Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2010, 13:46   #6241
Senior - BHPian

i bought the X10 3 weeks back. i dont consider the iphone and X2 as worthy contenders.

i would pick the X10 out of this as its much better than the X6 in many ways. IMO, buy the X6 only if you are a nokia loyalist or a symbian fan.
Old 30th April 2010, 13:50   #6242
BHPian

Thanks for the advice brother. Even i am keen to buy X10. The only reason (just 1 reason) thats really bothering me now is the size. Its just 2 big . But its ok the kind of features its giving me i can live with that.
Old 30th April 2010, 19:13   #6243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
If anyone wants to read review on SAMSUNG SPICA :

Mini Review About My Samsung Galaxy Spica. Please Don't Expect Pictures.I Am Bored:-P - Erodov Forums

Any one knows if any seller has this phone in stock in Bangalore??
Try Thimmegowda at 994549950 in Bangalore he may deliver at your place the shop is somewhere in malleshwaram or else try the Samusung store in Forum but you may get a better deal from first source.
Old 30th April 2010, 20:36   #6244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Try Thimmegowda at 994549950 in Bangalore he may deliver at your place the shop is somewhere in malleshwaram or else try the Samusung store in Forum but you may get a better deal from first source.
Thanks for the info. I called him up, he says he has 25 orders already. There is no stock. The day he gets stock, he will do 2lakhs of turnover!

No Stock anywhere! Are Samsung busy upgrading SPICA with andriod 2.1?? Or stopping the model??
Old 30th April 2010, 21:30   #6245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-e-ok View Post
Thanks for the advice brother. Even i am keen to buy X10. The only reason (just 1 reason) thats really bothering me now is the size. Its just 2 big . But its ok the kind of features its giving me i can live with that.
you are right, the size does pose a few problems. but i think you can get used to it.
Old 1st May 2010, 00:02   #6246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
you are right, the size does pose a few problems. but i think you can get used to it.
Thanks for your advice brother. i Just bought it getting used to it now. But i couldnt find a place where i can import my SIM contacts. Moreover i was amazed when i found out i couldnt zoom in-zoom out the pics with my fingers as i am used to my iphone. I had to push + and - to zoom/unzoom them. I mean even some chinese cheap phones have this feature. But its ok like you said i will get used to it. But some of the features it has are exceptional i must say.
Old 1st May 2010, 09:48   #6247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your advice brother. i Just bought it getting used to it now.
congrats bro.

Quote:
But i couldnt find a place where i can import my SIM contacts.
Go to 'dialer', click on 'contacts', press 'menu' key, click on 'more', click on 'import contacts' & finally click 'Sim Card'. you are done!

Quote:
Moreover i was amazed when i found out i couldnt zoom in-zoom out the pics with my fingers as i am used to my iphone. I had to push + and - to zoom/unzoom them. I mean even some chinese cheap phones have this feature. But its ok like you said i will get used to it. But some of the features it has are exceptional i must say.
just double click a pic, it will zoom in.

the feature you are talking about will be available once SE updates the phone to Android 2.0, i have heard it will happen in November & current X10 owners can also upgrade their phones.

along with that, multi touch & 16M colors screen will be available with the update.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 1st May 2010 at 09:52.
Old 1st May 2010, 17:29   #6248
BHPian

Quote:
congrats bro.

Go to 'dialer', click on 'contacts', press 'menu' key, click on 'more', click on 'import contacts' & finally click 'Sim Card'. you are done!

just double click a pic, it will zoom in.

the feature you are talking about will be available once SE updates the phone to Android 2.0, i have heard it will happen in November & current X10 owners can also upgrade their phones.

along with that, multi touch & 16M colors screen will be available with the update.
Thanks for the information i was able to import the contacts from the SIM. Moreover was able to categorise my facebook,gmail and phonebook contacts. I have read the manual and believe me the other day i was pretty much underestimating this phone. Or may be i reckoned it as a dumb phone. But when i read the manual and twiggled around with the features. No doubt its a very very smart phone .
So far the 2 drawbacks i found(may be cause i dont know how to use it properly) are i am trying to make the process of calling/receiving calls/ reading/composing SMS a bit hassle free. Its taking a lot of steps to reach upto the place where i precisely want to call . Same deal with the message.May be i am a bit spoilt by Iphone that's why.
Old 1st May 2010, 19:01   #6249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the information i was able to import the contacts from the SIM. Moreover was able to categorise my facebook,gmail and phonebook contacts. I have read the manual and believe me the other day i was pretty much underestimating this phone. Or may be i reckoned it as a dumb phone. But when i read the manual and twiggled around with the features. No doubt its a very very smart phone .
So far the 2 drawbacks i found(may be cause i dont know how to use it properly) are i am trying to make the process of calling/receiving calls/ reading/composing SMS a bit hassle free. Its taking a lot of steps to reach upto the place where i precisely want to call . Same deal with the message.May be i am a bit spoilt by Iphone that's why.

I agree, before reading the manual, its pretty hard to judge the phone...
Old 1st May 2010, 21:05   #6250
Senior - BHPian

I am looking for a phone with the following requirements:

1. Must have good battery
2. Must have good camera (more than 3.2, flash required, good video shooting capabilities)
3. Must have stereo speakers with good sound output
4. Must have good voice clarity
5. Would be nice to have a QWERTY keyboard or touchscreen
6. Would prefer a smartphone (Symbian or WinMobo preferred OS)
7. Would prefer AGPS

These are the few requirements that come to mind.

The budget is around 7K, can be stretched a little bit depending on additional features. Preference to smartphones (with proper operating system) from Nokia or Samsung or HTC.
Old 2nd May 2010, 07:49   #6251
Senior - BHPian

Guys I have a problem, My Nokia 5610 music phone's battery (BP-5M) has suddenly bulged so much so that I'm unable to close the back cover on it. It has bulged in the center of the battery on both the sides. It still works though.
What could the problem be ?
Old 2nd May 2010, 08:27   #6252
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Guys I have a problem, My Nokia 5610 music phone's battery (BP-5M) has suddenly bulged so much so that I'm unable to close the back cover on it. It has bulged in the center of the battery on both the sides. It still works though.
What could the problem be ?
The battery is at end-of-life.
I'm sure that battery time must also have reduced drastically.
Must also be getting hot. Bulging hot batteries are unsafe.
Please change the battery immediately.
Old 2nd May 2010, 08:28   #6253
BHPian

Hi All,

I need to buy a mobile without a camera, since i cant take a cam mobile to work(project restrictions), i need maximum options(minus camera). Please help me out?
Blackberry used to sell few models without camera, but it seems to be out of production now.
Old 2nd May 2010, 08:46   #6254
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I am totally in awe... the new N8 rocks! The design is beautiful, the specs and the hardware even better. At 420$ before subsidies, I cant think of a better value for money phone than this.
This is going to be my next phone for sure. Awesome!
Quote:
superb phone & the 12MP camera with xenon flash rocks. its hard to believe that it will cost just 420$. i think pricing will be in the range of 27-30k.
still, its a steal even at that price. just hope that the symbian 3 is worth the price. and why just a 600 MHz processor? cmon nokia, give a 1 GHz & this phone will rock.
and a 1200 mAh battery? terribly insufficient.
Have you noticed, there is no sliding battery lid on the back of the new Nokia N8 Vasco. It has an integrated battery which is not intended to be removed by the user !

Another thing is one can directly transfer files from a flash pen drive or USB external hard drive to the N8 without a PC/laptop. However as it uses the FAT32 filesystem, the files must be smaller than 4 GB each.

Nokia was always known for decent camera hardware: Tessar lenses, good sensors, and even Xenon flash in cameras like the N82.

By proclaiming a serious image sensor, larger than that found in some compact cameras, the market has now been sensitized to question the sensor sizes of camera phones. Megapixels alone is no longer a figure of merit.

And the smooth high quality HD video capture: 720p at 60 frames per second sets new paradigms of expectation for the entire camera phone market.

Besides HD video, the Nokia N8 Vasco is the world's first phone with 5.1 Dolby Plus stereo surround sound.

The mobile phone brand with the world's biggest market share just raised the bar for competitors.
Old 2nd May 2010, 09:33   #6255
Senior - BHPian

Since people seem to be running after mobiles for their cameras, what is your experience with "shutter lag:?

My 5130 XpressMusic can shoot only still subjects, a bit of movement, and things can get blurry.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks