Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2010, 16:16   #6181
Senior - BHPian

@ rohan: thanks buddy. and what would be their approx pricing?
Old 24th April 2010, 18:56   #6182
Senior - BHPian

I just bought a HTC Tattoo. I'm facing a few problems..
1. Wifi stops working after a couple of minutes. Even when it is ON, there's no transfer of data.
2. GPRS settings done but still not able to browse on WAP browser. It does not connect to GPRS/EDGE first of all.(I'm using Vodafone)

Could someone plz help me out with this?
Old 24th April 2010, 19:31   #6183
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, my friend (a girl) needs a new phone in a budget of Rs. 10k to 15k.

the phone needs to have a touchscreen, it should have a 3 MP camera or above & it should be slim & light weight (the kind girls prefer!).

which one would you suggest?
Old 24th April 2010, 23:13   #6184
BHPian

Need some help to configure emails on Nokia E72. I configured gmail,ovi mails on E72 using Wi-fi connection (both are IMAP) since I was unable to configure using 3G connection. Now, after initial setup, I am not able to send or receive any mails in 3G network. It works fine on Wifi though. Also, I am not able to configure yahoo mail on E72. Can someone help? Phoenix, what's your yahoo mailbox confoguration?
Old 25th April 2010, 10:33   #6185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
@ rohan: thanks buddy. and what would be their approx pricing?
Both Sony and Sennheiser have a wide range of earphones/headphones starting from Rs 500 (approx) up to several thousand rupees. You can choose whatever suits your budget and requirements.

The (approx) prices are mentioned on the Sony website. Sennheiser prices would also be similar. You could also get an idea of prices from ebay.

Quote:

the phone needs to have a touchscreen, it should have a 3 MP camera or above & it should be slim & light weight (the kind girls prefer!).

I would suggest Samsung Jet and Samsung Monte.

Rohan
Old 25th April 2010, 12:20   #6186
BHPian

Quote:

I too recommend Samsung Jet, it has 5mp camera with LED screen with good picture quality. It does support 16GB micro SD card, but doesn't come with any, so you have to buy.

Anyways how you like X10, its available for 29K here. But I see OS is really outdated 1.6 version. Whereas HTC Legend and Nexus one comes with 2.1.
Old 25th April 2010, 12:50   #6187
Senior - BHPian

@ rohan & sam: okay, thanks for the suggestion.

@ sam: as i said, i really liked the X10, i find it to be better than the iphone & google in many ways. yes, there are some glitches like reception quality is poor & message texting is not very easy, takes some time getting used to, but overall, i find it a nice buy.

yes, i spend around 5k more for the phone but as said by rohan a few posts above, i got 2 accessories worth 5k with the phone which is not available in india. so overall, i am very happy with my purchase.

about the OS, sadly it comes with android 1.6 but i dont really see any shortcomings due to that. also, sony will be upgrading the OS to android 2.0 in november & present X10 owners can do that upgrade in their phone, so not an issue.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 25th April 2010 at 12:54.
Old 25th April 2010, 12:56   #6188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ sam: as i said, i really liked the X10, i find it to be better than the iphone & google in many ways. yes, there are some glitches like reception quality is poor & message texting is not very easy, takes some time getting used to, but overall, i find it a nice buy.
And you call it a good phone. In this age of digital convergence the whole purpose of first having a good phone is lost

I would not recommned X10 to anyone simply because my experience with Sony smartphones has been poor starting with the P990i which I sold off last year. If android phone is what you are after the recently launched HTC Incredible or Nexus One are far far better options.
Old 25th April 2010, 13:07   #6189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
And you call it a good phone. In this age of digital convergence the whole purpose of first having a good phone is lost

I would not recommned X10 to anyone simply because my experience with Sony smartphones has been poor starting with the P990i which I sold off last year. If android phone is what you are after the recently launched HTC Incredible or Nexus One are far far better options.
every phone has its own set of flaws buddy & this is one of the flaw which X10 has. when i said that the reception quality is poor, it does not mean you cannot hear anything, i compared it to my earlier N95 which was quite loud. yes, but in a noisy environment, you will have to strain to hear in a X10.

every individual has their own set of priorities when it comes to a phone. my biggest priority was a good camera. X10 has a 8MP whereas google nexus one has a 5MP. second on list was a huge screen. HTC was 3.7" whereas X10 was 4". lastly, it was looks. personally, i prefer the X10's looks.

also, when it comes to issues, i have a sony erricsson centre near to my house but i have yet to see a HTC service anywhere in mumbai.

i dont know about your experience with SE but i have not had any issues till now, touch wood! if i have any, i will report that over here & then i would definitely not recommend this phone to anyone. till then, for 30k, its a great buy IMO!

Last edited by raj_5004 : 25th April 2010 at 13:10.
Old 25th April 2010, 13:14   #6190
Senior - BHPian

@raj... you would believe what Sony did to the early adopter of the P990i. The phone came at a whopping 35k's when it was first launched and until the time I sold it off, the features listed in the white paper were still not implemented. The so-call smartphone wasnt even able to open a single heavy webpage without "out of memory" errors.
The company did provide a few updates but in the end realized that on the hardware they wont be able to implement all the features and one fine day abandoned the phone like an non legitimate child, leaving each one of us in lurch.
From that day on I have never bought a SE and looking at their current financial position, I dont think they will go too far.
Old 25th April 2010, 13:20   #6191
BHPian

Can anybody post their user experience about the Jet? The user reviews available on the web are not encouraging. There are many reviews stating that the Jet suffers from general reliability issues. And also that it's software is unstable.

Last edited by aman9393 : 25th April 2010 at 13:21.
Old 25th April 2010, 13:20   #6192
Senior - BHPian

@ ET: i understand buddy. maybe that experience has left you with a bitter note for SE.

but i feel thats not the case with the X10, it comes with all the promised goodies. the only 'yet to be launched' thingy which we are talking about here is the update to android 2.0 which honestly, even if it does not come, does not affect me in any way. the phone is working fine now, the display is awesome, the processor is fast, camera is superb, audio quality is nice & the likes.

i just hope all these things work the way it is working now in the years to come. so thats the reason i said, for now, the phone is behaving good & is worth a buy. if at all, it starts showing issues, i would ask everyone to say away from it.
Old 25th April 2010, 15:26   #6193
BHPian

e72 yahoomail

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Also, I am not able to configure yahoo mail on E72. Can someone help? Phoenix, what's your yahoo mailbox confoguration?
What fields do you require? tell me.
Old 25th April 2010, 16:04   #6194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Need some help to configure emails on Nokia E72. I configured gmail,ovi mails on E72 using Wi-fi connection (both are IMAP) since I was unable to configure using 3G connection. Now, after initial setup, I am not able to send or receive any mails in 3G network. It works fine on Wifi though. Also, I am not able to configure yahoo mail on E72. Can someone help? Phoenix, what's your yahoo mailbox confoguration?
Check and see what access point is being defined for use. I am not sure about BSNL 3G, am on Aircel, and I got a Aircel - GPRS access point when my GPRS was activated.

Here're my settings for yahoo mail:

Mailbox settings:
My email address: username@yahoo.co.in
Reply-to address:
Mailbox name: Yahoo Mail
My name:
Signature: Off
Advanced mailb. Settings
Incoming email settings
Username: username@yahoo.co.in
Password: ****
Incoming mail server: pop.mail.yahoo.co.in
Access point to use: Aircel - GPRS
Security: On (SSL/TLS)
Port: Default
APOP secure login: Off
Outgoing email settings
User authentication: Same as for incoming
User name: username@yahoo.co.in
Outgoing mail server: smtp.mail.yahoo.co.in
Access point in use: Ask always
Security: On (SSL/TLS)
Port: Default
What to sync
Retrieve: Only headers
Emails to retrieve: All

When to sync
Connection days: All days
Connection hours: All day
Update interval: 1 hour
Retrieve when abroad: Only in home network
Old 25th April 2010, 16:16   #6195
BHPian

BSNL 3G settings

[quote=ph03n!x;1855049]I am using BSNL 3G at singara Chennai.

Here're my settings for yahoo mail:

Mailbox settings:
My email address: username@yahoo.com
Reply-to address: username@yahoo.com
Mailbox name: Yahoo Mail
Mailbox type: IMAP
My name: None
Username: username@yahoo.com
Password: ****
Server name: nokia-prem.imap.mail.yahoo.com
Signature: Off
Incoming mail server: pop.mail.yahoo.co.in