your data card you can use the data cable for Synchronizing your cell phone contact list, SMSs, calender and bookmarks. Certain mobile phones may also require a data cable for installation of applications. With the data cable you can use your cell phone as a modem. There could be other uses but these are what I am aware of.
Old 25th May 2010, 14:49   #6360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Apart from file transfer from your data card you can use the data cable for Synchronizing your cell phone contact list, SMSs, calender and bookmarks. Certain mobile phones may also require a data cable for installation of applications. With the data cable you can use your cell phone as a modem. There could be other uses but these are what I am aware of.
Thanks a ton honey for your kind reply. It does work wonders for me now. So definitely I need to go for a datacable. I wonder how much it costs for my Nokia 7230.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks